POST GAME [Round 7, 2024] Broncos vs Raiders

Baker actually went ok tonight - not amazing, not bad, just ok.
Hunt however, decided his recent howlers weren't good enough, so this week, in the space of 10 minutes blew 1 absolute sitter of a try, let a player stroll over for a try, gave away a stupid penalty in a set where in their first 3 carries they hadn't made it past the 20, and fell off 2 other tackles. Absolute horror show.

That's more or less worthy of never being seen in first grade again sort of territory. Fucking Aaron Whitchurch stuff.

The injection of Willison and Kobe together works really well, they seem to turn it up a knotch and gives us good punch. Both bring something different. Willison needs to be signed long long term asap.
I am pretty confident we score the most tries out of any team through out kick chase. It started with Riki last year but this year all the lads have jumped on board.
Cobbo just keeps throwing blokes off him, he's growing into that centre role as alot of us expected him to it's good to see.
Madden had a good game and so did Baker.
Hunt.. well he's probably a good bloke..

Other than the 1st bomb that he let bounce .
He was very good under the high balls tonight . Back on the pine next week with Mariner back though ?
Lightning doesn't strike twice... lol

Baker
11 runs for 98m ... 35 tackles with zero misses and a try assist.
Yes he did well tonight. He’s followed up a good game with a bad game so far. So next week will be interesting

Baring a few glimpses during games thus far, Baker wasn’t good at all but tonight, he turned it around and slowly fitting into our structures. Good game from him & Jensen. He had quite a few offloads too today. Patty did mention post game that its difficult to fit into our structures especially when coming from Rotters system.

On the other hand, i honestly do not see J.Hunt turning it around. It maybe a stretch but he’s not for us he’s full of rocks. I pray that Brenden is healthy and fit forever when he returns.

Will be interesting to see if Oates hold on to a position in the team when Aqua man returns.

Jock had a pretty good game. Hope he continues in the same trajectory.

Only disappointment is, with the way we went in 1st half, i thought we would put a cricket score over the grubby Raiders. Blame everything on the Hunt guy.

Some of Baker's work off the ball was pretty good. Patty is something else. So mature for someone his age. Loved how he always knew when to pass and when not to pass and cart it up. That little jink at the line before releasing the pass to Mam for Reece's try was just the chef's kiss of ball playing. Such a great footballer

"You didn’t knoooooow we had to beat ya!!!!"

I haven't watched the replay yet ... But I will (at least the first half), but can someone confirm something for me.

For the Cobbo no try, did badger say anything before the Raiders player 'kicked the ball dead" ... Because I'm trying to figure out how they got the 20m tap when they kicked the ball dead

I haven't watched the replay yet ... But I will (at least the first half), but can someone confirm something for me.

For the Cobbo no try, did badger say anything before the Raiders player 'kicked the ball dead" ... Because I'm trying to figure out how they got the 20m tap when they kicked the ball dead
Should have been a penalty to us.
However everything happened at speed and simultaneous contact as well, so im ok with it going either way.

Great win and some good attack shown. I'm a big fan of Reece running the ball rather than looking to pass all the time.

Hunt looks to be good for injury cover only. If Mariner is back next week Oates to 17, Piakura in for Hunt who goes back to Q Cup, Haas and Reynolds back and Madden, Baker and Sailor out out.

Thought Madden had a better game and Baker was ok without being a stand out.

Carrigan is the glue that has held our team together, heaps of hard straight carries followed by being a link man for tries like we used to see from Terry Matterson.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • Organix
  • thenry
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.