Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

This Boyd had created a hole for Oates with that run ... if Oates was paying attention, and cut back on the inside Oates scores.

actually Oates had a poor game by his standards ... apart from that, he also dropped an offload from Glenn, that if he caught he likely runs away to score ... and lets not mention his attempt on Chamber late in the game

I can forgive the chambers one, he was on his winger covering both waiting for his centre to catch up and was on the back foot. If he came hard at Chambers the winger goes over untouched

It’s obvious, the rule was changed at exactly whatever the time was Slater ‘scored’ on Friday night. And, as always happens in the NRL, the same thing will happen next week and the opposite decision will be made.

the thing that gets me is not so much about him drop kicking without attempting a field goal ... but rather the fact that for it to be a drop kick, the rule has always been that the ball must be INTENTIONALLY drop kicked ... not attempt a grubber, missing the ball on the full and kick it on the first bounce. in this scenario, it has always been a knock on.

and given Slater's position on the field and his reaction, it is safe to assume this was never an INTENTIONAL drop kick as the refs boss claims

Issako and Roberts were beating both on the outside so that really shows they don’t number up properly and don’t trust their inside man.

We gotta stop those 4 or 5 one out runs sets in the opposition 20. Maybe without McCullough it'll be different for a while.

I hate to say it but maybe we would be better off taking the two when we get penalties inside the opposition half, regardless of the score. We must easily be worst in the league at converting short field opportunities. At least if we take the two we get some points and get the ball back to try and fluke a long range effort...

I hate to say it but maybe we would be better off taking the two when we get penalties inside the opposition half, regardless of the score. We must easily be worst in the league at converting short field opportunities. At least if we take the two we get some points and get the ball back to try and fluke a long range effort...

I think attacking inside the 20 is probably tougher than from 30 to 50 and having them retreat the 10 each tackle. I'd seriously consider trying to kick it back to the 30m line from a penalty.

I think attacking inside the 20 is probably tougher than from 30 to 50 and having them retreat the 10 each tackle. I'd seriously consider trying to kick it back to the 30m line from a penalty.

Man that would look stupid though.

Happens all the time. Penalty on the 10, they kick it back 5-10 metres.

I can't recall seeing someone get a penalty inside the 20 and kick it back past the 30 though.

I can't recall seeing someone get a penalty inside the 20 and kick it back past the 30 though.

I don't recall either, but the "kick it further away from the line in order to establish momentum" is a thing.

I've been stewing on the drop kick try issue since the game, and there was a nagging feeling that I had seen it once before many years ago, which is why I was not as upset as other people. Finally worked it out and found out that Benji Marshall scored a similar drop kick try back in 2011.

Now personally I still think it should be a knock on, but I guess there is some precedence.

Its strange actually, though Marshall knocked it on there was actually intent for that drop kick(I still wouldn't award it but I give him at least it was an attempt with intent, even if it wasn't necessarily to score a try), I still don't think Slater intended to drop kick it at all, more a grubber if anything and it hit the ground well before kick contact, should not have been a try.

I've been stewing on the drop kick try issue since the game, and there was a nagging feeling that I had seen it once before many years ago, which is why I was not as upset as other people. Finally worked it out and found out that Benji Marshall scored a similar drop kick try back in 2011.

Now personally I still think it should be a knock on, but I guess there is some precedence.

I just enjoy watching Beau Scott getting an elbow to the head in slow-mo. Repeatedly.

Not sure if it has been mentioned as I haven't read the previous 10 pages, but in the replay of the Slater kick, the ball actually bounced twice before he kicked it. So should have been no try regardless of the rule.

Apologies if this was mentioned previously.

In the Marshall one you could argue that he kicked it before it hit the ground, like it’s not clear cut that the ball makes contact with the ground before he kicks it.

I'm more surprised about the fact that Klein completely ignored Slater.

Slater literally told him no try. He was honest about it. So Klein says try.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • Lozza
  • Dash
  • winslow_wong
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • Organix
  • Scorchie
  • Fitzy
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • bazza
  • Skyblues87
  • Rough and Ready
  • LittleDavey
  • Horseheadsup
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.