10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
You would think the smallest change to team cohesion (which is finally starting to build) is to stick with Hoeter on the wing (is he a winger too?) and Cobbo to FB. If Hoeter's no winger, then bring in Pereira - he was solid in the trials and will certainly give us a one-two punch coming out of trouble with Oates.

TMM doesn't fit into the puzzle at the moment. Surely Kev and his journalist mate are foxing. Perhaps TMM was running as fullback in the "opposing" team? It's not technically a lie...

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
You would think the smallest change to team cohesion (which is finally starting to build) is to stick with Hoeter on the wing (is he a winger too?) and Cobbo to FB. If Hoeter's no winger, then bring in Pereira - he was solid in the trials and will certainly give us a one-two punch coming out of trouble with Oates.

TMM doesn't fit into the puzzle at the moment. Surely Kev and his journalist mate are foxing. Perhaps TMM was running as fullback in the "opposing" team? It's not technically a lie...
No I wouldn’t be keeping Hoeter on the wing he was caught out of position a few times on the wing. Plus he has been pretty much just a centre for as far back as I can remember of him. Someone else might want to comment but I think he is pretty strictly a centre. Regardless of what any of you think on TMM I am pretty sure Kev isn’t stupid enough to waste one of our 4 training sessions (3 and cap run) with TMM if we have a rookie favourite to start at fullback.

This isn’t necessarily what I think but Kev will do this based off what we have heard and seen this week and season:

1. Te Maire Martin
2. Corey Oates
3. Kotoni Staggs
4. Herbie Farnworth
5. Selwyn Cobbo
6. Billy Walters
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Payne Haas
9. Jake Turpin (Probably last chance)
10. Keenan Palasia
11. Jordan Riki
12. Kurt Capewell
13. Kobe Hetherington
14. Cory Paix
15. Corey Jensen
16. Tom Flegler
17. Ryan James (sadly Kev loves him)

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
Paging @Santa
I may understand having slight doubts about our chances to win the premiership, but doubting our chances in making the 8 is just blasphemy.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Now that the tigers beat the eels this bulldogs game is a must win for the broncos.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
We all really shouldn't be feeling so pessimistic after a couple of rather good performances the past 2 weeks. Geez the club has a lot to turn around...

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
We all really shouldn't be feeling so pessimistic after a couple of rather good performances the past 2 weeks. Geez the club has a lot to turn around...

I'm not? I'm tipping us for the first time since Round 2.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
TMM? Christ… Kevvie just keeps racking up the stupid calls. I don’t care how not ready Cobbo is for fb, he’s more ready than a guy who has barely played for 3 yrs, let alone played fb. This is not unlike the K.Hunt selection from last year.

Ikin can share in the blame too, we all saw releasing Isaako coming back to bite us and here we are.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013

The problem is, our team is not consistent. Two decent performances will likely be followed up by an off game due to our kids likely thinking all they need to do is show up because that is what the media says against the Dogs.

simplythebest

simplythebest

NRL Player
May 22, 2014
nice one ... i didn't hear about this happening.

I knew he is in the second year of his initial 2 year contract, and he extended for an additional 12 months making his term 3 years total.

IMO, year 3 is the make or break year (unless exceptional circumstances, like Seibold for instance). it doesn't really matter the club, i firmly believe that all coaches should get 3 years to fix things, if they can't then you move them on. remembering that if the previous coach has been sacked, then it's highly likely things aren't in great shape anyway
Ah yep - I think I fucked up but did actually know Kev has 22 and 23 locked in. I can’t see them sacking him before next season, but never know I guess.

Emanon

Emanon

QCup Player
Apr 26, 2021
No I wouldn’t be keeping Hoeter on the wing he was caught out of position a few times on the wing. Plus he has been pretty much just a centre for as far back as I can remember of him. Someone else might want to comment but I think he is pretty strictly a centre. Regardless of what any of you think on TMM I am pretty sure Kev isn’t stupid enough to waste one of our 4 training sessions (3 and cap run) with TMM if we have a rookie favourite to start at fullback.

This isn’t necessarily what I think but Kev will do this based off what we have heard and seen this week and season:

1. Te Maire Martin
2. Corey Oates
3. Kotoni Staggs
4. Herbie Farnworth
5. Selwyn Cobbo
6. Billy Walters
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Payne Haas
9. Jake Turpin (Probably last chance)
10. Keenan Palasia
11. Jordan Riki
12. Kurt Capewell
13. Kobe Hetherington
14. Cory Paix
15. Corey Jensen
16. Tom Flegler
17. Ryan James (sadly Kev loves him)
I think your right with that team list. The only thing they may do different is start Flegler with Palasia on the bench. They shouldn't, but I could see it.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
I think your right with that team list. The only thing they may do different is start Flegler with Palasia on the bench. They shouldn't, but I could see it.
Kevvie will definitely start Flegler over Palasia, which is a shit decision.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Martin's last game was by far his best this season- beating Dolphins puts a skip in anyone's step.

He has looked shy; but last game he didn't run more- in fact he hasn't run much at all in the ISC but he started having the confidence to kick and scored his first try- just backing up a big run on the inside and scoring untouched but it's all confidence building.

It didnt put a skip in my step.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Mr Fourex
  • MrTickyMcG
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Stix
  • Battler
  • Aldo
  • Big Del
  • johnny plath
  • Turks85
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.