Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Yeah I’d you scale Kodi up to a normal human height those kicks would be huge.

His kicks actually have a decent shape at times but seriously end up looking like they were kicked by a ten year old. Hunt-esque the way they fart away in the air.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah I noticed Kodi's kicks being pretty weak too. Weakest I've seen from a half in a long time.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
His kicks actually have a decent shape at times but seriously end up looking like they were kicked by a ten year old. Hunt-esque the way they fart away in the air.

Not really, he has shown a tendency to outright miss hit the ball with the side of his boot both this season and last, often resulting it traveling in a completely different direction then he intended and some often went out on the full on as a result, I have seen forwards past and present with better technique. When he has put up the kick successfully he has shown a real lack of intention of where it is being directed and the variation of the kick. He also hasn't been called upon to kick as frequently as Hunt was, only in the last year or so would I say Milford has had to increase his efforts here and that is largely because of the departure of Hunt and Marshall, Milford's kicking has at least shown signs of improvement I give him that.

Kodi's general play kicking problems shown now are the exact same shown last season, if it is true he is injured it may not help, but I don't think it's to blame.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Not really, he has shown a tendency to outright miss hit the ball with the side of his boot both this season and last, often resulting it traveling in a completely different direction then he intended and some often went out on the full on as a result, I have seen forwards past and present with better technique. When he has put up the kick successfully he has shown a real lack of intention of where it is being directed and the variation of the kick. He also hasn't been called upon to kick as frequently as Hunt was, only in the last year or so would I say Milford has had to increase his efforts here and that is largely because of the departure of Hunt and Marshall, Milford's kicking has at least shown signs of improvement I give him that.

Kodi's general play kicking problems shown now are the exact same shown last season, if it is true he is injured it may not help, but I don't think it's to blame.

No one's kicking looks like it has any thought what so ever, except for Macca maybe and often that looks like panic to me. I am saying sometimes (less than 50%) Kodi's kicks look alright until about half way through the trajectory, as in they look like they are going towards the right spot but don't have the power to get there. He sometimes kicks from the right spot, towards the right area, but ***** it up - ala Hunt and his long kicks. Hunt was often forced into the same position, rushed kicks with no discernable destination, just getting it the **** out of there before being rushed.

We don't have a 'tactical' kicking game.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Yeah, but who do we have after Pearson? At least he plays with a bit of heart.
Seve and shibaski ( have no idea how to spell his name). Would love to see allan though. As for legir wingers , no idea

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I don't think Macca's is panic actually, when he kicks its often done with the intent of trying for a 40/20 or a touch finder or looking to turn the opposition around in other words he can read what is happening and trying to adjust, he may not get it done correct every time but of the 3 general main kickers in the side, he is the one kicking with the most intent. Milford has shown some ability to kick with intent, other times it will make you shake your head and you known instantly it was never on, a poor read at best. How frequently has he just kicked it dead over the oppositions try area, too often, he is improving but it's far from ideal. As for Kodi, I see nothing in his kicking game that leaves me with confidence, even Hunt with his flaws was more reliable and he was called upon to do it far more often then Kodi has.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
I don't think Macca's is panic actually, when he kicks its often done with the intent of trying for a 40/20 or a touch finder or looking to turn the opposition around in other words he can read what is happening and trying to adjust, he may not get it done correct every time but of the 3 general main kickers in the side, he is the one kicking with the most intent. Milford has shown some ability to kick with intent, other times it will make you shake your head and you known instantly it was never on, a poor read at best. How frequently has he just kicked it dead over the oppositions try area, too often, he is improving but it's far from ideal. As for Kodi, I see nothing in his kicking game that leaves me with confidence, even Hunt with his flaws was more reliable and he was called upon to do it far more often then Kodi has.

When Macca tries the 40/20 a lot of times suggests panic. Often it is an attempt to wrestle back momentum rather than establish/continue it. He should be kicking more often, and at more strategically oriented times.

I would put Hunt's kicking above Kodi's yes, but that's not saying much to me.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
When Macca tries the 40/20 a lot of times suggests panic. Often it is an attempt to wrestle back momentum rather than establish/continue it. He should be kicking more often, and at more strategically oriented times.

I would put Hunt's kicking above Kodi's yes, but that's not saying much to me.

Except it doesn't suggest panic, that is the job of a dummy half to look for opportunities, it's even job of the halves(just like it is trying to find touch when your forwards are tiring, but try telling that to Milford or Kodi) I agree he could probably do it more often but he isn't doing it out of panic. You want panic? How about when we are on the 5th and the halves aren't calling, positioned or receiving the ball and instead it's left to someone out on the wing or even a forward to try to put in a last ditch effort, that happens too often.

Or when we try grubber after grubber after grubber without considering that a well placed bomb or kick to the wing/centre may provide better results when the opportunity presents itself? Panic comes about putting yourself in positions you shouldn't be, communication can be a massive factor there and that is one area we lack in our spine.

Certainly I agree McCullough could handle more, but he is the one kicker in the side I have the most confidence in to not panic.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Except it doesn't suggest panic, that is the job of a dummy half to look for opportunities, it's even job of the halves(just like it is trying to find touch when your forwards are tiring, but try telling that to Milford or Kodi) I agree he could probably do it more often but he isn't doing it out of panic. You want panic? How about when we are on the 5th and the halves aren't calling or receiving the ball and instead it's left to someone out on the wing or even a forward to try to put in a last ditch effort, that happens too often. Or when we try grubber after grubber after grubber without considering that a well placed bomb or kick to the wing/centre may provide better results when the opportunity presents itself?

Alright, you agree he could do it more often, which is my point. From what I've noticed, he goes long periods of time without any input, and then out of the blue a decent kick which we could have used a set or two earlier. He has serious game vision problems. Agreed about the halves kicking though.

(Macca could try getting Milf the ball when/where he wants it on the reg for a change, too. Notice that?)

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Alright, you agree he could do it more often, which is my point. From what I've noticed, he goes long periods of time without any input, and then out of the blue a decent kick which we could have used a set or two earlier. He has serious game vision problems. Agreed about the halves kicking though.

(Macca could try getting Milf the ball when/where he wants it on the reg for a change, too. Notice that?)

Don't get me wrong Holdzy89, I'm not saying McCullough isn't without his faults, he certainly can contribute more there I agree with you there, I just don't see it a product of panic, if he is guilty of anything it's probably not looking for more opportunities, panic would suggest that he is doing it without any thought or intention the process just hoping for the best, but that isn't the case, it may not get the result he wants, but he shows the intent. And yes he can get it out to Milford more but it's also a two way street, playmakers need to be communicating what they want and when they want it and I just see a serious lack there.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Don't get me wrong Holdzy89, I'm not saying McCullough isn't without his faults, he certainly can contribute more there I agree with you there, I just don't see it a product of panic, if he is guilty of anything it's probably not looking for more opportunities, panic would suggest that he is doing it without any thought or intention the process just hoping for the best, but that isn't the case, it may not get the result he wants, but he shows the intent. And yes he can get it out to Milford more but it's also a two way street, playmakers need to be communicating what they want and when they want it and I just see a serious lack there.

Agreed. My comment about panic was more about my perception that his kicks sometimes come a few sets later than would be ideal imo. Often when we are on the back foot. Get out of trouble kicks, as it were. But Milf and Kodi should be determining that, and he is often cleaning up for them.

On the other hand, there are times Milf is screaming for it, and Macca goes the other way. I don't get it.

T

tajhay

NYC Player
Oct 10, 2013
As a warriors fan, its quite depressing seeing the mood on here. Well acquainted with that ( past 6 years)...chin up guys and hope its another cracker of a match between our sides with the better side winning...maybe something like this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Galah
  • Waynesaurus
  • Totally Unr3al
  • teampjta
  • Allo
  • upthebroncs
  • Howie
  • Dexter
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Bucking Beads
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Old Mate
  • Brocko
  • Fozz
  • Lostboy
  • Xzei
  • bb_gun
  • Jazza
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.