vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keen to get this last thursday game out of the road, no more for a while =).

Yeah and hopefully we’ll be able to actually attend some games soon.
I’d much rather go Friday/ Saturday than Thursday nights.

Kalyn Ponga just signed a 4 year, $4 million extension with the Knights - so that’s Fox Sports and the NRL’s narrative for Thursday night sorted. It’ll be the Kalyn Ponga show - another one Brisbane let get away that will make them pay when they wipe the floor with us.

3ed835a2890fb35827ef3dddcfeb7b92.jpg

Did we even enquire about Ponga? Or we he never going to leave Newcastle?

Did we even enquire about Ponga? Or we he never going to leave Newcastle?
Sounds like they basically always had him in the bag, which as his incumbent club you'd expect to be the case. It wouldn't surprise me if we never had a decent crack though, that seems to be the way we handle things these days.

Might cop some heat for this but he's not the best use of 1.1 million per season for us. We have a decent group on paper, they just need to actually perform and play as a team. While he's a good enough player I'd much rather use that money to get in some solid old heads and depth to drive the young fellas and set the team culture straight.

Might cop some heat for this but he's not the best use of 1.1 million per season for us. We have a decent group on paper, they just need to actually perform and play as a team. While he's a good enough player I'd much rather use that money to get in some solid old heads and depth to drive the young fellas and set the team culture straight.

And, maybe, just maybe, either Farnworth or Coates might be the FB we need down the track. I am more impressed with Herbie each time I watch his athleticism and football brain out there on the field

Last edited:
Confirmed: Luke will be in the 17 tomorrow night.
Glenn says Luke coming off the bench as support for Paix:

"When I first met him for a Kiwis game in 2011 he told me he always wanted to play for the Brisbane Broncos, so it's a dream come true for him," Glenn said of the veteran of 274 NRL games. It's been a huge privilege to have him at the club. He has fit in really well."

Last edited:
Confirmed: Luke will be in the 17 tomorrow night.

Was it ever in doubt? He didn’t come to us to ‘teach our youngsters’. He could have stayed at the Dragons for that.

Our hooking strength is p*ss-weak and needed immediate improvement. Him not playing doesn’t help us at all.

So:

1. Isaako
2. Coates
3. Farnworth
4. Boyd
5. Oates
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Lodge
9. Paix
10. Haas
11. Glenn (c)
12. TPJ
13. Carrigan

14. Luke
15. Flegler
16. Joffa
17. Teo

I suspect (I know the numbers aren't correct). I actually have a sneaking suspicion this side might actually get the chocolates tomorrow night, am I going crazy?

With how Seibs operates, the interchange could look like

14. Niu
15. Luke
16. Flegler / Te'o
17. Joffa / Te'o

In our first two matches of the season we ran with both Herbie and Macca on the bench.

I suspect (I know the numbers aren't correct). I actually have a sneaking suspicion this side might actually get the chocolates tomorrow night, am I going crazy?

Be careful I had a similar feeling before the roosters game as I have posted before and we know what happened then.
Save this feeling for the titans game.

And, maybe, just maybe, either Farnworth or Coates might be the FB we need down the track. I am more impressed with Herbie each time I watch his athleticism and football brain out there on the field

Totally agree on Herbie, he'll be repping England in a year or two. No other team can gain as much from match XP as our team..we will be the most improved team by the end of the year. Physically and mentally our team is going to grow the most this season by a margin.

Totally agree on Herbie, he'll be repping England in a year or two. No other team can gain as much from match XP as our team..we will be the most improved team by the end of the year. Physically and mentally our team is going to grow the most this season by a margin.
I sure hope so!

I just hope it’s not by default because, you know, the only way is up after you lose 59-0.

😞

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• matthewransom34@ic
  • Brotherdu
  • Spike
  • Pablo
  • Manofoneway
  • Bish
  • Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.