10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Hmmm Bird was good for NSW when he went on for Pearce last year...

Edit: lol 800k/ a year quoted by the Cmail. Another week another Bird salary figure?

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Wow, Kyall was right again!

Broncos Maestro

Broncos Maestro

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
Hmmm Bird was good for NSW when he went on for Pearce last year...

Edit: lol 800k/ a year quoted by the Cmail. Another week another Bird salary figure?
Wait a minute. I heard he was on $2 million after factoring in free food, TPDs, share of Manly’s salary cap etc etc

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
As a warriors fan, its quite depressing seeing the mood on here. Well acquainted with that ( past 6 years)...chin up guys and hope its another cracker of a match between our sides with the better side winning...maybe something like this

Are you prepared to make a forum logo bet? :wave:

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
I don't like the sound of that...

Bird was at best a decent 5/8. But a halfback he is not. It's not going to go well.
It couldn't be any worse than the current situation. In fact, it will probably be noticably better. It could even kickstart the season.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I don't like the sound of that...

Bird was at best a decent 5/8. But a halfback he is not. It's not going to go well.

Sounds like Milf would be the halfback with Bird the 5/8

PerthBrissy987

PerthBrissy987

NRL Player
Dec 8, 2016
Wish Wayne would just chuck Dargan in at Hb or even put him on the bench

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
If Kodi is out, Dargan will come on to the bench at least you would think.

He probably wont. We will just replace Kodi with Bird and drop Tommy in at center.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Wish Wayne would just chuck Dargan in at Hb or even put him on the bench

Agreed, but probably not smart to do in NZ against the form team in the comp. Give him a taste of FG off the bench.

roo-ted

roo-ted

NRL Player
Oct 8, 2017
Jack Bird could move to halfback with Kodi Nikorima in doubt for Brisbane’s clash with New Zealand

Peter Badel, The Daily Telegraph
11/04/2018

BIG-MONEY Broncos recruit Jack Bird is on standby in the halves for Kodi Nikorima with the pint-sized halfback in doubt for this Saturday night’s road trip to face the Warriors.

Nikorima suffered a corked thigh in last week’s 15-10 loss to Newcastle, forcing the Kiwi Test utility to play a reduced role at Wednesday’s training session at Red Hill.

Nikorima started late and finished the session early, opening the door for Bird to slot in the halves alongside Milford as pressure builds on the Broncos to snap a two-game losing streak against the unbeaten Warriors.

Bird appeared to relish his role at the scrumbase at training, speaking with teammates about which plays to run as he stationed himself on the right edge inside lethal centre James Roberts.

The $800,000 import has copped heavy criticism for his weight and his below-par performances in the opening weeks, but a move closer to the ball could spark Bird into action.

Veteran forward Sam Thaiday hopes Nikorima will be cleared to play, but backed Bird to succeed if required in the Broncos’ halves.

“He went all right (at five-eighth) today with a question mark over Kodi this week,” Thaiday said.

“It’s good to have a player like Jack. He is a very different player to Kodi, he looks like he has all the time in the world, he looked like he was enjoying himself and having fun and that’s what we want him to do.

“That (closer to the action) is where he is most dangerous, we haven’t used him up as much as we could. He is still a bit hesitant most probably within our team and our structures at the moment.

“With Birdy, the more you push, the more he shows you what he has got. He has showed that in the past and if he gets his chance (at five-eighth), he will do the job there.

“I’m sure even if he plays in the centres, he will want to show everyone he is a good player.

“If he gets his hands on the ball, it would be good to see what he can do.”

Asked if Nikorima will play, Thaiday said: “He was out there running around this morning.

“He has a corked left thigh, corks are a weird and funny thing, he is trying to run it out at the moment.

“He will train with us Friday and if he gets through that session, he will be more than OK to play.”

Thaiday said the Broncos are wary of a Warriors club that has benefited from the departure of several former Brisbane identities.

Warriors coach Steve Kearney was an assistant to Wayne Bennett, prop Adam Blair helped the Broncos to the 2015 grand final and former conditioner Alex Corvo has been credited with making Warriors players fitter.

“Alex Corvo has brought them the next level of fitness,” Thaiday said.

“Steve Kearney has always been a fantastic coach and it’s good to see he has put a couple of years there in now and ‘Blairy’ brings a real training professionalism and a real hard edge out there on the field.

“Rugby league is always a better game when the Warriors are playing well.

“With us, we have our own internal meetings and there’s no panic buttons being pushed at all. We have to continue to work hard and hopefully the wins will come.”

Source: Courier Mail
If Bird has a blinder it would be a good excuse to drop Kodi to the bench. Awesome news! I'm actually excited for this game now! Come on Birdy light them up and force a change

T

tajhay

NYC Player
Oct 10, 2013
Are you prepared to make a forum logo bet? :wave:
Sure one week? Please specify the area/dimensions :)

All pages yeah?

Need it all spelt out in writing...i know bronco fans are a dodgy bunch ;) j/k

Are your fans ready to have nzwarriors.com logo on here? Might deflate them even more ;)

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Well we got one overweight 5/8th, guess we can have another at halfback as well.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Bird at 5/8ths doesn't fix much IMO. I guess Bird is more talented, but that's about it.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Bird at 5/8ths doesn't fix much IMO. I guess Bird is more talented, but that's about it.

It's another ballrunner in the halves, doesn't really address anything. I would have rather taken a chance on blooding someone more suitable in the lower grades if only at least to give them a taste of first grade. I'm hoping this is just a smokescreen for it, but I won't hold my breathe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Broncs1459
  • Dexter
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.