vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Siebs is quoted as saying “But the reality is we are in a salary-cap era and the way the cap is governed and the way you have to recruit, retain and develop players, we are playing the long game.”

So that's why we're playing aimless and clueless - I never realised that we were now in a 'salary-cap era'. Glad that's cleared up. I have to ask though what era were we in previously if not a salary-cap?
What a pathetic excuse.

What a pathetic excuse.

not at all really.

Seibs and the club have taken the route that most Broncos fans were demanding they take ... i.e. going all in on our talented, but young and inexperienced players.

hell many fans are demanding the team lose even more experience by jettisoning Boyd for Niu and Milford (or Croft) for Dearden.

the problem is that by going that route, you'll have several years of inconsistent performances (especially, when you train an entire pre-season for one set of rules and then they get changed after 2 games)

and Broncos fans don't have the patience for the route they have been demanding the club take

not at all really.

Seibs and the club have taken the route that most Broncos fans were demanding they take ... i.e. going all in on our talented, but young and inexperienced players.

hell many fans are demanding the team lose even more experience by jettisoning Boyd for Niu and Milford (or Croft) for Dearden.

the problem is that by going that route, you'll have several years of inconsistent performances (especially, when you train an entire pre-season for one set of rules and then they get changed after 2 games)

and Broncos fans don't have the patience for the route they have been demanding the club take
No point keeping experience for the sake of it. Boyd is not first grade standard anymore. The problem I have is not with winning and losing or the prioritising of youth, which I agree with It's the complete lack of discipline, defense and culture, which is on the coach and the poor quality senior players.

What a pathetic excuse.
I've been negative on Seibold since about halfway through last season but no point in denouncing him for things he shouldn't be blamed for. There is more than enough material without resorting to that.

The salary cap is in a mess mainly because WB signed Boyd for 4 years on huge money when he was already going downhill. WB signed Milford on huge money for 4 years which probably could have been justified at the time though I never agreed with it personally. WB signed Bird on huge money ...... for something. I don't understand what he was thinking with Bird. Given Milford was signed to play 5/8, Boyd fullback, McGuire lock. Did he think Bird was a centre? Maybe a good idea but he would be the highest paid centre in the competition. Never looked to me to be in the top 10 of centres.

Then there is Gillett and Macca. I know the former was luckily medically retired because last year he seemed to be hurtling downhill. Letting Macca go was probably a mistake. He offered very little in attack but his defence in the middle has been missed. But I bet the Broncos are still paying a good amount of his salary.

All that is on WB, not Seibold. But Seibold should have done much better with what he has had.

Last edited:
anyone know much about the ref for this game, Peter Gough ... i don't recall about seeing him ref a game before

Broncos will win this game, but it will be a close one. Watch the scoreboard and if either team get too far ahead be sure there will be some handy-dandy helper penalties. I will only change this prediction if the betting odds shift close to kick-off. It doesn't do to have Brisbane losing so many in a row. The team is capitulating too easily now and they need to get some confidence back. This game will more than likely be the best reffed game we have seen in weeks.

anyone know much about the ref for this game, Peter Gough ... i don't recall about seeing him ref a game before
Young buck from the Sunny Coast. Has some runs on the board but I'm not sure about as main single ref

There's an article about him and also Jackson Shearer (son of Dale) being some of the up-and-comers in the reffing system. I wonder how they will enjoy QLD/QRL refs calling Broncos games.

Last edited:

Hopefully he gives us most the good calls. we deserve it.

From the Sunny Coast, ISC ref first.
[automerge]1593121030[/automerge]
Yeah and should have played for Australia but was another great Queenslander fucked over by NSW *****.

Dr Hobbs was a Queenslander.

Last edited:
From the Sunny Coast, ISC ref first.
[automerge]1593121030[/automerge]

Dr Hobbs was a Queenslander.

Which just makes him a traitor.

Which just makes him a traitor.

I am sure he thought he was right and I would like to think he had the best intention to look after Des, but no one else has ever found this heart murmur and Des is well and truly still alive and going well. I find it hard to believe the QRL Doctor had a set against Des.

I am sure he thought he was right and I would like to think he had the best intention to look after Des, but no one else has ever found this heart murmur and Des is well and truly still alive and going well. I find it hard to believe the QRL Doctor had a set against Des.
I don't.
Des always said he didn't get on with him and he made Des do various "warm up" excercises before testing him which apparently no one else had to do.
As you say no one else ever found this particular condition with Des. If it was really an issue he should have been referred to a cardiologist. The whole thing had a bad smell about it.

I’d love to see him at 6.

He played in the halves when Tonga beat Australia. By all accounts he went alright though I started rewatching the game a few days ago and only got through the first half. He was pretty uninvolved from the part of the game I saw but maybe he picks up during the second half.

edit: that makes me wonder, maybe we should keep an eye on how Kristian Woolf goes in the SL, he did an amazing job with that Tongan team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • lynx000
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosarethebest
  • marw
  • RolledOates
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.