POST GAME [Round 7, 2022] Broncos vs Bulldogs

Missed most of the game but turned it on at 18-14 to see the ref trying to give leg ups. No way was Cobbo offside on the kick.

Fun to see some points scored but geez a COVID ravaged doggies and we had to come from behind.

I’d be happy to see Reynolds doing more of the chat to the Refs to keep them honest.

Yeah this. The fuckers are incompetent and took one of our players to show them what was right in front of them. Even Fatty said "why tell them to get back, just penalise them".

That first 50 minutes was half us being shit, half the refs just looking for any excuse to give the Bulldogs a late-set 6 again. They were holding on all night, piling on, peeling off slowly, that's fine. One of our guys doesn't release the micro-second Held is called and it's 6 again. I fucking hate the inconsistency, and I reckon it has a lot to do with us as a team dropping our heads. The players out there know when they aren't going to be allowed to compete.

Reynolds put on a special at the end, but the turning point to me was all Herbie. Finally got some early ball with depth and tore them ragged. It's what gave us acres of space on the right hand side to let Reynolds play.

We were ordinary in that first half but you can’t just dismiss the defensive efforts because it’s the Bulldogs.

Years gone by it didn’t matter who it was, we weren’t even turning up. This club is moving the right way, I don’t really know how it can be even disputed and it starts with the coach.
We missed 38 tackles. What defence are you happy with? Our line speed was non existent again. A couple good individual held up efforts. Bulldogs can’t score points anywy

Well fmd that was a better half , the fox can go suck on that. Welcome back TMM . Much improved 2nd half , I'm now havin a good weekend !.

I'm still pissed, I can't forgive that first half of pure shitiness, lack urgency and effort.

Gamble can't be at 6 next week, in defense he was awful, he dropped off or was bumped off in a lot tackles.

*Edit* TMM was good, particularly considering it was his first game back.

Ennis going out of his way post game to bag us saying we were really lucky the Bulldogs collapsed.
When I cancelled my kayo I commented on Ennis never being allowed to comment on a broncos game.... they spend all that money on a broncos ad to get broncos fans bcos they finally get the games off of channel 9 bcos we're shit and they put Ennis in to commentate every game. SMaRt

The main thing we did different from the first half was hang onto the ball. I think we may have found our fullback going forward as well.

Reynolds absolutely carried us in that half and is earning every cent we're paying him.

Our attack is much better with Paix on the field and Turpin not. I also thought that was Billy Walters worst game of the year.

We were ordinary in that first half but you can’t just dismiss the defensive efforts because it’s the Bulldogs.

Years gone by it didn’t matter who it was, we weren’t even turning up. This club is moving the right way, I don’t really know how it can be even disputed and it starts with the coach.

You know it, i know it, everyone knows it. Without Adam Reynolds deciding to put on a clinic from about the 50th minute, we lose that. That shouldnt change from the fact we were shocking for 50 mins against a side who had to ship in 4 players late on.

Well over a year into the job we still cant handle being put under pressure, we still collapse after every mistake and there is still no real attacking or defensive structures that we stick to when we get put under pressure. Kevvie can coach, but he isnt a good head coach.

I've only been half listening to the Fox post match coverage while on my phone, but have they actually said or discussed anything about the Broncos yet? Cause all I've heard is Dogs, Dogs, Dogs. You'd think they'd won.

Active Now

• Robboi_321
  • Culhwch
  • Financeguy
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • Galah
  • BroncosAlways
  • theshed
  • Shane Tronc
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.