PRE-GAME Round 7 - Broncos vs Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oates was already going for +150m, but to play along who replaces Oates meters then??

Fact is Bennett likes big outside backs to help with the yardage game. You replace him with Opa and our go forward becomes circa 2016 with 35-40m sets again and a shit midfield bomb... but hey there's never really been complaints about that before :superhappythumbsup:

We had absolutely no problems getting down the other end of the field with Opacic in the side.

I think a lot of people don't really remember 2016 that well...

So when did opa become the saviour of our season exactly?? I must've missed when he became the next incarnation of Israel

And who will be making +200m that moga makes when he is punted

and he did that against a Roosters side who were defensively shot in the second half ...

Can someone please tell me where all the talk of Kahu not being able to defend at centre comes from?

I've never seen him have a bad defensive game in any position he's played. I'm not trying to be passive aggressive. I actually want to know what I missed ?

Oates was already going for +150m, but to play along who replaces Oates meters then??

Fact is Bennett likes big outside backs to help with the yardage game. You replace him with Opa and our go forward becomes circa 2016 with 35-40m sets again and a shit midfield bomb... but hey there's never really been complaints about that before :superhappythumbsup:

I don't think Wayne likes weak defenders like Moga is

Can someone please tell me where all the talk of Kahu not being able to defend at centre comes from?

I've never seen him have a bad defensive game in any position he's played. I'm not trying to be passive aggressive. I actually want to know what I missed ?

Round 4 2016 vs Cowboys. Watch that game.

That's just one of them.

Also the WCC vs Warrington.

The problem with Kahu is always get injured playing in centre. The other thing is Kahu is Broncos main goal kicker.

Who said anything about being a saviour? Opa is good up and comer who is sound defensively and can actually score a try or two. Anybody can run metres when you run half the field when you should be setting up your outside man for a clear run to the try line. Vidot used to chalk up the metres as well and we all know that he wasn't any good either.

Moga showed that he could set up his man . It all comes down to what Bennett wants from him , not what you , me or anybody wants . The fact is moga was first choice not 3rd like opacic was last year , im not against him coming into the side but will see what Bennett wants when he is fit.

The glaring one was the wcc and it's been identified by smokin joe to about his deficiencies. To be fair he said it about all our center options.

Round 4 2016 vs Cowboys. Watch that game.

That's just one of them.

Also the WCC vs Warrington.

I first noticed it against the Knights at Suncorp in 2015. Gagai gave him a bath in a game where Brisbane otherwise dominated. It was around that time I saw the value in Reed.

Moga has a far higher ceiling than Opa, who is basically a poverty Reed. Mead is also playing too well to be left out, plus we have Oates to come back.

and he did that against a Roosters side who were defensively shot in the second half ...
There's only two players that have made more meters than Moga and that is McGuire and Oates.

Moga is doing a job for Bennett and that is helping our go forward immensely.

There's only two players that have made more meters than Moga and that is McGuire and Oates.

Again, you are putting way too much creedence in the mtrs gained stat. It can sometimes be misleading if you are an outside back, he does a fair few hitups but never bends the line. Fans defended Vidot in the same way as he would miss and fumble his way around the park but yet gain 200+ mtrs. The difference with Vidot is that he carved out a half decent career and is still getting a gig with the Titans. Moga isn't going to work out, most reasonable fans can spot that a mile away.

I liked how solid the back line was with opacic, but i think he has to prove he can give us what we had with him before. Another consistant game or two would put pressure on moga. If moga lifts his defensive effort against the titans this weekend id leave it for a while. If not, and opacic plays solid he'd be in like flyn. How tevita's older brother going?

We don't need a centre that plays like a forward. We have forwards for that.

We need a centre that can score and create tries. Put his winger over in the corner, and also defend. Opacic was doing fine at the back end of 2016. Better than what Moga is currently doing.

Despite what some people believe, we won't have any problem getting good field position and getting in the attacking zone without Moga there. We didn't have that problem in 2016.

A lot of teams in the comp have centres that don't play like forwards, and they don't have any issue scoring points.

If Moga is there predominatley to help our go forward coming out our own end then that is a waste of a centre position.

I like opacic's defencive efforts, but moga does seem to draw defenders when he runs. That said, it doesnt compensate for his poor defence at the moment. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Rah88
  • Sproj
  • Battler
  • Big Del
  • Old Mate
  • Gaz
  • Aldo
  • Painin the Haas
  • Wolfie
  • Astro
  • pennywisealfie
  • FACTHUNT
  • Manofoneway
  • ezpz
  • Wild Horse
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skyblues87
  • theshed
  • broncotville
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.