Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
With how Seibs operates, the interchange could look like

14. Niu
15. Luke
16. Flegler / Te'o
17. Joffa / Te'o

In our first two matches of the season we ran with both Herbie and Macca on the bench.
Yep, this is the narcissistic approach I expect from Seibold. “See how clever I am”

So:

1. Isaako
2. Coates
3. Farnworth
4. Boyd
5. Oates
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Lodge
9. Paix
10. Haas
11. Glenn (c)
12. TPJ
13. Carrigan

14. Luke
15. Flegler
16. Joffa
17. Teo

I suspect (I know the numbers aren't correct). I actually have a sneaking suspicion this side might actually get the chocolates tomorrow night, am I going crazy?

That team actually looks pretty good on paper. Hope they can hold onto a football for once though.

Teo, Luke, and TPJ in one side. Finally a bit of mongrel.

Yeah and hopefully we’ll be able to actually attend some games soon.
I’d much rather go Friday/ Saturday than Thursday nights.
Are you sure? I could have sworn someone said on here we wouldn’t even be able to attend games next year.

Sounds like they basically always had him in the bag, which as his incumbent club you'd expect to be the case. It wouldn't surprise me if we never had a decent crack though, that seems to be the way we handle things these days.
I'm glad we aren't offering 4 year million dollar deals. We've already seen what a million a season buys, complacency. Millionford is an example of a player with a fat long term contract who knows no coach will run him around in reggies. He is a 50% player, putting in for only half a game.

I think it's time for a breakout game. I expect a really spirited Newcastle to bring out some of our best. I'm loading up on the Broncos. I'm a shit judge too.

See TPJ run. Run TPJ run ... straight at Mitchell Pearce

I've tipped us this week for the first time in a while, can feel something brewing. Think the experience addition of Glenn & Luke will be enormous for the young guys, and having TPJ running amok on the edge will create some spark.

Broncos by 8.

I've tipped us this week for the first time in a while, can feel something brewing. Think the experience addition of Glenn & Luke will be enormous for the young guys, and having TPJ running amok on the edge will create some spark.

Broncos by 8.

My multi likes the sound of that

Broncos by 8.
Depends who is reffing imo.
If its Cecchin or Perenara expect 10+ 6 again restarts against the Broncos and at least a 3 to 1 penalty count with a minimum of 2 sin bins based on the email that went out to all the clubs.

If its Cecchin or Perenara expect 10+ 6 again restarts against the Broncos and at least a 3 to 1 penalty count with a minimum of 2 sin bins based on the email that went out to all the clubs.

It's old mate Gerard Sutton.

He dicked us in Round 3, so, he owes us a fair crack this game.

It's old mate Gerard Sutton.

He dicked us in Round 3, so, he owes us a fair crack this game.
Thats a relief, i get a sense of dread when those other 2 are on our games.

And, maybe, just maybe, either Farnworth or Coates might be the FB we need down the track. I am more impressed with Herbie each time I watch his athleticism and football brain out there on the field
If herbie came through grades as a fullback i think he could have been a fullback in the papenhuyzen mould. Based upon training reports he is pretty quick and wins, or is up there in fitness drills. He could be like papenhuyzen and just do everything at a million miles per hour, but with a bigger frame. That pace and fitness to continue support play in the middle would suit our forwards and speed on the sweep plays would really threaten outside defenders.

Could be worse, could be klein again.

Go back and watch Kennedy in defence in the 2nd half when he comes on. He was a mile faster off the line than anyone else and didn't give anything away.

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one that noticed that. Then contrast that with the number of lazy and stupid efforts Flegler made right at the start of the 2nd half and that’s what really stands out to me.

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one that noticed that. Then contrast that with the number of lazy and stupid efforts Flegler made right at the start of the 2nd half and that’s what really stands out to me.
I agree with both of you. Kennedy has been quite unassuming and has gone quietly about his work without fuss or fanfare. Nothing flash, but his performances have remained consistent throughout. His workrate and ball security should be recognised and rewarded accordingly by Siebs.

Flegs on the other hand has started the year on fire but since we started back it's like he's lost interest. His ball security needs serious work and his attitude to getting back in the line or at least making an effort from marker also needs sorting. I had high hopes for Flegs, but lately I'm wondering what the hell has happened to him to make his form drop off so dramatically.

Perhaps dropping him to behind Kennedy might smarten up his approach to future games. Siebs talks about rotation - well he should start rotating the slackers as from now seeing as we have some more forwards coming back.

I'm tipping Lodge to have a man of the match performance tonight now that his besty is back on the field with him.

Broncos by 8.
Me too. Thought we turned a corner last week apart from blowing an 18 point lead.
The effort was there and Klein dudded us a few times. A few more experienced additions this week should get us over the line.

I normally don’t stress about refereeing but that last game still ticks me off. The blatant one-sidedness of that second half just still carries the stench of corruption and as far as I’m aware, no one is even mentioning it in the media.

I'm glad we aren't offering 4 year million dollar deals. We've already seen what a million a season buys, complacency. Millionford is an example of a player with a fat long term contract who knows no coach will run him around in reggies. He is a 50% player, putting in for only half a game.
Similarly, Taumalolo got a 10 year, 10 million dollar deal and he's by a country mile the Cowboys best player week in, week out. So there is the other side of that coin to consider too.

Ponga is already in the top 10 players in the comp, and he's realistically only just warming up. Every one of those top 10 players will cost you around a million bucks to buy, that's the price of elite talent these days.

Milford wasn't top 10 good when we signed him and he's never been top 10 good in the whole time we've owned him. He'd be pushing it to be considered top 50 at the moment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • ezpz
  • davidp
  • Brocko
  • broncsgoat
  • Harry Sack
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • Midean
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Jazza
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • BruiserMk1
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.