PRE-GAME [Round 7, 2022] Broncos vs Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be a valid point, if the team he was therefore learning off in the nrl was also playing terribly.... and he wasnt on the wing on that same team....

Look at Mariner- five games in looks lost and position-less.

Game one- smiles and tries.

TMM one good game; first four looked like he’d lost his last $10.

You can’t just pick Ahearn. You’d have to add a 30 year old to your top 30 and give him $77k.

didn't they make a new rule this year saying players could play on a train/trial sort of contract?

I can guarantee you we would get an exemption… we are already relying on t&t players to source 24 players in team list Tuesday.

You won’t get an exception when you have Cobbo in your 30 and EQ as a development player and you gave away two outside backs.

I can guarantee you we would get an exemption… we are already relying on t&t players to source 24 players in team list Tuesday.
You realise this is the broncos asking the nrl for this? NO WAY we get an exemption

Funnily enough we finished round 6 at 14th the last 4 seasons in a row. 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019. How’s that for consistency!
Remember we won our first two games in 2020 and then it all went to hell.

I think if Paix could get through 50mins he would probably be starting, but he struggles to get through 30

Calls of a Walters / Paix hooking combo would be horrendous unless Kevvie is willing to soak up 3-4 interchanges between the two of them every game
The weird thing is that Hetherington is already out there with Carrigan injured. If it's speed of the game that's the issue, couldn't they plan for Hetherington to attack from dummy half every X amount of sets and allow the whoever is at dummy half a set off in attack?

The weird thing is that Hetherington is already out there with Carrigan injured. If it's speed of the game that's the issue, couldn't they plan for Hetherington to attack from dummy half every X amount of sets and allow the whoever is at dummy half a set off in attack?
I think that would be difficult with a team still trying to find its feet.

Players are still trying to learn their roles as it is, so they are nowhere near perfecting them to suddenly be throwing mid-game complexities on top of that.

There would definitely be times where Kobe/Paix/Turps would get confused about who’s meant to be controlling the ruck.

To me you just don’t want to be messing around with spine positions throughout a game.... hooker it can be required to get through the 80, but having 2 hookers on the field at the same time just screams disaster to me.

The only way that works is if one is the designated lock when two are on and they only head to dummy half if the designated hooker runs.

I don’t think it can work to just have Paix like... “I might have a spell, this set is yours”... what if Kobe is already having a spell because he’s playing lock and handled it 4 times the previous set, had a hit up and made 3 tackles. Paix doesn’t really get a spell anyway because he then has to cover the lock position for Kobe.

Who is Reynolds anticipating to get the ball from if they’re chopping and changing the dummy half and lock 4 times a half

The fact they extended Kev for 2 more years in the off-season says to me that he isn't going anywhere in a hurry. I think regardless of what happens this year, bar a wooden spoon he'll get the benefit of the doubt. Come rounds 5-10 next year - if we're still shit that's when they'll be seriously looking to move him on.

I can't see any big changes again this week:

1. Cobbo
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Farnworth
5. Periera / Hoeter
6. Walters
7. Arey
8. Jensen
9. Turnip
10. Haas
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. James
15. Robati
16. Flegler
17. Paix

Would love to see Gamble get a run at 6, purely for the mongrel. Could drop Walters back to the bench at the expense of Paix - but I can't see Kevvie doing it.

I think that would be difficult with a team still trying to find its feet.

Players are still trying to learn their roles as it is, so they are nowhere near perfecting them to suddenly be throwing mid-game complexities on top of that.

There would definitely be times where Kobe/Paix/Turps would get confused about who’s meant to be controlling the ruck.

To me you just don’t want to be messing around with spine positions throughout a game.... hooker it can be required to get through the 80, but having 2 hookers on the field at the same time just screams disaster to me.

The only way that works is if one is the designated lock when two are on and they only head to dummy half if the designated hooker runs.

I don’t think it can work to just have Paix like... “I might have a spell, this set is yours”... what if Kobe is already having a spell because he’s playing lock and handled it 4 times the previous set, had a hit up and made 3 tackles. Paix doesn’t really get a spell anyway because he then has to cover the lock position for Kobe.

Who is Reynolds anticipating to get the ball from if they’re chopping and changing the dummy half and lock 4 times a half
I think the trick to it would be to have Reynolds call for it himself. It would have to be pre planned in training and adapted should injury occur, but I couldn't see any disadvantage to it once every 6-8 sets. Or even as a trick set once or twice a half. With Turpin kicking and Reynolds as a decoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• theshed
  • Gaz
  • Jedhead
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Skyblues87
  • marw
  • johnny plath
  • phoenix
  • jd87
  • Aldo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • Battler
  • MrTickyMcG
  • broncos4life
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Xzei
  • Scdeac
  • Confidor
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.