10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Agreed. My comment about panic was more about my perception that his kicks sometimes come a few sets later than would be ideal imo. Often when we are on the back foot. Get out of trouble kicks, as it were. But Milf and Kodi should be determining that, and he is often cleaning up for them.

On the other hand, there are times Milf is screaming for it, and Macca goes the other way. I don't get it.

I reckon if kodi ends up with the ball on the last he's probably better off booting it low over the sideline but still try to get as much territory as possible. At least everyone can then have a breather, reset and defend hard again. Better than panic stations when he kicks it 30 metres straight to the full back

Andrew Gee

Andrew Gee

Apr 10, 2018
Donkeys are going to get raped here. Milf is going to do SFA again...he’s not worth a quarter of his pay.

Warriors by as much as Jake the Muss thinks is fair.

Last edited by a moderator:
Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Just win ffs also would like to see some heart and mongrel

Reactions: Dee
winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Just don't get flogged or injured ffs

Reactions: Dee
Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Seve and shibaski ( have no idea how to spell his name). Would love to see allan though. As for legir wingers , no idea

Seve i just dont know about. He appears to have decent stats in ISC, probably better than Opacic or Shibasaki tbf in terms of output, but he gets nowhere near the team even if we have a few out. There must be something in his game that Wayne just doesnt trust.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Seve i just dont know about. He appears to have decent stats in ISC, probably better than Opacic or Shibasaki tbf in terms of output, but he gets nowhere near the team even if we have a few out. There must be something in his game that Wayne just doesnt trust.

Defense probably

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013

Right at the start, shows Moses going off at his forward not getting up quickly. Yes, he sounds like a pre-pubescent teen but I love the energy and would love to see someone shout that at Milf or Boyd when they are having a picnic while shaking their head.

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
Just read that Niko is actually under injury. Bird to halves and Opacic to Centre. I’m hoping that’s the case tbh.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Just read that Niko is actually under injury. Bird to halves and Opacic to Centre. I’m hoping that’s the case tbh.

Possible. I'm more interested to see if that would bring Dargan into the team

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
731dec1378186ae7fe60b20ea94aa2d0

Jack Bird could move to halfback with Kodi Nikorima in doubt for Brisbane’s clash with New Zealand

Peter Badel, The Daily Telegraph
11/04/2018

BIG-MONEY Broncos recruit Jack Bird is on standby in the halves for Kodi Nikorima with the pint-sized halfback in doubt for this Saturday night’s road trip to face the Warriors.

Nikorima suffered a corked thigh in last week’s 15-10 loss to Newcastle, forcing the Kiwi Test utility to play a reduced role at Wednesday’s training session at Red Hill.

Nikorima started late and finished the session early, opening the door for Bird to slot in the halves alongside Milford as pressure builds on the Broncos to snap a two-game losing streak against the unbeaten Warriors.

Bird appeared to relish his role at the scrumbase at training, speaking with teammates about which plays to run as he stationed himself on the right edge inside lethal centre James Roberts.

The $800,000 import has copped heavy criticism for his weight and his below-par performances in the opening weeks, but a move closer to the ball could spark Bird into action.

Veteran forward Sam Thaiday hopes Nikorima will be cleared to play, but backed Bird to succeed if required in the Broncos’ halves.

“He went all right (at five-eighth) today with a question mark over Kodi this week,” Thaiday said.

“It’s good to have a player like Jack. He is a very different player to Kodi, he looks like he has all the time in the world, he looked like he was enjoying himself and having fun and that’s what we want him to do.

“That (closer to the action) is where he is most dangerous, we haven’t used him up as much as we could. He is still a bit hesitant most probably within our team and our structures at the moment.

“With Birdy, the more you push, the more he shows you what he has got. He has showed that in the past and if he gets his chance (at five-eighth), he will do the job there.

“I’m sure even if he plays in the centres, he will want to show everyone he is a good player.

“If he gets his hands on the ball, it would be good to see what he can do.”

Asked if Nikorima will play, Thaiday said: “He was out there running around this morning.

“He has a corked left thigh, corks are a weird and funny thing, he is trying to run it out at the moment.

“He will train with us Friday and if he gets through that session, he will be more than OK to play.”

Thaiday said the Broncos are wary of a Warriors club that has benefited from the departure of several former Brisbane identities.

Warriors coach Steve Kearney was an assistant to Wayne Bennett, prop Adam Blair helped the Broncos to the 2015 grand final and former conditioner Alex Corvo has been credited with making Warriors players fitter.

“Alex Corvo has brought them the next level of fitness,” Thaiday said.

“Steve Kearney has always been a fantastic coach and it’s good to see he has put a couple of years there in now and ‘Blairy’ brings a real training professionalism and a real hard edge out there on the field.

“Rugby league is always a better game when the Warriors are playing well.

“With us, we have our own internal meetings and there’s no panic buttons being pushed at all. We have to continue to work hard and hopefully the wins will come.”

Source: Courier Mail

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I don't like the sound of that...

Bird was at best a decent 5/8. But a halfback he is not. It's not going to go well.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Jack Bird could move to halfback with Kodi Nikorima in doubt for Brisbane’s clash with New Zealand

Peter Badel, The Daily Telegraph
11/04/2018

BIG-MONEY Broncos recruit Jack Bird is on standby in the halves for Kodi Nikorima with the pint-sized halfback in doubt for this Saturday night’s road trip to face the Warriors.

Nikorima suffered a corked thigh in last week’s 15-10 loss to Newcastle, forcing the Kiwi Test utility to play a reduced role at Wednesday’s training session at Red Hill.

Nikorima started late and finished the session early, opening the door for Bird to slot in the halves alongside Milford as pressure builds on the Broncos to snap a two-game losing streak against the unbeaten Warriors.

Bird appeared to relish his role at the scrumbase at training, speaking with teammates about which plays to run as he stationed himself on the right edge inside lethal centre James Roberts.

The $800,000 import has copped heavy criticism for his weight and his below-par performances in the opening weeks, but a move closer to the ball could spark Bird into action.

Veteran forward Sam Thaiday hopes Nikorima will be cleared to play, but backed Bird to succeed if required in the Broncos’ halves.

“He went all right (at five-eighth) today with a question mark over Kodi this week,” Thaiday said.

“It’s good to have a player like Jack. He is a very different player to Kodi, he looks like he has all the time in the world, he looked like he was enjoying himself and having fun and that’s what we want him to do.

“That (closer to the action) is where he is most dangerous, we haven’t used him up as much as we could. He is still a bit hesitant most probably within our team and our structures at the moment.

“With Birdy, the more you push, the more he shows you what he has got. He has showed that in the past and if he gets his chance (at five-eighth), he will do the job there.

“I’m sure even if he plays in the centres, he will want to show everyone he is a good player.

“If he gets his hands on the ball, it would be good to see what he can do.”

Asked if Nikorima will play, Thaiday said: “He was out there running around this morning.

“He has a corked left thigh, corks are a weird and funny thing, he is trying to run it out at the moment.

“He will train with us Friday and if he gets through that session, he will be more than OK to play.”

Thaiday said the Broncos are wary of a Warriors club that has benefited from the departure of several former Brisbane identities.

Warriors coach Steve Kearney was an assistant to Wayne Bennett, prop Adam Blair helped the Broncos to the 2015 grand final and former conditioner Alex Corvo has been credited with making Warriors players fitter.

“Alex Corvo has brought them the next level of fitness,” Thaiday said.

“Steve Kearney has always been a fantastic coach and it’s good to see he has put a couple of years there in now and ‘Blairy’ brings a real training professionalism and a real hard edge out there on the field.

“Rugby league is always a better game when the Warriors are playing well.

“With us, we have our own internal meetings and there’s no panic buttons being pushed at all. We have to continue to work hard and hopefully the wins will come.”

Source: Courier Mail

Gonna be interesting if this happens. But with a new combination in the halves then I'm guess this week isn't about winning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncosFan_Corey
  • Brocko
  • Harry Sack
  • Cavalo
  • Shane Tronc
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Dexter
  • broncos4life
  • KickHaas
  • Wolfie
  • Howie
  • Browny
  • Fozz
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Galah
  • Jedhead
  • GCBRONCO
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Allo
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.