vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
WB was told that recruitment would not be his call when he went to Souths. It’s not unbelievable.

then he went ahead and signed Roberts and Su'A ... unlikely to be choices of the Souths recruitment team.

there was also a recent report that Souths were "starting" to distance Bennett from player recruitment decisions since he'll be gone at the end of 2021, with JD to take control ... hardly sounds like a club that didn't allow the head coach to make the call on recruitment and retention

then he went ahead and signed Roberts and Su'A ... unlikely to be choices of the Souths recruitment team.

there was also a recent report that Souths were "starting" to distance Bennett from player recruitment decisions since he'll be gone at the end of 2021, with JD to take control ... hardly sounds like a club that didn't allow the head coach to make the call on recruitment and retention

From memory there was a lot of resistance from Souths to sign Roberts.

From memory there was a lot of resistance from Souths to sign Roberts.

Don't blame them. He's been dogshit since going there. He's had his troubles come up again sure, but to be purely pragmatic, that's only another reason not to have signed him

Don't blame them. He's been dogshit since going there. He's had his troubles come up again sure, but to be purely pragmatic, that's only another reason not to have signed him
I have to be honest and admit I had a pang of regret that we had seen his best already when I saw the highlights of him in a Broncos jersey last night on the intro to Ch9's coverage. I'd honestly forgot how much joy he had brought me in a Broncos jersey. i also have to add none of his highlights were in that dogshit version of a jersey we are wearing now either!

Seibold intends to use Dearden as a replacement hooker:

“Tommy is there to cover Issac Luke, I don’t think Issac is ready to play 80 minutes yet so we’ve got Tom there as cover. He is a really smart footy player. He is very good with his passing and kicking and is a tough kid defensively. He doesn’t have to make many decisions in the middle. His lack of game time would have put him under pressure (in the halves).”

“His presence on the bench isn’t to try and get Milly and Crofty concerned about their positions. He is there to cover Issac Luke who’s only been here a week and played 50 minutes against the Knights. I don’t think we need Issac playing the full 80 minutes."

F57574a5df691703c9e065a2cdc928ff

Dearden: I'm not pulling your finger.

“Tommy will cover for the halves if they pick up a bump, but his role this week is purely out of dummy-half. We believe and he believes he can do a good job there. When we get some footy Milf can get into the game. We haven’t adapted or adjusted to the new (rule) interpretations in any way shape or form. We’ve been heavily penalised through ruck infringements and we haven’t adapted to that."

“We’ve been unable to stop momentum and it’s really hard for your halves if you don’t have field position or the footy. Milf and Crofty have had to defend for seven out of the eight halves we’ve played. Milly will get better, I haven’t lost belief in him or Crofty. I know if we get an even share of footy Milly and Crofty can do their thing.”

McHunt

Last edited:
Why say that Dearden isn't there to pressure Milf/Croft? FFS. You'd at least want them to think there's competition for their spot...

Because this coach doesn't think before he speaks. And honestly, any coach who thinks Boyd is still good enough to be in the NRL and to especially say he is the best centre at the club isn't good enough unless they have no choice on who gets picked.

Why say that Dearden isn't there to pressure Milf/Croft? FFS. You'd at least want them to think there's competition for their spot...

I just think he's trying to talk it down, don't put any undue pressure on a 19 year old by inviting a direct comparison. Also shows some belief in his halves who have been battered the past month.

I don't like him being that transparent. I would have kept it vauge - something along the lines of 'you've all seen what he's capable of coming through the grades and on the training paddock. we've got all the faith in the world Tommy can go out there and do a job for us.'

The Broncos aren't hiring right now, but surely they'd take on a few volunteers who could write him a couple of scripts?

I'd consider everyone except for Wolfie and McHunt who would only script his retirement speech.

I just think he's trying to talk it down, don't put any undue pressure on a 19 year old by inviting a direct comparison. Also shows some belief in his halves who have been battered the past month.

I don't like him being that transparent. I would have kept it vauge - something along the lines of 'you've all seen what he's capable of coming through the grades and on the training paddock. we've got all the faith in the world Tommy can go out there and do a job for us.'

The Broncos aren't hiring right now, but surely they'd take on a few volunteers who could write him a couple of scripts?

I'd consider everyone except for Wolfie and McHunt who would only script his retirement speech.
Also would not consider Goat, Abashii, Accept - hmm could be a long list.

Reverse psychology !!

He wants it to really sting when they get surprised dropped next week

Coz milf will shit his pants under pressure

Pretty funny that the coach has to come out and protect a 1million dollar protected species. Either pull your weight, or get out and let Tom run the show.

The Broncos have a good opportunity here.

If they can just turn up, the next three weeks will be a good springboard to get some confidence back in the side and get their season back on track.

The Titans, the Warriors who you can tell are mentally shot due to their circumstances and then the Bulldogs.

That run is an opportunity that all struggling sides pray for. It's up to them to take it now.

The Broncos have a good opportunity here.

If they can just turn up, the next three weeks will be a good springboard to get some confidence back in the side and get their season back on track.

The Titans, the Warriors who you can tell are mentally shot due to their circumstances and then the Bulldogs.

That run is an opportunity that all struggling sides pray for. It's up to them to take it now.

I honestly just dont see us losing any of our next 3 games.

Just to get to the stage where we are considered 'a fair way off but a mathematical chance' will require three games.

I mean how serious would ANY media type take us even if we did ?

The Broncos are not going to make those floggings a memory until they win the next ten straight and even then it would still live in the back of our minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BruiserMk1
  • Johnny92
  • Mustafur
  • bert_lifts
  • ChewThePhatt
  • cento
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mick_Hancock
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.