PRE-GAME Round 7 - Broncos vs Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pete Badel has said that Mead will be on the bench this week with Moga retained in the starting side.

Could both knick and scarlet get selected for friday, with one on the bench? I guessing wb would most probably just pick one, but stranger things have happened. Then there is the oates selection and whether he is fit for the game and plays wing, gets selected as a forward off the bench, or left out with another week to recover? Does someone like tevita get some time in lower grades for match fitness?
So much or so little could happen and certain players might find their prospects dimmed or brightened. Im really looking forward to seeing team selection this week.

I can't see Scarlett getting picked on form.... Other reasons perhaps!

Pete Badel has said that Mead will be on the bench this week with Moga retained in the starting side.
Why would Bennett pick a winger on the bench? Maybe he plans to shift Oates into the pack later in the match. Otherwise, there is no point in it. More than likely, he will be named on an extended bench as Oates is still not a certainty of overcoming his injury.

Five games in ISC and one game in the top grade makes him a reserve grader. He was superb last weekend and doesn't belong down there but he is still a second stringer in this club.

Why would Bennett pick a winger on the bench? Maybe he plans to shift Oates into the pack later in the match. Otherwise, there is no point in it. More than likely, he will be named on an extended bench as Oates is still not a certainty of overcoming his injury.

If Oates was named to be on the bench it wouldn't be the first time a winger played off the bench, later in his career Michael Hancock came off the bench with the ability to play in the backs or the back row.

If Oates was named to be on the bench it wouldn't be the first time a winger played off the bench, later in his career Michael Hancock came off the bench with the ability to play in the backs or the back row.
Firstly, Oates won't be named on the bench as he is a big part of their offense. Remember, the Broncos hadn't scored any points till last weekend. Their attack isn't out of the woods yet especially with a major disruption in their halves. Secondly, I highly doubt Mead will be selected as a non starter (as rumoured) because he is no Mick Hancock.

Firstly, Oates won't be named on the bench as he is a big part of their offense. Remember, the Broncos hadn't scored any points till last weekend. Their attack isn't out of the woods yet especially with a major disruption in their halves. Secondly, I highly doubt Mead will be selected as a non starter (as rumoured) because he is no Mick Hancock.

Sorry mate I actually misread it as Oates coming from the bench, not Mead. I certainly wouldn't expect or want Mead to play from the bench.

1. Darius Boyd ©
2. Corey Oates
3. James Roberts
4. Tautau Moga
5. Jordan Kahu
6. Anthony Milford
7. Kodi Nikorima
8. Korbin Sims
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Adam Blair
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Matt Gillett
13. Josh McGuire
Interchange:
14. Alex Glenn
15. Tevita Pangai
16. Herman Ese’ese
17. David Mead
Reserve: Todd Murphy
Reserve: George Fai
Reserve: Jamayne Isaako
Reserve: Joe Ofahengaue

Isaako? That's moderately interesting.

Round7Team

Titans:

1. Roberts
2. Don
3. Copley
4. Hurrell
5. Robert's-Davis
6. Elgey
7. Taylor
8. Wallace
9. Peats
10. James
11. McQueen
12. Grevsmuhl
13. Simpkins

14. Lawton
15. King
16. Vaivai
17. Pulu
18. Greenwood
19. Vidot
20. Sarginson
21. Boyle

Well why would WB pick Mead I really don't get it. Also haven't heard much of isaako, any news about him?

Bennett has to name a 21 man squad, Oates maybe named on the wing but he will have to pass fitness tests during the week so why wouldn't he name Meads somewhere between 14-21 when eventually that will be cut down to 4 players anyway.

Team wreaks of smoke and mirrors, wouldn't be shocked if Mead started on the wing, Kahu to Fullback, Boyd to 6, Milford to 7, Nikorima to the bench.

May as well get a head start on the Boyd & Milford experiment.

I think it will be as it reads, 1 through 17. It's a good side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • MrMoore
  • winslow_wong
  • bb_gun
  • Financeguy
  • Sproj
  • Dreaglor
  • Allo
  • Manofoneway
  • Waynesaurus
  • Aldo
  • Lurker
  • Stix
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Dash
  • GCBRONCO
  • Santa
  • IceWorks
  • Skyblues87
  • Browny
... and 30 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.