Round 6 - Titans v Broncos - Post Match Discussion

J

JMG87

BRL Player
Mar 8, 2014
Proud of the defence for most if the game. Attack wise though we play like a bunch of Nancy boys. We have no mongrel in us. What happened to the way we were playing the first few games of the season? Hunt needs help out there. He can't do everything himself

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Another thing, if we aren't going to bother playing Oates, why can't we just chuck Glenn on the bench and move Parker back to lock? He looks lost at prop, whereas last year he was one of the best, if not the best, performing forwards in the game.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
the worst part is we're going to see the same team named on tuesday. thats seriously the worst part of it all for me.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Another thing, if we aren't going to bother playing Oates, why can't we just chuck Glenn on the bench and move Parker back to lock? He looks lost at prop, whereas last year he was one of the best, if not the best, performing forwards in the game.

hook did a direct swap with parker and thaiday. same result

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
His game hasn't changed.

Mitch06

Mitch06

NRL Player
Jan 23, 2014

Wouldn't make that much difference but I think we need to get everything out of Kennedy, he is our highest paid foward and is bench warming!

Last edited:
noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008

anyone that thought prior to the season that "parker moving to prop is just the same as him playing lock" should clearly realise they were wrong.

he's not a #1/#2 run in the set man. he doesnt hit the line. his strength was always the wide running lock with the offload. dont see any of that anymore and now he's just getting more tired than he used to without actually adding anything.

what do manly, storm, rabbits, and roosters do? they have four PROPS and they play them for reasonably equal time, every game (with the main props getting 50ish mins and hte lesser ones 25/30/35). they ROTATE

Marsden63

Marsden63

BRL Player
Jul 5, 2013
What a fucked up ending to what started as a ripper game. Very quick game for first 60 minutes, as per usual we found a way to
lose a game that was ours for the taking. Very disappointing,
I am fucking sick of griffins crappy predictable game plans.
Barba sucked again. Hodges is definitely not ready for 80 minutes.
these fuckers are killing me in my tipping comp.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Just imagine how good Hunt could be if there was someone else to take the pressure off him on the fifth play? Every team knows to throw 4or 5 defenders at Hunt as soon as he gets the ball. Just goes to show how good he is to still be a threat with so much focus on him.

M

Manifesto

QCup Player
Jun 5, 2012
This loss is much more disappointing to me than the Roosters loss. How we managed to lose via two of the most flukiest tries scored against us I will never know. On Hoffman - everything has been said about his incredible crapness already. I am completely over him being 5/8th and we will finish bottom 4 (maybe even bottom two) if he continues as 5/8th. I am a very pessimistic person and my emotion might be getting the better of me currently, but I honestly can see us finishing in the bottom 4.

With the Mead try, I think it was quite unfortunate. I think Hunt's kick was the right play as there was plenty of space at the back and our runners were heading towards the ball. However his execution in the kick was the problem - the space was more to the right of where he kicked it, and unfortunately he kicked it too far left, where Mead was. It was the right play but poor execution.

Brocko

Brocko

NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
Just goes to show how good he is to still be a threat with so much focus on him.

His running game is great, his kicking is at times appalling. That has just as much to do with having a 5/8 that can't kick or pass though. It's unbelievably predictable.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
anyone that thought prior to the season that "parker moving to prop is just the same as him playing lock" should clearly realise they were wrong.

he's not a #1/#2 run in the set man. he doesnt hit the line. his strength was always the wide running lock with the offload. dont see any of that anymore and now he's just getting more tired than he used to without actually adding anything.

what do manly, storm, rabbits, and roosters do? they have four PROPS and they play them for reasonably equal time, every game (with the main props getting 50ish mins and hte lesser ones 25/30/35). they ROTATE

It's like Hook saw that Gallen moving to prop for NSW worked (sort of), and decided that all locks are basically props in disguise. Not having two other big men on the field making meters, particularly at the start of a match, is going to affect the way he plays by default.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Maranta to fullback!

Hoping he gets a run there for the Devils this week so everyone can see why he originally won his Broncos contract.

Copley, Barba and vidot ran the ball back from kicks like three year old girls.

Vidot kept running with three players on him every time so this is wrong.

Did you say Hunt was a positive? He was totally fucked. His rubbish kick set up Meads try. He got caught on the 5th tackle 2 out of the first 3 sets which meant Hoffman fucked the kicks. All he did was bomb every time he got in the 40.

I don't care about his line breaks. He cost us more than he gives us.

Hey guys, look who it is. Hunt was the best player on the field.

I am still angry that all the refs missed that blatant trip from Bailey on Hodges.

That isn't all the missed.

so you want to replace one ball hogging 6 with another one

At least the replacement can kick a ball.

Hodges fullback.

Hodges couldn't catch a ball passed to his stomach but yeah I'm sure he will do better.

I have said this before but in case people missed it i will say it again ... I don't want Hoffman as our 5/8. I just don't see the point in rushing our young halves into first grade before they are ready. especially as i don't see us as a genuine premiership threat this season.

FTR, I am a Hoffman fan, when he plays on the wing/center

just because Hoffman is a terrible option at 5/8 doesn't necessarily mean he isn't our best option.

I wonder if Ayoub told Broncos management that Milford had an iron clad release clause in his contract and that is the reason the allowed Wallace and Prince to leave

He isn't the better option. In fact he would be 4th in line, if that.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Wouldn't make that much difference but I think we need to get everything out of Kennedy, he is our highest paid foward and is bench warming!

He does nothing for the short amount of time he has on the field. He'd more than likely do less with more time on the field.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
we don't look like a top 8 side and never will with hook pulling the strings

Active Now

• Allo
  • Jedhead
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncsgoat
  • Alec
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Lostboy
  • Bucking Beads
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Sproj
  • Robboi_321
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Morkel
  • lynx000
  • peter09
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.