10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Don't need three props on the bench especially if one of them is very, very, ordinary, sorry awful like James. The other teams aren't playing three. None of them I think. Way better off with Gamble on the bench. He won't be 6...yet.
Heaps of teams play 3 middles on the bench. Especially when your 2nd rowers both play 80 minutes and 2 of your props are capable of filling in.

This round the Titans, Dragons, and knights have done it.

What bench do you suggest?

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Heaps of teams play 3 middles on the bench. Especially when your 2nd rowers both play 80 minutes and 2 of your props are capable of filling in.

This round the Titans, Dragons, and knights have done it.

What bench do you suggest?
Only two teams have played 3 props and none of the top teams have done so. The Knights have only two props.

Two out of sixteen teams. Bottom sides.

On the bench I'd have Flegler Jensen Gamble and Paix.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Only two teams have played 3 props and none of the top teams have done so. The Knights have only two props.

Two out of sixteen teams. Bottom sides.

On the bench I'd have Flegler Jensen Gamble and Paix.
How do you use Gamble? Ball playing lock?

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
He's actually better then our current option. Let that sink in!
Last year Macca I would say yes, but I think Macca has regressed significantly this year... and dragons still have him on the books next year. Nice one Griffdog

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
This will be game number 7 of the comp. If we don't win this the next two games become monumentally important to Kevvie's career.

If he loses the next two his first KPI (the first 10 games) looks way below average and the impatient Bronco fans will be in full "Kev needs to go" mode.

If I'm Kev I'm hitting up DD for fresh blood in my assistant coaching ranks.

My first preference and my last preference would be Cameron Smith.
He was given the opportunity last year & he decided to keep his mates on. He’s made his bed.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
How do you use Gamble? Ball playing lock?
Absolutely but he'd be fine at 9, 13 and or as a 2nd 5/8 because he can defend. Have him on the opposite side to Billy's favoured side and give Reno two viable options for ball playing. Paix can relieve Turpin. He's versatile enough and certainly big enough to just be an 'anywhere you want me Reno old mate'.

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
i don’t have much / any faith in kevvie. I’ve never heard talk of him being a good coach. Everyone spoke about Fitzgibbon and Ciraldo and Ryles etc but no one has spoken about kevvie. He had to get given the job, because in all honesty, no one was going to do a good job last year. This year he has the team to do something and he still can’t. We shouldn’t have extended him. Hopefully the extension had clauses relating to performance. If not, just cop the financial loss. He doesn’t have it.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
I still don’t know why Kev went back to the old bench tactic of playing each half with a different hooker after the 30ish minute sub worked pretty well against the Roosters.

I’ve said numerous times with the Turpin/Paix discussion that we need to sub hookers at around the 30 minute mark and then again another 30 later.

Obviously it’s game-situation dependent, but it should be the default. Not 40-50 mins straight and then 30-40
The reason is, he is a shit coach.
I just wish we stopped persisting with Turpin. I really think we’d look a better team with Gamble at 6 and Walters at 9 to start the game with Paix coming on for impact.
What impact has Paix made? He has been given plenty of time last couple of weeks, and Turpin has been better.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
i don’t have much / any faith in kevvie. I’ve never heard talk of him being a good coach. Everyone spoke about Fitzgibbon and Ciraldo and Ryles etc but no one has spoken about kevvie. He had to get given the job, because in all honesty, no one was going to do a good job last year. This year he has the team to do something and he still can’t. We shouldn’t have extended him. Hopefully the extension had clauses relating to performance. If not, just cop the financial loss. He doesn’t have it.
He doesnt have the team... the team is bog average ... 3/4 spine positions are bottom to bottom 4 for their position

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Last year Macca I would say yes, but I think Macca has regressed significantly this year... and dragons still have him on the books next year. Nice one Griffdog

Dont get me wrong, i dont think he is improving. Our options though are that ineffective right now i think i'd actually prefer him!

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Dont get me wrong, i dont think he is improving. Our options though are that ineffective right now i think i'd actually prefer him!
I think if Paix could get through 50mins he would probably be starting, but he struggles to get through 30

Calls of a Walters / Paix hooking combo would be horrendous unless Kevvie is willing to soak up 3-4 interchanges between the two of them every game

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
Except that he doesn't have the team to do it. Take a long look at that 30 man roster and pause after reading each name. It is filled with youth, plodders and middle of the road players. Add to that a halfback and winger on their last legs and a star prop who doesn't want to be there and an up and coming British centre who will be elsewhere next year. This isn't a playoff team, they'll do well to avoid the bottom 4.

Sacking Kevie isn't going to solve any problems. No one bar Bennett will have any success with this roster. Better to stick with him.

The Broncos have won 12 of their past 50 games. Too many fans are expecting instant results which is ambitious for a team who has finished in the cellar two years running. Patience is required from we Bronco fans atm. Fixing Seibold's tomfuckery will take many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Seibs
  • maddo
  • Justwin
  • Manofoneway
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.