PRE-GAME Round 7 - Broncos vs Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peats back this week is a shame. The Titans 1-10 looks pretty good.

Doesn't Tyrone Roberts have a fractured toe or something

I'm nervous. Any team that loses their regular halfback is a major disruption.

I much preferred the makeup of last week's eventual line up. Thaiday and Sims off the bench was a masterstroke. Hope we go that way again this week.

Or at least Sims to start esese can be first interchange.

I'm not buying that Meas comes off the bench. Something fishy is going on. Mead will start the game on the wing.

But who does that shift to the bench? The obvious choices are Oates or Kniko.

Oates to play 2nd Row?

Kahu to the halves?

Boyd to the halves, Kahu to fullback?

Boyd to the halves, Mead to fullback?

Very interesting team list.

I'm not buying that Meas comes off the bench. Something fishy is going on. Mead will start the game on the wing.

But who does that shift to the bench? The obvious choices are Oates or Kniko.

Oates to play 2nd Row?

Kahu to the halves?

Boyd to the halves, Kahu to fullback?

Boyd to the halves, Mead to fullback?

Very interesting team list.

What?
He will just shift Oates into the second row as the game progresses.

What I mean is that Milford should be setting up his outside backs/fringe forwards primarily. If he makes a break I'd expect Moga or Roberts etc to be there waiting for the offload. He can't make all the line breaks himself.

Classic example is the Thaiday try last week. Ran to the line, ball in two hands, had the defenders in two minds and managed to draw two defenders in with a quick double pump then short ball to Thaiday running a great line. A lot of that can be put down to sammy running a great line also.

This is one style of creating space close to the line which needs to happen more frequently.

Yes ! And im saying, someone of moga's size puts defenders in 2 minds .

I think it will be as it reads, 1 through 17. It's a good side.

As do I but Oates starting from the bench.

Just a hunch before anyone cracks the sads.

I read somewhere today that Mead & Oates ran together on the left for a while today when Moga was having a rest.. It's highly possible that Mead is on the bench as insurance in case Moga forgets how to tackle again.

Our kicking game and chase will help alleviate some of the pressure of not having Hunt. Those back three will go no where if we can get the ball in there 20.

Anyone know if Roberts actually defends at FB? He probably does.

I read somewhere today that Mead & Oates ran together on the left for a while today when Moga was having a rest.. It's highly possible that Mead is on the bench as insurance in case Moga forgets how to tackle again.

Isn't that just a waste of bench spot? So basically if moga chokes it up again in defence we will hook him and play with 16 players?

Isn't that just a waste of bench spot? So basically if moga chokes it up again in defence we will hook him and play with 16 players?

With Macca playing 80 it means we have the luxury of a spare seat on the pine.

Team wreaks of smoke and mirrors, wouldn't be shocked if Mead started on the wing, Kahu to Fullback, Boyd to 6, Milford to 7, Nikorima to the bench.

May as well get a head start on the Boyd & Milford experiment.

We all love playing the I would play XXX at YYY position game but Bennett doesn't. He's never been one for experimenting and making major reshuffles unless he has to. I reckon he will play the 17 he's named assuming Oates is good to play.

I think it will be as it reads, 1 through 17. It's a good side.
That's a negative. Oates is only a 50/50 chance of playing, if he suits up, Mead drops out of the side and is replaced by whoever. If Oates is unfit, Mead will start and someone will fill a bench spot. Bennett will not waste an interchange by carrying a winger on the bench unless he plans for that winger to be riding the pine for 80 mins (which also isn't reality).

Didn't a couple years ago Bennett put Oates on the bench then subbed him onto the wing later in the game? Like I said early in my post in this thread I expect Mead to come on around the 60min for Oates who will move to second row with Thaiday coming off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Battler
  • Fozz
  • Allo
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Wolfie
  • Johnny92
  • Dexter
  • Xzei
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Hurrijo
  • heartly87
  • broncoscope
  • simplythebest
  • The True King
  • the_next
  • Cavalo
  • Foordy
  • Painin the Haas
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.