PRE-GAME Round 7 - Broncos vs Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't a couple years ago Bennett put Oates on the bench then subbed him onto the wing later in the game? Like I said early in my post in this thread I expect Mead to come on around the 60min for Oates who will move to second row with Thaiday coming off.
That won't happen.

I think the smoke and mirror angles is pretty spot on. Im sure the 17 playing have a fair idea of their spots and wouldnt be suprised if oates already knows he going to be struggling to make it but has been named to take the heat off mead in the press and whatnot. Thats something that has been done before and wb has form with it. I think the titans would definitely be planning some kicks his way if he does play, and it doesnt hurt to have them planning their exploitations of the vulnerabilities of a guy who wont be there. It means less time thinking about knicks and mogas defence. Im more worried about knick, but hope he does well.

I'd be very surprised if mead stays on the bench. I think he either swaps with Oates directly or he drops off the bench all together and we play a fourth forward. I don't see much benefit from moving Oates to he second row after playing 50-60 minutes on he wing Just to give the guy who had a good game last week a run. Especially given we already have a backrower on the bench. I might be wrong but in my opinion it doesn't make much sense.

Didn't a couple years ago Bennett put Oates on the bench then subbed him onto the wing later in the game? Like I said early in my post in this thread I expect Mead to come on around the 60min for Oates who will move to second row with Thaiday coming off.

For the first half of the 2015 season, he did.

But I think that was more Bennett forcing Oates to earn his spot in the starting 13. When he came to the club, he wasn't a big fan of the kind of person Oates was. I think he said he was too much of a party boy.

A winger on the bench is ridiculous. We tried it with maranta once. Cringe.

Five games in ISC and one game in the top grade makes him a reserve grader. He was superb last weekend and doesn't belong down there but he is still a second stringer in this club.
He was "bought for depth" "is a reserve grader" and now "a second stringer".

Are there protected species in this club or can form play a part?

Last edited:
XGVYWEj.png

Titans record at Suncorp Stadium

And the first one was a Titans home game so that one doesn't really count! Just like the American Origin game.

Maranta was a rare talent remember

The words "Maranta " and "talent" should never be in the same sentence unless it is "Maranta has NO talent except for catching balls and scoring only when not under pressure!"

The words "Maranta " and "talent" should never be in the same sentence unless it is "Maranta has NO talent except for catching balls and scoring only when not under pressure!"

I think you can put the words "Maranta" and "talent" in the same sentence.

Such as, Maranta had a lot of talent bombing tries.

Has Maranta had a run with the Reds yet?

was playing off the bench ... had a start at fullback last week (or maybe it will be this week) with Hunt injured

Arrow out 6 weeks with a broken thumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Battler
  • Waynesaurus
  • Fozz
  • Allo
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Wolfie
  • Johnny92
  • Dexter
  • Xzei
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Hurrijo
  • heartly87
  • broncoscope
  • simplythebest
  • The True King
  • the_next
  • Cavalo
  • Foordy
  • Painin the Haas
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.