Not open for further replies.
BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
FWIW my team below:

1. Jamayne Isaako
2. Richie Kennar - Think we might go with experience… alternative is Coates wing Glenn/Niu center
3. Xavier Coates - Center all his juniors (defence is a huge concern)… Glenn might also be considered
4. Darius Boyd... sigh
5. Herbie Farnworth
6. Anthony Milford
7. Brodie Croft
8. Matthew Lodge
9. Issac Luke - Not sure he can pump out 80 so will need relief on the bench
10. Payne Haas
11. Corey Oates - Prefer him in the 2nd row rather than wing nowadays
12. Tevita Pangai jnr
13. Patrick Carrigan

14. Cory Paix - Niu or Dearden if injured
15. Alex Glenn - Flegler to come in if Glenn starts at 2nd row or center
16. Joe Ofahengaue
17. Rhys Kennedy - Think Flegler needs a rest

Reserves Available:
- Thomas Flegler - Rested (not dropped) as I think he's looking a bit flat
- Thomas Dearden - Next cab off the rank
- Ben Te'o - Underdone
- Jamil Hopoate - Can fill a role only if needed
- Ilikena Vudogo - Not ready yet
- Ethan Bullemore - Development, but next cab in the reserves
- Fanitesi Niu - Development, but next cab in the reserves
- Tyson Gamble - Development, behind Dearden and SOS
- Kobe Hetherington - Development, doesn't seem like he is ready
- Pride Petterson Robati - Development, no idea

Injured:
- Kotoni Staggs - Injured 4-6 weeks
- Jake Turpin - Injured (July)
- Jack Bird - Injured (season)
- David Fifita - Injured (2-3 weeks)
- Jesse Arthars - Injured (6-8 weeks)
- Jordan Kahu - Always injured
- Sean O'Sullivan - Injured (August?)
- Keenan Palasia - Injured (Season)
- Jordan Riki - Development (possibly injured)

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
I think the biggest mistake seibold and the club made was thinking the season would start a lot later...

I remember someone at the club coming out and saying they were told the season would start around August/September so they are going to have a couple of weeks off (so they don't burn out). The June 28 date came out about 2 weeks later..There's no way parra and roosters did that. Dw, I'm sure no one in Sydney tipped them off guys...

That's not accurate, they had every scenario planned for every date that it could possibly be it was meticulous in the planning.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
I hate that we're getting so many injuries but on the plus side it'll give experience to an entire squad at least. Considering our squads average age is about 14, it'll be pretty crazy to think we may not have any debutants in 2021...

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
That's not accurate, they had every scenario planned for every date that it could possibly be it was meticulous in the planning.
How did they come back fitness wise?

We looked reasonably comfortable in rounds 1 & 2, but look very flat at the moment... is it a fitness issue after the 8 week break or is it just consistency within the line up (constantly changing lineup)?

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
I'm sure they did plan for every scenario. But planning as a possibility and expecting are 2 totally different mindsets and preparation scenarios....

Broncos Maestro

Broncos Maestro

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
This was my worse fears by having a disrupted season because of COVID-19. Having that time off unsure if the season would be cancelled or not, then having the season restart on pretty quick notice to me meant some players would be at high risk of injuries. Because players couldn’t train properly and have the right medicos around, I just had a bad feeling it would happen.

Wish this season was just scrapped
While the timing was earlier than expected, the mentality around training and keeping fit is totally on both the club and individual players.
The whole COVID situation affected EVERYBODY and we (at work) had to adapt quickly to remote working and virtual meetings.

There is no excuse as to why these very highly paid individuals with world class coaches and support staff could not adapt like the rest of us.
[automerge]1592106795[/automerge]

We looked reasonably comfortable in rounds 1 & 2, but look very flat at the moment... is it a fitness issue after the 8 week break or is it just consistency within the line up (constantly changing lineup)?
Doubling on my reply earlier but I have a feeling some players treated as an extended off season.

Last edited:

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013

It's obviously hard to replicate what you can do at the club but they were all given programs based on running and what they had at home.

They got 15 watches from Telstra so Devlin could track all their movements and running data and strength data. Players had to upload video to the group too showing what they are doing so they were all accountable during the time away.

It was done the best it could be.

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
Bloody hell, I do have to ask and I’m saying this is the reason it seems to be more bad luck, but have we changed conditioning staff recently?

Last edited:
Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
Can he even walk still? are Zimmer frames allowed on the field?

Doesn’t matter. Did his hammy (from memory) while in the rehab group for his shoulder injury...

I predict we’ll never see Kahu again.

Mitchell_Broncos

Mitchell_Broncos

NRL Player
Jun 21, 2016
FML im going to go hide in a hole for the rest of the season.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
I know people don't like the excuses thing, particularly as Seibs is leaning into it a bit, but I can guarantee there may be only one or two media folk that may give us a break.

Everyone else will still take the narrative of 'It doesn't matter, you know what's expected when you play for the Broncos. Brisbane is the best resourced club, they should be able to overcome something like this'

Man I should be Tallis's ghost-writer

Donald Garner

Donald Garner

NRL Player
Feb 5, 2017
Staggs has done his hammy. I can’t remember a season like this

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
**** me! We cant catch a break.... thank you! I'll be here all night.

Yeah, it's the wrong sort of break to catch.
[automerge]1592110502[/automerge]
Staggs has done his hammy. I can’t remember a season like this

2007:

Lockyer gone for the season
KHunt gone for the season
Tate gone for the season (and Broncos career)
Berrigan gone for the season (and Broncos career)
Hodges missed a large chunk

Last edited:
the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
I know it won’t happen, but if love to see it..
6. Dearden
7. Croft
9. Milford

14. Luke

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
While the timing was earlier than expected, the mentality around training and keeping fit is totally on both the club and individual players.
The whole COVID situation affected EVERYBODY and we (at work) had to adapt quickly to remote working and virtual meetings.

There is no excuse as to why these very highly paid individuals with world class coaches and support staff could not adapt like the rest of us.
[automerge]1592106795[/automerge]

Doubling on my reply earlier but I have a feeling some players treated as an extended off season.

I think it could have caught some of the players off guard when the restart of the season was announced. I admit myself, I thought the season would be cancelled for all money. Maybe it could just the state of our squad these days. Just not good enough to compete with the rest.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Are we still training at 110% or whatever it was? Starting to think that maybe it isn’t a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.