POST GAME [Round 7, 2022] Broncos vs Bulldogs

We are a terribly coached side and we won tonight in spite of it, just through sheer talent.

I will give Kevvie credit though, TMM was good, not brilliant or anything but he did everything asked of him, I am happy to be soo wrong. I do think he would be more suited to 5/8 though.

I don’t think gamble offered anything too different to Billy.

Riki has gone backwards, he’s just a defender now, he never runs holes anymore, it’s a waste of his size & skill.

Haas is becoming a scratching pole for the defence, he always draws 3 or 4 players in for a waltz and just gives the defence time to set their line before a slow PTB. He either needs less minutes and more impact, including running angles and find a step here & there. Or he needs to develop a pass & offload. The couple of times he did manage a pass tonight something happened. It sounds weird, and it’s hard to judge based on the side being shuffled around again, but I think we looked better last week without him, at least with the ball anyway.

Kevvie should be tapped on the shoulder soooner rather than later, we can’t go into another season looking like a pub footy side.
shut up idiot

I was so angry and raging in the first half, and so happy and elated in the second half, these motherfuckers are playing with my emotions.
7HFo

The aging process from watching the Broncos.

It was the "we're going to ambush the Broncos" tweet. Which they kind of did, then fell apart.

Yeah, something about "How good are the boys enjoying a good Lebanese meal #LangParkAmbush". Actual hashtag BTW, LOL.

Their game thread is so salty, delicious.

We were ordinary in that first half but you can’t just dismiss the defensive efforts because it’s the Bulldogs.

Years gone by it didn’t matter who it was, we weren’t even turning up. This club is moving the right way, I don’t really know how it can be even disputed and it starts with the coach.
look i like your passion and positivity and you are right to a degree. Our attitude is 100% better then it has been no one at all can dispute that the only reason we defend well at times like we do is because its all attitude and effort but zero structure.

But i can guarantee you if we cannot actually get a defensive structure in place and play as a unit we will always battle for the spoon. I hope so much that kevie can fix it or get some assistants who can.

I dont want to be negative after a win so I wont say any more except I hope I am wrong and your right and kevie can turn it around and fix it

We missed 38 tackles. What defence are you happy with? Our line speed was non existent again. A couple good individual held up efforts. Bulldogs can’t score points anywy

They have some dangerous players, the young centre on debut was almost the best out there for them. TPJ is an offloading machine (we all know that), Dufty is dangerous close to the line with his speed and ball playing.

I was happy with TMM’s efforts, they didn’t score any tries through the teeth of our ruck. We were good against the Roosters and the Panthers as well, for large parts. A few of you are hard markers, it’s never going to instantly click, we were absolutely horrific for at least 3 seasons.

We won, it’s great. We’re competing every week, the coach is turning things around. Can he win us a premiership? Not with this squad but that’s not on him. We’ve won 3 and lost 4 and really, we should’ve beaten the Roosters.

The shit is going on with Capewell?

Reynolds won us the game. The guy is hitting that age where he’s become one with the ball, his kicks were phenomenal. The way he shapes his kicks.. it’s art.

haas was immense, but why did Jensen only get 20 minutes?
Because he dropped one of Walter's poor balls and Kev couldn't admit his son was the one needing to be pulled.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.