10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
I'm a fan of Paix but it just cannot be argued, he's been no better than Turpin, probably even below. I think it must be said though that he comes on with the bench and the last couple of rounds, the bench has been FAR inferior to the starters but even so, he needs to do much more.
I'd like to see him come on after 25mins with Flegler. if he continues to provide very little then I'd be going with Billy at 14.

Emanon

Emanon

QCup Player
Apr 26, 2021
With Cobbo possibly at fullback could they possibly try something like using Hass as an extra ball player to take some of the pressure off Cobbo?

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
With Cobbo possibly at fullback could they possibly try something like using Hass as an extra ball player to take some of the pressure off Cobbo?

Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
I'd like to see him come on after 25mins with Flegler. if he continues to provide very little then I'd be going with Billy at 14.

I still don’t know why Kev went back to the old bench tactic of playing each half with a different hooker after the 30ish minute sub worked pretty well against the Roosters.

I’ve said numerous times with the Turpin/Paix discussion that we need to sub hookers at around the 30 minute mark and then again another 30 later.

Obviously it’s game-situation dependent, but it should be the default. Not 40-50 mins straight and then 30-40

Emanon

Emanon

QCup Player
Apr 26, 2021
Ok fair enough. Just figured they could use him as an extra ball player the same way that Lodge or Blair used to chime in. Or how Radley does at the Roosters.

And also the fact his passing game hasn't been seen for ages might of been enough to catch the dogs completely off guard.

H

hench2020

NYC Player
Apr 22, 2019
It’s worse when even our fan base can’t seem to spell 2 rather simple names in Farnworth and Cory.

I'll remember their names when they can live up to the legacy of the club.

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
An injured Niu
An injured Farnworth
An injured Mead
Cobbo
An untried Staggs

Also Farnworth only had a cork so good chance he's back anyway
You realise that we can't play injured players, right? So our only fullback options at present is Cobbo, an untried Staggs, and an untried Farnworth, if he even returns this week. Hmm ok champ.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
The fact that Herbie isn't even in the conversation for FB, despite trialling during the pre-season, is interesting. Either he stinks at it (which seems unlikely?) or there's something else at play. I guess Cobbo is seen as the long-term FB so he'll take the spot with Pereira to come in, but yeah, the fact Herbie's not even mentioned as an option is odd.
Signed with the Dolphins?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
You realise that we can't play injured players, right? So our only fullback options at present is Cobbo, an untried Staggs, and an untried Farnworth, if he even returns this week. Hmm ok champ.

still all much better options than Allan. BTW so is signing any unsigned fullback from the QLD/NSW cups.

besides the majority of this forum/Broncos fans appear to want Cobbo at fullback anyway, despite it not being his preferred position; might as well try it now

oh and lets not forget, we'd still need to convince the Bulldogs to pretty much cover Allan's entire salary otherwise it is a bad deal for us (even at minimum wage i would pass on him)

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
still all much better options than Allan. BTW so is signing any unsigned fullback from the QLD/NSW cups.

besides the majority of this forum/Broncos fans appear to want Cobbo at fullback anyway, despite it not being his preferred position; might as well try it now

oh and lets not forget, we'd still need to convince the Bulldogs to pretty much cover Allan's entire salary otherwise it is a bad deal for us (even at minimum wage i would pass on him)
You say that yet I would have heaps more faith in Jack Ahearn playing at fullback than Cobbo at the time being. I agree we probably shouldn’t be going down the Corey Allan path. We’re not that desperate (would be a regression anyway). However I genuinely think we should go after Sunia Turuva because he is never going to get himself into that Penrith side (Isnt getting into a side with Edwards, May, To’o, Crichton, Tago) and he is absolutely killing it in NSW cup. Thing is with Turuva is you probably wave goodbye to Cobbo ever playing fullback or at least anytime soon.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Ok so I think I would go:

1. Herbie/Cobbo
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Hoeter
5. Cobbo/Herbie
6. Walters (on notice to do something)
7. Reynolds
8. Palasia
9. Turpin (on notice to show something in attack)
10. Haas
11. Capewell
12. Riki (on notice to not drop off defensive concentration)
13. Hetherington

14. Paix (on notice to run and the 9 jersey is up for grabs and see how he responds)
15. Flegler (on notice to do nothing even remotely penalisable as he is a ref target)
16. Jensen
17. Robati (man we need another option here, he's been pretty underwhelming, maybe second year syndrome but we have no one else who can also play second row at present)

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
You need to have a decent roster to try new things. Apart from a select 3-4 players, this team is bog average to awful. Fans of crap teams are always obsessed with making wholesale changes thinking the answer will lurk in a reserve grader on minimum wage. It doesn't.

A stable lineup is the key as it forms combinations and provides experience and confidence. This team is gradually improving but when you hit rock bottom, it takes many years to rebound. The Broncos are no different.
This team is definitely bog average but I would argue Stability is only worth something when there is something to show for it, I could agree the difference between Turpin and Paix is minimal and we don't really have any options at all at fullback though we will be forced to try something there due to Niu's injury, but I think it's atleast fair to say Billy hasn't shown ability that what we have seen from Gamble before who actually looked quite good by the end of last season.

We definitely need to buy a new 9 and unless a miracle happens with Cobbo a 1 as well for the next few years atleast but that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

What has Paix done to say he should start? He has been average.
Our starting hooker can't pass and refuses to make dummy runs, a (below)average hooker would be a blessing.

I specifically remember we had a Serviceable Hooker last season who Kevvie decided to let go for reasons unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.