Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
You could but I think defensively that might be too much chopping and changing.

Defending on the wing he'd be back with Mead on kick returns, but defending in the centers is a whole different type of ball game... not to mention that Cobbo would be shifted to the left and having to learn how to defend in the centers, whilst also thinking about his fullback play.

It would also be disruptive to Herbie and that left side defensive combination.

I agree but in my teamlist for this week, this is why I had Hoeter at 4 and Herbie at 5.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
If Cobbo is the choice then it’s a shame we are wasting precious training sessions not working on his fullback play.

The only thing I can think of is Cobbo has said that he doesn’t want to do it. Or maybe Kev is just being proactive incase Cobbo fails or is injured. Maybe he’s just trolling the bulldogs.

As McHunt said though, he’ll live or die by this decision and won’t be forgiven for a loss to the dogs.
Maybe he was training there for half the session but the reporter is deciding to ignore that... or maybe Kev is just looking at all his options before making a call.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I agree but in my teamlist for this week, this is why I had Hoeter at 4 and Herbie at 5.
I think it's just a bit harsh on Herbie when that left side has pretty well been clicking all year... seems disruptive to negatively impact one area of the field to possibly improve another.

What would help is if we had a player capable of playing wing and fullback... like a Jesse Arthars or Isaako maybe

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
He at least deserves the opportunity, especially when the alternative is Martin.

I'd much rather pick the best candidate than tank a position because we're worried about a player's long term future who may or may not come good.

It's not like we're talking about Jye Grey.
Without knowing for sure, it looks and sounds like he doesn't want that opportunity yet himself. Smart by him tbh....

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
On the hatchet man, how many weeks are we expecting Flegs to be suspended for and at what minute will it occur?
He’ll get 6 weeks for what Cleary did on Friday night. We’ll think he’s fine, but he’ll do it with 2 minutes to go in the match.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
So It's either
A bloke who was has played something like 7 games in 3 years after being medically retired and hasn't really found his feet in Cup yet playing in the halves.
A young kid who is still finding his feet in first grade on the wing and confidence would be a big thing for him.
Or a bloke who's one of our best week in week out, probably the fittest back in the team but hasn't played fullback since probably under 16s/17s.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Game one 17- they stuck with Boyd when Slater was coming back from injury.
ah ok , he wasn't 100% though was he and we still won the series.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
He’d been back fro 2 months tearing it up at the storm as always. Boyd was dropped for Slater after losing game 1.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
Pretty sure Slater was killing it he returned in round 3. Boyd was the incumbent and Queensland's player of the year the series before.
I remember Kevvie breaking down in the team announcement over the selection I don't think it was 100% his decision.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013

He'd played 10 games leading up to game one but hadn't played much at all in 2016 and 2015 with his shoulder. Boyd took over in 16 had been great they stuck with him for game one.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
So It's either
A bloke who was has played something like 7 games in 3 years after being medically retired and hasn't really found his feet in Cup yet playing in the halves.
A young kid who is still finding his feet in first grade on the wing and confidence would be a big thing for him.
Or a bloke who's one of our best week in week out, probably the fittest back in the team but hasn't played fullback since probably under 16s/17s.

Welcome to the Broncos circa 2019-present day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Battler
  • Aldo
  • Big Del
  • johnny plath
  • Turks85
  • Bucking Beads
  • Galah
  • Lostboy
  • Socnorb
  • Organix
  • Xzei
  • Waynesaurus
  • RolledOates
  • Yem
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mick_Hancock
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.