Round 7 Discussion

You know what's ironic about the storm.

Even with the wrestle neutered by 6 agains, they just adapt and continue to dominate.

Lose greats of the game? Replace them with the next generation of greats.

They're what we were in the 90s.

because that's what it took.

similiar situation to Fifita (although on a smaller scale). e.g. why would the Titans offer Fifita $1.2 million, when their only other rivals for his signature tapped out at 800k
That is, quite literally, the $400,000 question .. I’ve often mentioned the Dragons’ Ben Hunt deal in the same light.. who on earth was offering Hunt $1.1 million, forcing the Dragons to settle on $1.2million ??

Yep and we need to fix that asap but it's easy pointing fingers from the outside, I'll wait and see what happens then I will give my opinion.
Surely we will have some signings in the future.

I hope Kevvie is looking to the future now and this is 99% of his focus. This year was always a write off but if he gets it right, we could be very competitive next season. Just need to bring in a few key pieces, extend some key players and bring their contracts weighted forward into next year and then keep up to $1.6 million for Grant from 23 and make sure he knows its there.

why do so many people want to sign Bellamy to a coaching director role ... we'll be spending $10 million+ over 10 years to give an untried coaching director a role. someone who will still likely have far less influence than the head coach.

people might have a point if we were signing him as coach (but he would also need time to fix our systems and rosters, it wouldn't happen overnight).

he may or may not be a success in that role ... if he isn't an instant success BHQ will blow up deluxe about our management spending that sort of cash (over that long a contract) to get him here.
Might be able to identify the right rookies better.
Might be able to make Broncos a more attractive destination again.
Will people really care how much money the Broncos spend if its uncapped? No one really cares about the """high""" performance centre.
10 years is probably a long time though.

why do so many people want to sign Bellamy to a coaching director role ... we'll be spending $10 million+ over 10 years to give an untried coaching director a role. someone who will still likely have far less influence than the head coach.

people might have a point if we were signing him as coach (but he would also need time to fix our systems and rosters, it wouldn't happen overnight).

he may or may not be a success in that role ... if he isn't an instant success BHQ will blow up deluxe about our management spending that sort of cash (over that long a contract) to get him here.
Yep.. must admit I was sold on the idea at first but having thought about it, if you’re outlaying that much money you want the full Bellamy experience and you’re not going to get that with him in a part time, hands off role like that..

I also struggle to see how Bellamy would know how to adopt a role where he isn’t in full control, having been in total control of everything at the Storm for two decades

Chechin was like 14m back there. Curran was 10m back. Bullshit penalty

You know what's ironic about the storm.

Even with the wrestle neutered by 6 agains, they just adapt and continue to dominate.

Lose greats of the game? Replace them with the next generation of greats.

They're what we were in the 90s.
They're a quality team but the new interpretations have backfired big time and if anything it just minimises whatever influence the officials have on the contest. Teams are working players as much as they ever have and to make things worse they're constantly off-side.

Can't bash the warriors tonight. No Harris to plug the defensive holes around the middle.

Be interesting to see if Roger is happy to play out the season on the wing since he's off to rugby next year.

Inconclusive so the cheats can keep their challenge... what a surprise 🙄 🙄

It's sad when other team's second string spine options are better than our best
Would any of our spine be starting elsewhere? Isaako and Croft wouldn't. Dearden might get a go next to an experienced half. Turpin maybe off the bench somewhere.

Would any of our spine be starting elsewhere? Isaako and Croft wouldn't. Dearden might get a go next to an experienced half. Turpin maybe off the bench somewhere.
No chance. Maybe Turpin since the NRL isn't flush with 9s.

They're a quality team but the new interpretations have backfired big time and if anything it just minimises whatever influence the officials have on the contest. Teams are working players as much as they ever have and to make things worse they're constantly off-side.
The ruck is noticeably faster than pre-2020 though.

It's a nice change from disgustingly slow gang tackles, working them on the ground, then peeling off one by one.

Pretty clear knock on... uses the ground to get control of the ball

Active Now

• Ondi
  • Culhwch
  • Aldo
  • sooticus
  • Jazza
  • Maroon4life
  • Behold
  • broncos4life
  • Galah
  • lynx000
  • Broncosgirl
  • LittleDavey
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.