POST GAME [Round 7, 2022] Broncos vs Bulldogs

Walters could be made into a decent hooker if he could sharpen his passing and choose his runs a bit better. His defense seemed ok to me.

Have we found our fullback in Martin?

but what do you guys mean his defense ? has his defense stopped us leaking points? Just saying his defense means nothing all it means is you looked at stats and went well he made X amount of tackles.

If you do just want to look at stats then lets look at our team as a whole with him in it.

3rd last in points conceed( 150)
2ndlast in line break conceeded(36)
last in missed tackles(214)
last offloaded conceed(83).

and thats with turpin playing every game and most minutes except last nights.

If Turpin is not in the side do you think those 28 tackles a game he makes just dont get made? or do the rest of the team pick up the slack and make those tackles?

I want to be on the turpin love train i do because we desperately need a good 9 but im struggling to see how any one could want him rushed back into this side after just 1 game because the player who replaced him had a shocker.

surely we should give walters minimum 4-6 games and then judge?

I dont get this logic? i never said billy was not terrible last night and I have seen turpin do similar so im just unsure why so many are quick to say billy must be booted but are so eager to defend turpin when he has had ample opportunity to improve his game. why not give billy at least 3-4 games at dummy half to before wanting to rush back turpin so quick.

I'm sorry but turpin literally has zero impact on this side. if anything we seem to score less points the more hes on and whenever hes not playing not once do i think we really could of used him for his defence

I would love for someone to just explain to me what is it turpin does for this side that warrants him being rushed back after 1 game?

I swear some just look at stats after games and not actually watch each game closely and realise how much worse we look when hes at 9. All they see his he made X amount of tackles after the game so he must be good. I really just dont get it.
What has Billy done to suggest he should be given multiple games as starting 9? For his entire career he has been a bloke who is pretty average, but can have brief moments in games where he looks like he could be a decent player, and is given more chances because of his surname.

If you want to claim Turpin has zero impact, I'll take that ahead of the negative impact that Walters had last night. He was given the easiest team in the comp to prove his worth, and all he did was drag us down below their level.

I haven't looked at any stats, but the 30ish minutes Walters was on the field last night, is the worst we have looked in a long time.

What has Billy done to suggest he should be given multiple games as starting 9? For his entire career he has been a bloke who is pretty average, but can have brief moments in games where he looks like he could be a decent player, and is given more chances because of his surname.

If you want to claim Turpin has zero impact, I'll take that ahead of the negative impact that Walters had last night. He was given the easiest team in the comp to prove his worth, and all he did was drag us down below their level.

I haven't looked at any stats, but the 30ish minutes Walters was on the field last night, is the worst we have looked in a long time.
What makes you say we just shouldnt give him a chance to be a bench hooker?

Surely giving him a few games off the bench to be used similar to a granville is worth the risk because if it works out it will benefit the team greatly.

I'm not even saying it has to be billy. But i dont think we have other options for hooker other then turpin?

and I just believe after a couple years now we know what turpin offers and its nothing. I truly believe he makes us play worse. If turpin can get his running game back then sure have turpin in the team as bench hooker. but with how hes playing the last 6 months i do believe billy can offer more then turpin as an impact bench hooker

as bad as he was last night ... ne still offers us more than Turpin.

if we want a tackle bot starting at 9, then we may as well just start Piakura or another backrower. we won't be any worse off in attack, but much better in defense than with Turpin.

Personally, I'd be starting Paix. Billy on the bench

What makes you say we just shouldnt give him a chance to be a bench hooker?

Surely giving him a few games off the bench to be used similar to a granville is worth the risk because if it works out it will benefit the team greatly.

I'm not even saying it has to be billy. But i dont think we have other options for hooker other then turpin?

and I just believe after a couple years now we know what turpin offers and its nothing. I truly believe he makes us play worse. If turpin can get his running game back then sure have turpin in the team as bench hooker. but with how hes playing the last 6 months i do believe billy can offer more then turpin as an impact bench hooker
But we aren't arguing for him to be a bench hooker, that is Paix role, which he did well last night coming on after 30mins. The discussion is him being a starting 9, which he was horrible at.

You're going with the argument of anyone but Turpin, even though Billy was horrendous, you're willing to ignore that.

Imagine Billy Walters did that lol. He’d be crucified.

Gamble was worse than Billy’s been in the 6 all year. Literally provided nothing. TMM played second receiver more than Gamble anyway
He did vs Panthers. Actually had worse tackle efficiency. They’re both chumps

as bad as he was last night ... ne still offers us more than Turpin.

if we want a tackle bot starting at 9, then we may as well just start Piakura or another backrower. we won't be any worse off in attack, but much better in defense than with Turpin.

Personally, I'd be starting Paix. Billy on the bench
Do you believe Paix will have the same impact starting?

But we aren't arguing for him to be a bench hooker, that is Paix role, which he did well last night coming on after 30mins. The discussion is him being a starting 9, which he was horrible at.

You're going with the argument of anyone but Turpin, even though Billy was horrendous, you're willing to ignore that.
why does it have to be paixs role though? why cant we have paix starting?

i dont know yet? but why dont we try before rushing turping back.?

isnt it better to try the unknown then to go back to what we know will hurt us?
why does it have to be paixs role though? why cant we have paix starting?

Because Paix has shown this year, he hasn't offered much. His most suited role is #14, and he has even struggled with that. Last night was the first time he had some success, and now you want to move him from that role after 30mins of decent footy.

I'm not though I have said countless times he had a shocker last night. but if turpin has been givin 2 years now of chances why cant we at least give walters a couple more chances?

I'm not though I have said countless times he had a shocker last night. but if turpin has been givin 2 years now of chances why cant we at least give walters a couple more chances?
So you're saying Turpin has had 2 years of shocking performances? I don't think I've seen a single game where Turpin was as bad as Billy was last night, especially considering the opposition.

Because Paix has shown this year, he hasn't offered much. His most suited role is #14, and he has even struggled with that. Last night was the first time he had some success, and now you want to move him from that role after 30mins of decent footy.
What game has paix shown that? how many chances has he had? have we even tried yet to start him at 9?

I'm not sure if i had a stroke and have missed a bunch of games this year but i cant think of a single time paix has been given the chance to be a starting 9? so why are you positive he will fail and offer nothing

I''m so confused with your logic how can you not want to give paix a shot to show what he can offer. which btw his performance last night was a big factor in us winning. but your willing to go back to turpin to start route where we know it does not work for us?

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Yellowfella
  • FACTHUNT
  • IceWorks
  • Justwin
  • Cavalo
  • bb_gun
  • Harry Sack
  • Lurker
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • Allo
  • Browny
  • mrtij
  • Scdeac
  • Foordy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Kev_Guz
  • Santa
  • Skyblues87
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.