Round 6 - Roosters vs Broncos - Post Match Discussion

Re: Round 6 - Roosters v Broncos - Post Match Discussion

user_nat said:
24 - 6

Would have been nice to crack 30.

We'll save that for next time.

Great win. icon_smile

Copley was impressive. I had a shiver down my spine when they announced that he was in for Teo, but he made some great plays.

Oh, and let's never do the Corey Norman comes-on-and-goes-to-fullback thing EVER AGAIN!

Best win for the boys in a couple seasons. Locky, Kenny and Yow Yeh were outstanding, everyone did their job and more in horrific conditions, this team is going places. Hopefully Gillett's injury isn't major.

How does everyone feel with Copely on the wing now? To be honest our 2-7 are set in stone imo with only Hoffman to come back into the 1 and hopefully Beale to take Hunts bench spot.

draggx said:
How does everyone feel with Copely on the wing now?
Was he tested much?

draggx said:
How does everyone feel with Copely on the wing now? To be honest our 2-7 are set in stone imo with only Hoffman to come back into the 1 and hopefully Beale to take Hunts bench spot.

I'd rather see Beale to wing Hoffman to fullback and replace the extra back on the bench with McGuire

Our best game by far, this side is really playing for each other. Hopefully we can expand our attack to something a little more away from the dummy half running. D was awesome again.

I'm guessing you had to tone down your reply a bit DX lolz

Round 6 - Roosters v Broncos - Post Match Discussion

Browny said:
I'm guessing you had to tone down your reply a bit DX lolz

Haha yep lucky i only had a few drinks.

I don't think mine will get through lol

draggx said:
Patrick says… Today at 10:14 PM

Premierships aint won in April Ponies fans. The Roosters are terrible at the moment, so hard to say if the salary-cap-cheating ponies are the real deal.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl- ... 6040233712

So still people want to say we are cheating the cap?

Who cares what so random idiot has to say on the internet. If you are going to react to every comment ppl make about trhe Broncos you are going to drop dead from a heart attack in a week. [icon_lol1.

Stuff the haters, let them hate we are top of the table and going along better than I can remember. Its only early days yet but something has changed at the Broncos and I like what im seeing icon_thumbs_u

user_nat said:
draggx said:
How does everyone feel with Copely on the wing now?
Was he tested much?

Geez and I thought I was a tough marker.

user, I respect your honesty and realistic stance on the game but I thought Copley deserved some credit tonight. True, his future isn't on the wing but some of his touches suggests that he could make a career out of playing at an NRL level and it was good to see him come back after that nervous performance against the Panthers.

Also happy with Dodds' stats. I thought he was slightly underappreciated last year but respectfully agreed that he needed to involve himself more to cut it as a first grade standard front row. Well judging from the stats. he definitely did just that. Hopefully he keeps it up as a front row pairing of him, Hannant and McGuire could be mouth watering in the future.

Jack Reed also showed some impressive understanding of the game. The Roosters' try was beautifully read by Reed - not so by Copely. Reed jockeyed two players superbly but Copely brought it unstuck by coming in.

In saying that, I believe there is something about Copely. I wrote last year that he has a great body swerve
( I likened it to Brett Kenny's ) and we saw it again last night. He also has size that makes me think he could become a very handy player.
Carlaw also showed that he is very worthy of a bench spot.

Like someone else said, that was the most complete performance for a long while - there was a game against the Bulldogs years ago that gave me the same feeling.
The commitment, mobility and the playing to the conditions was excellent. They all seem to be enjoying what they are doing.

uji said:
All User did was ask a question...

I saw it as a deflection to avoid giving credit where credit was due. Not that I hold anything against user.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jedhead
  • kiwibronco
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.