10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Feel a bit sorry for Niko here. He is been thrown under the bus big time at the moment. There are alot more highly paid players who i would be singling out before Kodi especially in the forwards. It not like our forwards have been dominating the **** out of teams and our halves are the only ones who keep fucking it up. Collectively as a whole team we have been shit house. Its a team problem not just a half problem.

Absolutely agree that Kodi is doing fine considering his price tag but he also happens to be, through no fault of his own, in one of the positions in which the right change could have he biggest impact in this team.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Happy to see bird get a run in the halves. Kodi has gone completely missing this season and if Molf plays as a halfback in any regard and Bird runs hard and has a high work rate, we’ve improved for it.

Part of me is hoping that bird to the halves is a smoke screen to take pressure if Dargan’s last minute inclusion.

This. If Kodi is indeed "injured" I can see Dargan getting the 14 and coming off the bench.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Kodi is juat unlucky thag his partner is Milford. He needs a partner like Cronk. Same as Milford, he needs a Cronk too.

Though Kodi has been poor even as a 5/8ths though. Hiding in the centres in attack, kicking 30 metres at best, defending like crap.

roo-ted

roo-ted

NRL Player
Oct 8, 2017
Birds going to be more likely to make some tackle busts or offloads. He's a lot stronger then Kodi and shouldn't get rag dolled around. Hopefully the Jet will be sniffing around close to the line when Bird has ball in hand

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Feel a bit sorry for Niko here. He is been thrown under the bus big time at the moment. There are alot more highly paid players who i would be singling out before Kodi especially in the forwards. It not like our forwards have been dominating the **** out of teams and our halves are the only ones who keep fucking it up. Collectively as a whole team we have been shit house. Its a team problem not just a half problem.

I backed Kodi last year and at the start of the season, but he's been pretty awful. His kicking game has gone nowhere, and he looks worse this season in terms of running and using his second rowers with short balls, which I thought was his best asset last year playing HB.

Melbourne pulled the trigger on dropping Croft, and he's more crucial to their setup in the years to come/ this season and has far more promise as a half than Kodi.

Wild Horse

Wild Horse

NRL Player
Jan 26, 2017
I
I backed Kodi last year and at the start of the season, but he's been pretty awful. His kicking game has gone nowhere, and he looks worse this season in terms of running and using his second rowers with short balls, which I thought was his best asset last year playing HB.

Melbourne pulled the trigger on dropping Croft, and he's more crucial to their setup in the years to come/ this season and has far more promise as a half than Kodi.
I honestly wonder what Bellamy thinks about Bennetts coaching and the crap that is going down at the Broncos.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I
I honestly wonder what Bellamy thinks about Bennetts coaching and the crap that is going down at the Broncos.

I think Bellamy is more concerned about his own team’s start to the season than worrying about others.

I think it’s amazing that the Storm are in a surreally similar situation to us, and yet they’re copping very little for it. The whole team is mis-firing, having trouble adjusting to the new season, yet the halves copping the bulk of the blame. Will Bellamy cop it if Croft II is just an ineffective, as I suspect he may be? And how will this effect Croft I’s career, dropped for a situation that is largely not his fault?

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I

Why would Bellamy give a fook about the broncos?

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Sure one week? Please specify the area/dimensions :)

All pages yeah?

Need it all spelt out in writing...i know bronco fans are a dodgy bunch ;) j/k

Are your fans ready to have nzwarriors.com logo on here? Might deflate them even more ;)
We've done it for Manly games. I know which one I'd prefer! :p

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
I
Who gives a **** what Bellamy thinks? He's an angry old man whose main success has come from cheating the system. This wanker is vastly overrated on here.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
I think Bellamy is more concerned about his own team’s start to the season than worrying about others.

I think it’s amazing that the Storm are in a surreally similar situation to us, and yet they’re copping very little for it. The whole team is mis-firing, having trouble adjusting to the new season, yet the halves copping the bulk of the blame. Will Bellamy cop it if Croft II is just an ineffective, as I suspect he may be? And how will this effect Croft I’s career, dropped for a situation that is largely not his fault?

They didn't sign Lodge. Bellamy is also an ornament to the game having reached 400 games on the weekend.

2ndPhase

2ndPhase

QCup Player
May 1, 2016
Nothing to lose.

Bird goes to six and can’t possibly perform worse than Knic in attack but will sure up the defence. He might even offer more options in attack with the ability to play more direct with his size.

Tom into centre where he can’t really have any less impact than bird has been having. Birds is a better defensive option at centre. However I think Toms defence has been ok but I know some here question it.

Final analysis is there is more upside than downside with the move. Especially because we are playing the warriors who I think will have otherwise targeted Knic at 6.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I

What a odd thing to say.

Why would he care? Why would he even think about that?

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Nothing to lose.

Bird goes to six and can’t possibly perform worse than Knic in attack but will sure up the defence. He might even offer more options in attack with the ability to play more direct with his size.

Tom into centre where he can’t really have any less impact than bird has been having. Birds is a better defensive option at centre. However I think Toms defence has been ok but I know some here question it.

Final analysis is there is more upside than downside with the move. Especially because we are playing the warriors who I think will have otherwise targeted Knic at 6.

I think Tom's defence is about the last thing people question tbf.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I don’t like Bird in the halves. Even from an organising perspective, you still need to have a bit of footwork and subtlety to your game in order to engage the defence, and for mine Bird is flat out running in a straight line at the moment. I can’t see much creativity to his game so early in his injury comeback.

My only hope is that our forward pack take the Titans’ loss as personally as that against the Dragons. Our best chance is if they play as a pack, swarm in early in defence to stop the runners before they have momentum, and go brutal and hard in their running game.

The refs clearly have TPJ PTB written on their tip cheats, he’s still young but that’s twice late in games he’s conceded a penalty with the ball at a crucial time. Last week it killed off arguably our best attacking chance to win it at the death.

2ndPhase

2ndPhase

QCup Player
May 1, 2016
I don’t like Bird in the halves. Even from an organising perspective, you still need to have a bit of footwork and subtlety to your game in order to engage the defence, and for mine Bird is flat out running in a straight line at the moment. I can’t see much creativity to his game so early in his injury comeback.

My only hope is that our forward pack take the Titans’ loss as personally as that against the Dragons. Our best chance is if they play as a pack, swarm in early in defence to stop the runners before they have momentum, and go brutal and hard in their running game.

The refs clearly have TPJ PTB written on their tip cheats, he’s still young but that’s twice late in games he’s conceded a penalty with the ball at a crucial time. Last week it killed off arguably our best attacking chance to win it at the death.

My preference isn’t for Bird in the halves. But the question for me is will he be a better option this week then Knic?

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014

The call against him last week was utter bullshit though and most definitely cost us the game.

He does need to be a bit more careful though, because he seems to be building a rep for himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• eggstar10
  • Shane Tronc
  • Jedhead
  • broncsgoat
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.