POST GAME [Round 7, 2022] Broncos vs Bulldogs

I think Paix's passing has always been good from dummy half. Definitely better than the other two.
He wasn`t as slick in the trials .
Passing behind and high . Last night was much better . Still that one that Gamble got upset about though .
I was watching Harry Grant the other week . The width they were getting from DH to the 1st receiver was impressive .

He's since been fined over $1650 ($827 for obstructing police, and $827, for disorderly behaviour).

The crusaders who bashed him might still be banned from the stadium. Or given a season pass for every Broncos game. Whichever is the greater punishment.
Remind me not to get on your badside!

Wow, knock the ball on thrice, get called for it and then challenge. Is Kelly coming to the Broncs?

why does it have to be paixs role though? why cant we have paix starting?
It's nothing against Paix, but I wouldn't start him unless Mozer kicks the door down and replaces him on the bench personally. The Broncos have preferred their starting hooker to be a tackle bot in recent memory. I'd be a bit uneasy about whether they would also demand that of Paix.

That's also why I'd stick with Turpin for now at least, because we've been there and done that with him already.

It's nothing against Paix, but I wouldn't start him unless Mozer kicks the door down and replaces him on the bench personally. The Broncos have preferred their starting hooker to be a tackle bot in recent memory. I'd be a bit uneasy about whether they would also demand that of Paix.

That's also why I'd stick with Turpin for now at least, because we've been there and done that with him already.
Who was the last successful team to have a tackle-bot at hooker? The position needs more than someone who can defend with shit service

Who was the last successful team to have a tackle-bot at hooker? The position needs more than someone who can defend with shit service
I do agree actually agree with you. And if I had to guess, 2010 Dragons under Bennett.

🤔 recent memory also has us finished with a wooden spoon and a bottom 4 ... maybe time for a change

🤔 recent memory also has us finished with a wooden spoon and a bottom 4 ... maybe time for a change
I agree. My concern was the club doesn't. Turpin went from the exact same position Paix is in now, to being Macca 2.0. That's structural or philosophical to me. And its clearly not working. But throwing Paix at starting hooker now if the club haven't changed their minds will see him in Turpin's current situation at some point.

he's been doing it a bit and has produced points a few times
Yes, he has the basic ball skills, and has chimed into the back line nicely a few times. I just wish his hitups weren't always so one dimensional.

I agree. My concern was the club doesn't. Turpin went from the exact same position Paix is in now, to being Macca 2.0. That's structural or philosophical to me. And its clearly not working. But throwing Paix at starting hooker now if the club haven't changed their minds will see him in Turpin's current situation at some point.
Interestingly, Macca and Turps have exactly the same build as each other. They are both within a few cm's and kg's weight and heightwise. Maybe a player built like that is destined to become a tackle-bot when they play first grade for an extended period??

Paix on the other hand is built like an actual hooker, kinda reminds me of Mahoney.

Interestingly, Macca and Turps have exactly the same build as each other. They are both within a few cm's and kg's weight and heightwise. Maybe a player built like that is destined to become a tackle-bot when they play first grade for an extended period??

Paix on the other hand is built like an actual hooker, kinda reminds me of Mahoney.
Wayne also loves hookers that don’t run or kick. Just wants them to tackle and shovel the ball to the halves.

Yes, he has the basic balls skills, and has chimed into the back line nicely a few times. I just wish his hitups weren't always so one dimensional.
he's only 22 and props don't usually mature till mid 20's so he should get better

Paix reminded me a lot of Shaun Berrigan there the other night.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • NSW stables
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Old Mate
  • BruiserMk1
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Robboi_321
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  • sooticus
  • phoenix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.