POST GAME [Round 7, 2022] Broncos vs Bulldogs

Proof that Badel gets his opinions from here:

PLAYER RATINGS

6. TYSON GAMBLE - 4

"Loses two points for the worst haircut in the NRL. Seriously, can somebody with some clout at the Broncos call Gamble in and tell him to fix his pathetic haircut. Memo Tyson, you aren’t a 16-year-old rebelling against mum and dad. Grow up. Wayne Bennett wouldn’t cop such a dusty ‘do which belongs with The Finks. For a start, Gamble should focus on playing good football and get respect in the NRL. His option-taking was largely erratic and he finished the game gobbing off with Matt Dufty. Needs to lift this week against the Sharks."​

Must thank Kennedy for keeping my multi alive! I backed the Broncos conceding 18.5 start and RK made the margin 20. Choice and maybe the sun is shining on this dog's arse🤗
Screenshot 20220423 121814

Service? Really lol what service. He kills any momentum our forwards make with his service. And we didn’t cop a try in our middle third while Walters was on last night.
He actually passes the ball to Reynolds, Billy didn't know what he was doing. You not noticing the errors Billy made in the ruck in the leadup to the tries they scored says all it needs to about you.

He actually passes the ball to Reynolds, Billy didn't know what he was doing. You not noticing the errors Billy made in the ruck in the leadup to the tries they scored says all it needs to about you.
Turpin takes a minute to pass the ball to Reynolds. There’s no doubt Billy made errors last night, but he made none of those errors when he came on as a bench hooker, where he looked dangerous and his service was better. His game needs to be simplified, it’s a simple fix. Turpins game can’t be fixed. If a hooker can’t pass a ball straight off the ground without picking it up for 2 seconds after 15 years playing the game then there’s no fixing that.

Really bad for most of it, but Reynolds killed it in the last 30!

Good for the team to have a nice comeback like that too!

Walters really hampered out attack in the beginning there.

Turpin takes a minute to pass the ball to Reynolds. There’s no doubt Billy made errors last night, but he made none of those errors when he came on as a bench hooker, where he looked dangerous and his service was better. His game needs to be simplified, it’s a simple fix. Turpins game can’t be fixed. If a hooker can’t pass a ball straight off the ground without picking it up for 2 seconds after 15 years playing the game then there’s no fixing that.
The errors in defence is what cost us, errors like that Turpin doesn't make. And I'll take Turpins slow service ahead of the frantic no clue what to do service that Billy dished up last night.

The errors in defence is what cost us, errors like that Turpin doesn't make. And I'll take Turpins slow service ahead of the frantic no clue what to do service that Billy dished up last night.
Which errors specifically? The 6 again or penalty? Billy was just playmaking from dummy half. He’ll just be told to pass straight away or run when markers are dead. Like I said. Simple fix. Turpins service is absolute poo. May as well play Hetherington at hooker if you just want a defender.

yes much needed win albeit against a weaker team. However they looked a lot better with Martin at full back as Tesi too timid against high ball. Great also to see Gamble get a run , hope Kevin sticks with him.

If they can improve that defensive line speed they should start to win a few more games .
Also bet Flegler happy to get through with no reports. LOL

Which errors specifically? The 6 again or penalty? Billy was just playmaking from dummy half. He’ll just be told to pass straight away or run when markers are dead. Like I said. Simple fix. Turpins service is absolute poo. May as well play Hetherington at hooker if you just want a defender.
His ruck work specifically, the penalty and 6 agains. His work in the ruck was putrid, and was rightly hooked and didn't come back on. You can badmouth Turpins service, but it was superior to Billy's last night. We looked the worst we had in a long time while he was at 9. For a lot on this forum who wanted him to start at 9, it was a case of be careful what you wish for.

Key points:
- TMM looked almost in tears, really really really happy for him and I reckon he will be a good influence around our big headed kids to keep them in check
- JT is a TERRIBLE interviewer
- There seemed to be such a good spirit in the team post-game, they were pumped
- @Huge - WARNING - KENNEDY IS TOPLESS!

I'm willing to still give walters another shot at dummy half. he just needs to simplify his game I felt he was trying to do to much last night.

I'm just done with Turpin we know what he offers us and its not much. For everyone saying hes a tackle machine did we leak any more points without him last night then we do with him? I certainly did not think once last night gee I wish Turpin was there he would of saved that break or try.

And imo paix is a massive upgrade over turpin . I wouldn't mind seeing a few games of paix starting with billy coming off bench. best thing about billy when he was at 6 was he liked to run the ball.

simple job for him would be to let him come in against tired forwards for 20 minutes a game and see if he can get some easy metres and make some breaks. similar to how cows use granville so well

I'm willing to still give walters another shot at dummy half. he just needs to simplify his game I felt he was trying to do to much last night.

I'm just done with Turpin we know what he offers us and its not much. For everyone saying hes a tackle machine did we leak any more points without him last night then we do with him? I certainly did not think once last night gee I wish Turpin was there he would of saved that break or try.

And imo paix is a massive upgrade over turpin . I wouldn't mind seeing a few games of paix starting with billy coming off bench. best thing about billy when he was at 6 was he liked to run the ball.

simple job for him would be to let him come in against tired forwards for 20 minutes a game and see if he can get some easy metres and make some breaks. similar to how cows use granville so well
You didn't notice the shit Billy did in defence? The 6 agains and penalty in the ruck which led to points? It's not just about someone making a try saving tackle when people talk about defence.

So....KJ has to make way for Paix/Turps.

......on top of him also playing shit.

KJ vs Gamble.....Gamble brings more to the table, even if it isn't entirely based on his football ability.

KJ's out.....pretty simple.

Key points:
- TMM looked almost in tears, really really really happy for him and I reckon he will be a good influence around our big headed kids to keep them in check
- JT is a TERRIBLE interviewer
- There seemed to be such a good spirit in the team post-game, they were pumped
- @Huge - WARNING - KENNEDY IS TOPLESS!

Solid first up run.....he'll be better for it.

Gamble does add something to the side........
Might be best if TMM stays at fullback

You didn't notice the shit Billy did in defence? The 6 agains and penalty in the ruck which led to points? It's not just about someone making a try saving tackle when people talk about defence.
I dont get this logic? i never said billy was not terrible last night and I have seen turpin do similar so im just unsure why so many are quick to say billy must be booted but are so eager to defend turpin when he has had ample opportunity to improve his game. why not give billy at least 3-4 games at dummy half to before wanting to rush back turpin so quick.

I'm sorry but turpin literally has zero impact on this side. if anything we seem to score less points the more hes on and whenever hes not playing not once do i think we really could of used him for his defence

I would love for someone to just explain to me what is it turpin does for this side that warrants him being rushed back after 1 game?

I swear some just look at stats after games and not actually watch each game closely and realise how much worse we look when hes at 9. All they see his he made X amount of tackles after the game so he must be good. I really just dont get it.

Active Now

• Yellowfella
  • winslow_wong
  • FACTHUNT
  • IceWorks
  • Justwin
  • Cavalo
  • bb_gun
  • Harry Sack
  • Lurker
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • Allo
  • Browny
  • mrtij
  • Scdeac
  • Foordy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Kev_Guz
  • Santa
  • Skyblues87
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.