PRE-GAME Round 7 - Broncos vs Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were Bennett, this is exactly the sort of game to let Milf cut loose. Titans down on troops, Milf coming off a confidence building performance, just find those gaps in the defence and tear them a new asshole

There's only two players that have made more meters than Moga and that is McGuire and Oates.

Moga is doing a job for Bennett and that is helping our go forward immensely.

I find meter making from backs extremely deceptive. It doesnt mean that much really. You could do nothing all game, take two length of the field intercepts and bang, you have run for almost 200 meters probably. I prefer to judge the forwards on meters ran, not backs.

Not sure where i can find his stats, but Moga at the moment has offered one try assist iirc, dont think he has made a line break has he? He has made decent meters, missed a lot of tackles and been pretty bang average in defence while offering little in attack. Pretty sure Reed, Kahu and Opacic would all have been better last season, and two of those pretty much played injured.

The good thing for me about Moga is he didnt quit, he didnt hide and showed a lot of mental toughness in that second half.

I would be pretty certain Tommy would have been well in front of Moga if he didnt have multiple shoulder surgeries in the summer. If Tom would have been fit at the start of the season, he would have been in front of Moga.

Yoy may be right but he was purely back up last year and then bennet bought moga , mead and pangai . So to say he was settled on opacic is far from the truth.

I find meter making from backs extremely deceptive. It doesnt mean that much really. You could do nothing all game, take two length of the field intercepts and bang, you have run for almost 200 meters probably. I prefer to judge the forwards on meters ran, not backs.

Not sure where i can find his stats, but Moga at the moment has offered one try assist iirc, dont think he has made a line break has he? He has made decent meters, missed a lot of tackles and been pretty bang average in defence while offering little in attack. Pretty sure Reed, Kahu and Opacic would all have been better last season, and two of those pretty much played injured.

The good thing for me about Moga is he didnt quit, he didnt hide and showed a lot of mental toughness in that second half.

Not quite sure how many, but i remember 2 and i haven't even watched a full game this year.

Yoy may be right but he was purely back up last year and then bennet bought moga , mead and pangai . So to say he was settled on opacic is far from the truth.

I didn't exactly say he was settled on Tom, but I'm fairly certain from what I know that he would have been given first opportunity to stake a claim on that position if fit.

Tbf to Tom, he was starting the season behind Reed and probably Kahu last year. Moga would have been in exactly the same situation if he was in Toms position last season.

I don't think Mead was bought in to compete for a centre berth tbh.

You hit the nail on the head i think , moga is there to attract defenders and make room for milf.

The complete opposite should be happening I reckon. Milford is there to draw defenders and make room for Moga, this is a five eights primary role, making room/creating space for his outside men.

The complete opposite should be happening I reckon. Milford is there to draw defenders and make room for Moga, this is a five eights primary role, making room/creating space for his outside men.

As it would when he makes breaks, defenders would be in two minds . In turn making room for moga amd oates / mead.

The team list tomorrow should be interesting.

There's 2 trains of thought going on right now, will Milford be named in the 6 or 7?

A) Milford isn't good enough to play Halfback and Nikorima will be our makeshift 7 until Hunt returns.
B) Milford will transition in to our full time 7 next season and will have a trial run with Hunt out for 8 weeks.

No linebreaks.

2 linebreak assists. But none made from him so far.

The team list tomorrow should be interesting.

There's 2 trains of thought going on right now, will Milford be named in the 6 or 7?

A) Milford isn't good enough to play Halfback and Nikorima will be our makeshift 7 until Hunt returns.
B) Milford will transition in to our full time 7 next season and will have a trial run with Hunt out for 8 weeks.

I imagine Milford will be named in the 6, but will be playing as a 7 during the game like he was when Hunt went off the field.

I imagine Milford will be named in the 6, but will be playing as a 7 during the game like he was when Hunt went off the field.

Agreed.

There were plenty of times where Lockyer was named at 6 when he played more like a first receiver in 2006 and 2007, I'd imagine the same would apply here with Milford.

It's worth noting Milford played the majority of his junior career in the 7 jersey.

Macca will have to do a bit more long kicking. Hopefully he'll nail a few 40/20s

Agreed.

There were plenty of times where Lockyer was named at 6 when he played more like a first receiver in 2006 and 2007, I'd imagine the same would apply here with Milford.

It's worth noting Milford played the majority of his junior career in the 7 jersey.

I can't say I have many fond memories of Locky playing more of a first receiver role.

I hope it will be different with Milford.

I can't say I have many fond memories of Locky playing more of a first receiver role.

I hope it will be different with Milford.

Agreed. Whenever he played as a 7 he was shithouse. Granted, it was often because the first choice halfback was busted and he was sharing duties with Carroll or whatever, but Locky was best calling when he felt he needed to, not directing every play.

I can agree to a point about certain statistics being deceptive for certain positions, but doing nothing all game except two length of the field intercepts probably falls less into the category of 'doing nothing all game' and more into the category of 'single handedly winning the game'.

And get screwed out of them like on Thursday night
The referees didn't make him step on the line. Macca had a blinder but that call was all on him. If you're going to attempt a 40/20 before the last the onus is on you to get your feet right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Scorchie
  • broncsgoat
  • broncotville
  • porouian
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Wild Horse
  • GCBRONCO
  • MrRobot
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
  • Tim K
  • Scdeac
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Rough and Ready
  • Gaz
  • Dexter
  • Purple Pills
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.