vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d be a lot more confident about this game if Staggs was playing. He seems to play a part in almost every try we score this season.
I feel you bro, but we got our Saviour - Coates.
[automerge]1592434656[/automerge]
I feel you bro, but we got our Saviour - Coates.
Bet that pun gets used by the meeja before too long.

Last edited:
I’d be a lot more confident about this game if Staggs was playing. He seems to play a part in almost every try we score this season.

I'm mostly worried about the referee wanting to 'stamp their authority' and show these 'cheating, scumbag coaches' who is boss after the email was sent out this week.

We can't have any of the teams trying to actually decide the outcomes of the games now can we.

Last edited:
I'm mostly worried about the referee wanting to 'stamp their authority' and show these 'cheating, scumbag coaches' who is boss after the email was sent out this week.

We can't have any of the teams trying to actually decide the outcomes of the games now can we.
We're playing the Knights who are media darlings at the best of times, and the media has a wonderful narrative to drive home this week about Ponga staying loyal and looking to build a dynasty at the Knights, playing a 'bad guy' team everyone knows would probably have enquired about him, so honestly, I think another double digit deficit in the penalty count is definitely not out of the question for us again.

Kalyn has a beautiful long pass that can get from the middle to the edges and land on a dime. With our edge defence that is my biggest worry for this game. Especially on our left.

Similarly, Taumalolo got a 10 year, 10 million dollar deal and he's by a country mile the Cowboys best player week in, week out. So there is the other side of that coin to consider too.

Ponga is already in the top 10 players in the comp, and he's realistically only just warming up. Every one of those top 10 players will cost you around a million bucks to buy, that's the price of elite talent these days.

Milford wasn't top 10 good when we signed him and he's never been top 10 good in the whole time we've owned him. He'd be pushing it to be considered top 50 at the moment.
Milford deserves a lot of criticism, but saying he has never been a top 10 player whilst at the club, I just can’t agree with.

2015 he was unstoppable, should have got CC medal (even in a losing team). 2016 he was pretty bloody good too, at least the first half.

The rest of the time he’s been below expectations and is fair game. But there would not have been a team in the competition that would have said no to having 2015-16 Milford in their halves.

Last edited:
Who drops out of the side for Luke?

Yep, he is the only guy that looks like scoring on this team. Points will be very hard to come by tonight for this squad so they will have to tighten up significantly (defensively) to be any chance. Newcastle are nothing special but they have a couple players who can burn you if you're not careful.

One advantage is that Newcastle are coming off their first loss under O’Brien and that Melbourne game would have been a emotional roller coaster.

Test is for Newcastle is do they come out firing and show they are premiership quality or do they hesitate and try to play simple and down a notch of speed which opens them up for an ambush if our boys have the ability to pull it off

I think they will come out strong but if we can hold them and not let them score points early then last weeks game will have an impact on them.

Last edited:
I reckon the penalty count will be more even, the media will eventually pick up on that lopsided stat if we mention it enough on here.

I reckon the penalty count will be more even, the media will eventually pick up on that lopsided stat if we mention it enough on here.
We only mention it on here though... need to broadcast it all over Facebook and let broncs nation go to work!!

Similarly, Taumalolo got a 10 year, 10 million dollar deal and he's by a country mile the Cowboys best player week in, week out. So there is the other side of that coin to consider too.

Ponga is already in the top 10 players in the comp, and he's realistically only just warming up. Every one of those top 10 players will cost you around a million bucks to buy, that's the price of elite talent these days.

Milford wasn't top 10 good when we signed him and he's never been top 10 good in the whole time we've owned him. He'd be pushing it to be considered top 50 at the moment.
I don't disagree at all but I believe he may be an exception rather than the norm. It would be very difficult to not become comfortable. Millionford is very definitely only in 50%. Even at 100% there'd be a downside to him but on balance he'd be worth producing more points than pain. It's now that he's hopeless (even Darius Boyd breaks the line twice as often!!!) that gets on my tits.

I've loaded up on the Broncos tonight. Plenty of multibets and backed them straight out as well. It will be a very committed and disciplined Broncos outfit that takes the field. I think a few have been warned and Millionford especially. Confident tonight and would be so against any team. That said I am referring to the overall team performance and against the very best teams we'd show up but it's Newcastle tonight and we will get them.

I admire people’s optimism and also laugh at it.
Yep, you're spot on, as long Milford is still the focal point of our attack and Darius Boyd is beyond being dropped then we really have no right to feel optimistic against anyone but the other bottom four sides, which luckily for Milford he gets to play against for the next month or so after this game.

Last edited:
I've loaded up on the Broncos tonight. Plenty of multibets and backed them straight out as well. It will be a very committed and disciplined Broncos outfit that takes the field. I think a few have been warned and Millionford especially. Confident tonight and would be so against any team. That said I am referring to the overall team performance and against the very best teams we'd show up but it's Newcastle tonight and we will get them.
If you're going to be making donations like that I can think of a few charities that could use it before the betting agencies got a look at it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Dash
  • kiwibronco
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.