Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Had to be Taggers, been good for Norths, three tries and solid in defence every week. Playing bigger minutes and experienced.

S

Spike

NYC Player
Jan 20, 2017
I put the Broncos in my multi this weekend, however it's fucked now due to the Roosters. Very confident the team will win. With diversity comes courage. Broncos by 12.

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
Well......if our current form is anything to go by we are not a chance in this game, particularly since it is NZ. I must admit tho with Niko out I'm now certainly interested to see how Bird goes at halves.

I'm not expecting a miracle but just a hint of hope or potential to get us through this season.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
No Su’a will just take Gillette’s place and I’m hoping Haas gets put on the bench not Oppa.

Why would we have put Tommy on the bench anyway when we need a center?

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Well......if our current form is anything to go by we are not a chance in this game, particularly since it is NZ. I must admit tho with Niko out I'm now certainly interested to see how Bird goes at halves.

I'm not expecting a miracle but just a hint of hope or potential to get us through this season.

I feel as though if we lose and bird doesn't have a blinder he's gonna get absolutely burned on here

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
I feel as though if we lose and bird doesn't have a blinder he's gonna get absolutely burned on here

Yeah....thats pretty standard.

I don't see Bird as our long term answer in the halves but Niko's size is really being exploited in the defensive line by the opposition and Bird may now be our best option for this year. Its not like we lose much in the kicking department either.

I haven't seen much of Birds passing game but Jimmy is still probably not going to get much quality early ball.

Rico

Rico

QCup Player
Jun 4, 2016
I put the Broncos in my multi this weekend, however it's fucked now due to the Roosters. Very confident the team will win. With diversity comes courage. Broncos by 12.

All about diversity these days [emoji6]

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Don't worry. As a non-supporter of Bird in the halves I will be declaring my intellectual superiority.

He's the 6 million dollar man. That's insta scapegoat status

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014

Why can't we put on plays like this anymore?

During that 2008-2009 period, this was a pet play for Locky, Hunt and Wallace and it paid off regularly. Even if we didn't score a try, it got us on the front foot and we end up scoring most of the time.

Seriously, I don't see why we can't do this anymore.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
How and when did gillet get this injury? Hope it doesn't hinder him forever like Tallis

He got it during the Dragons game when he suffered a crusher tackle.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013

During that 2008-2009 period, this was a pet play for Locky, Hunt and Wallace and it paid off regularly. Even if we didn't score a try, it got us on the front foot and we end up scoring most of the time.

Fairly sure every time we've attempted an inside ball over the past five years it's been called forward even when it wasn't.

J

johnny plath

QCup Player
Jul 16, 2014

It actually shits me that any time a team in the NRL puts on a play like this it gets credited is being like " smith to cronk to slater", like they fucking created it. This shits been in the broncos kit bag for yonks but doesnt rate a mention. Not that it really matters, just another example of the jizz fest and rewrite of history that exists around smith and his cronies. Feel better now.

FGfrom50

FGfrom50

NYC Player
Sep 2, 2015

Imagine Jimmy steaming onto that inside ball. Would be beautiful to watch.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
What do these young halves have to do to get a run? Does Bennett have a daughter left that they could date?

I guess it's only fair we give Bird a crack, with the price we're paying him we'd be doing ourselves a disservice by not at least experimenting with him to find his most valuable position. No better opportunity than this.

I reckon if Dargan had a few more games under his belt he would've got the nod, that injury set him back a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Redfern_1980
  • Lostboy
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • Aldo
  • MasterWright
  • Jazza
  • Sproj
  • Painin the Haas
  • BroncosAlways
  • Dash
  • Santa
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • RolledOates
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.