PRE-GAME Round 6 - Warriors vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haas the only Seagull not to miss a tackle in a 40-6 pile on.

106 tackles now in five games for one miss- His defence has me intrigued. Such a big unit and covers the ground. I'd love to see him start and see if that makes a difference. He's averaging 50 minutes at the moment off the bench and comes on after 20.

Four off-loads too which is his most in a game so far.

Wynnum had three players gain over 100m Frei, Carrigan and Haas. Carrigan I already spoke about a couple of days ago but two rookies doing a lot of work.

Carrigan 124m, two tackle breaks, 25 tackles and two misses.

Pearson 174m and eight tackle breaks.

Dargan- 4 runs, 40m, 1 try assist, 1 line break assist, five tackles and 0 missed.
Taggers- 1 try, 129m, 11 runs, 1 line break, three tackle breaks, 1 offload, 19 tackles and one miss.

Scarlett- 1 try assist, 1 line break, 1 tackle break.
Fai- 102m in 10 runs and 2 tackle breaks.

If Bird has a blinder it would be a good excuse to drop Kodi to the bench. Awesome news! I'm actually excited for this game now! Come on Birdy light them up and force a change
Hope he goes well! He's barely seen the ball the last couple of games so hopefully has more of an impact this weekend. Even though he has a similar skill set to Kodi being a ball-running 5/8, I'd rather he stay there and put Oppa in the centres with Kodi playing 14. Hopefully Kodi could recapture some form coming off the bench without the pressure of being in the halves.

Any
Just show some heart and mongrel FFS

Doesn't have the same ring to it, does it?
I think it has a nice ring to it though. And after all, as Thaiday sez: its not about winning anyway.

What a crock of shit.

Show some heart and mongrel FFS! And most important of all... win the game. Very important to win the game IMO.

Reactions: Dee
Any

I think it has a nice ring to it though. And after all, as Thaiday sez: its not about winning anyway.

What a crock of shit.

Show some heart and mongrel FFS! And most important of all... win the game. Very important to win the game IMO.

I'm not sure why there is such a huge issue with what Thaiday said.

A lot of teams have that attitude when they are going through a bad patch and coming off a loss.

The goal is to improve in the areas they were lacking and build on it. Improving each week and it will all sort itself out and wins will come.

We wouldn't be the first club to have that attitude.

Hope he goes well! He's barely seen the ball the last couple of games so hopefully has more of an impact this weekend. Even though he has a similar skill set to Kodi being a ball-running 5/8, I'd rather he stay there and put Oppa in the centres with Kodi playing 14. Hopefully Kodi could recapture some form coming off the bench without the pressure of being in the halves.

Kodi is and always will be an impact player. He should embrace it and own it.

A lot of teams have that attitude when they are going through a bad patch and coming off a loss.

Their goal is to improve in the areas they were lacking. Improving each week and it will all sort itself out and wins will come.

Yeah, I get it. But, I think I'd prefer Sammy to be filthy with consequtive losses to teams we should be (bread and butter) beating.

I'd prefer a: (it's just no good enough) type of statment from Sammy at this stage.

Using bird as a half? Dark days

Wonder if Knik is legit hurt or Wayne doesn’t want to lose face.

It's another ballrunner in the halves, doesn't really address anything. I would have rather taken a chance on blooding someone more suitable in the lower grades if only at least to give them a taste of first grade. I'm hoping this is just a smokescreen for it, but I won't hold my breathe.
Not a defensive speed hump though.

Using bird as a half? Dark days

Wonder if Knik is legit hurt or Wayne doesn’t want to lose face.
Niko defending against the Warriors could be absolute carnage and I think Wayne knows it.

I actually like this. Bird strikes me as someone who won't be scared to push his team around and get them off the arses if needed. As someone else has said, this could be the catalyst we need to get our season back on track.

Niko defending against the Warriors could be absolute carnage and I think Wayne knows it.

I actually like this. Bird strikes me as someone who won't be scared to push his team around and get them off the arses if needed. As someone else has said, this could be the catalyst we need to get our season back on track.

Definitely not against trying something new, last 5 rounds watching Knik has been painful. Looking forward too seeing something different (while obviously not permanent, birds not a half)

I’m just legit sceptical of whether kodi is actually injured enough to be benched or it’s a welcoming convenience for Wayne to not look to be backpedaling.

Happy to see bird get a run in the halves. Kodi has gone completely missing this season and if Molf plays as a halfback in any regard and Bird runs hard and has a high work rate, we’ve improved for it.

Part of me is hoping that bird to the halves is a smoke screen to take pressure if Dargan’s last minute inclusion.

It's another ballrunner in the halves, doesn't really address anything. I would have rather taken a chance on blooding someone more suitable in the lower grades if only at least to give them a taste of first grade. I'm hoping this is just a smokescreen for it, but I won't hold my breathe.
I don't think we can do that at the moment. The team is struggling to play as a cohesive unit as it stands let alone throwing in a rookie half 2 games back from injury.

The role of halfback in the team seems a little unknown... to me it would appear the team is set up with the intention of Milf being the 7 (albeit in the 6) so in that sense Bird would be a good substitute for Kodi.

I'd want to see Dargan getting through full games of ISC and running the team down there before chucking him into first grade.

I don't think we can do that at the moment. The team is struggling to play as a cohesive unit as it stands let alone throwing in a rookie half 2 games back from injury.

The role of halfback in the team seems a little unknown... to me it would appear the team is set up with the intention of Milf being the 7 (albeit in the 6) so in that sense Bird would be a good substitute for Kodi.

I'd want to see Dargan getting through full games of ISC and running the team down there before chucking him into first grade.
It's not Bennett's style anyways, he very rarely throws a first gamer into a spine position. He has always looked within when it comes to injury cover or positional changes.

Feel a bit sorry for Niko here. He is been thrown under the bus big time at the moment. There are alot more highly paid players who i would be singling out before Kodi especially in the forwards. It not like our forwards have been dominating the **** out of teams and our halves are the only ones who keep fucking it up. Collectively as a whole team we have been shit house. Its a team problem not just a half problem.

The goal is to improve in the areas they were lacking and build on it. Improving each week and it will all sort itself out and wins will come.

Because of the way he worded it, it's that simple.

"Look it's a shame we didn't get the win, but we took a big step tonight after last weeks performance so that's something. We'll learn from the game tonight and hopefully go one better next week in NZ"

Something like that gets his point across far better than what he said and gives absolutely no ammo to the media. They had a field day with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• mrslong
  • RodF
  • Brocko
  • heartly87
  • Harry Sack
  • broncos4life
  • Yellowfella
  • ostin86
  • Manofoneway
  • Aldo
  • Allo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  • Galah
  • FACTHUNT
  • thenry
  • Manlyman
  • Tim K
  • TonyTheJugoslav
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.