POST GAME [Round 7, 2022] Broncos vs Bulldogs

I don't think we have a line speed issue. We needed it ramps up. Constant line speed sucks the juice from the tank, its not wise to be going fast all game. Far more efficient to settle and let the opponent to take 8-10m per play.

I just think we need to be smarter with pushing the boundaries. Its hard when getting picked up on technical penalties a lot. The natural bias then becomes to buckle up and avoid any risks.
We have crap line speed and have had that issue for years. When you look at the top teams (penrith, melb, roosters, now sharks) they have great line speed which limits the oppositions metres and helps them win the collision and control the ruck.

Our slow line speed and stopping lets the attacker take all momentum into the tackle, usually resulting in a quick play the ball and keeping us on the back foot which is more fatiguing than aggressive line speed.

Also by losing the momentum in the tackle when we try and hold them down it is more obvious and why we get pinned and the better teams who dominant the collision and ruck dont.

Wonder if we'll here anymore of the Reynolds incident. When he gets tackled he cops a straight knee to the head. It opens him up and looks at the officials to see if they're going to take any action. He obviously refuses to lay down, but he was nonetheless filthy with no action being taken.

How about the Captains challenge for Herbie knocking on ?
Herbie gets smacked in the mouth . But lets nit pick whether he held the ball . Should have been penalty when they saw the high contact - look no further .

Herbie gets smacked in the mouth . But lets nit pick whether he held the ball . Should have been penalty when they saw the high contact - look no further .
Yeh great skill by Herbie to keep a hold of that ball. And yeh no mention of the wallop he copped.

So, a no name like Kennedy, what rate do you pay ?
I think any prop that plays every week is worth 400k at least.

Kennedy I think if he actually was in the 17 every week (which I think he deserves to be in our squar) is a 300k player until he nails a starting spot then moves up to 400-500k if he holds, although moot point as it seems the club isn't re-signing him. Personally I'd like to run a rotation of Carrigan/Haas/Flegler/Palasia then have Jensen and Kennedy as depth rotating in depending on form.

also **** i was happy to have gamble back. just that little thing with dufty. i love that sorta shit in my footy team. you need one bloke like that. would love for him to keep playing well so we can keep him in side.

hes the bloke you hate when there against you and aboslutly love when hes on your side. just like ennis
This this this this and this^^^^^

This nepotism garbage is fucking frustrating.

Paix cant play 80 so would you prefer he start, play 30mins have a spell and then need to get subbed or not come back on??

Kevvie did it correctly by starting Walters who got through the initial 30mins (poorly) and then he made the right call to hook him and get Paix on who then played out the game.

The way Kevvie worked it had our better hooker playing the majority of the game and when he came on he was able to spark because he was coming up against fatigued players.

Expect the same next week except it will be Turps starting and then getting pulled at the 30min mark.
Seems odd to name and train one way then do the late swap. It is a tight rope walk, especially when the son is not the best player on the park. I don't know why but Billy does not seem to be a confident passer of the ball, he has trouble pulling the trigger. I would just like to see Paix get his opportunity, back the kid and see what he can do for a few weeks, maybe the team doesn't need a tackle bot at all. Maybe the team needs a smart player who can work out how to conserve energy and make effective tackles ala C. Smith. and provide more on the opposite side of the footy.I just want to see a hooker that isn't turned into some storm weathering slogger.

Remember last year against the Roosters, we lost the game and Fleggs got two weeks for a shot that was less than that on Satilli from memory. The game is totally corrupt, we all know it.

Name one elite sporting code in the world who could come out publicly a few weeks into a season and say that they are going to do something that will influence the outcomes on field because the teams that should be doing well aren't, the way Vlandys did. He stated he wanted certain players and teams to do better. All of a sudden the teams with Vlandys tick of approval are winning games and the ladder now looks the way they want. Nobody in the media even raising an eyebrow or questioning it. Absolute corruption.

Gamble =

Bidirectional-Tripod-Turnstile-Optional-RFID-Reader-Qr-Reader-Facial-Machine-Access-Control-Solution.jpg

No one noticed the half dozen tackles he missed ?
Or the intercept he threw straight to Ockenbor ?
Imagine Billy Walters did that lol. He’d be crucified.

Gamble was worse than Billy’s been in the 6 all year. Literally provided nothing. TMM played second receiver more than Gamble anyway

Imagine Billy Walters did that lol. He’d be crucified.

Gamble was worse than Billy’s been in the 6 all year. Literally provided nothing. TMM played second receiver more than Gamble anyway
People give the forehead rub more value than his tackles it seems .
He missed 7 tackles ... Threw an intercept pass and kicked straight into TPJ `s arms . Cracker of a game , NOT !

I think any prop that plays every week is worth 400k at least.

Kennedy I think if he actually was in the 17 every week (which I think he deserves to be in our squar) is a 300k player until he nails a starting spot then moves up to 400-500k if he holds, although moot point as it seems the club isn't re-signing him. Personally I'd like to run a rotation of Carrigan/Haas/Flegler/Palasia then have Jensen and Kennedy as depth rotating in depending on form.
But that's valuing a position instead of actually focusing on the specific bloke and his value. Not all props that play weekly are worth 400k, a lot of blokes playing 15+ games a year are gonna be under 200k, and guys like that are important parts of the squad. If we pay Kennedy 300k, a bloke that no other club wants, we're even stupider than I thought.

There needs to be some benefit for the ref getting these wrong, especially when the team is on the front foot and applying pressure. This just gave the defensive team time to rest.

Remember last year against the Roosters, we lost the game and Fleggs got two weeks for a shot that was less than that on Satilli from memory. The game is totally corrupt, we all know it.

Name one elite sporting code in the world who could come out publicly a few weeks into a season and say that they are going to do something that will influence the outcomes on field because the teams that should be doing well aren't, the way Vlandys did. He stated he wanted certain players and teams to do better. All of a sudden the teams with Vlandys tick of approval are winning games and the ladder now looks the way they want. Nobody in the media even raising an eyebrow or questioning it. Absolute corruption.
Flegler didn't serve any time for the high shot, it was just a cooked review and the NRL tiptoed around it.

Otherwise you're spot on. The game has been poorly managed ever since the game decided to exile David Smith but it's gotten worse since V'landys started throwing his weight around. What happened last year mid-season was a joke. Instead of accepting that his ruck infringement was causing more injuries he doubled down and made ridiculous head high tackle interpretations that spoiled the game.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • Hurrijo
  • scobie
  • BroncosAlways
  • Allo
  • Skyblues87
  • Fozz
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.