vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
As well, I think I recall Kevvie saying he was disappointed we didn't play to the plan (it seems) to use Haas and TPJ close to their line. Maybe Moses will reap the benefit of our better execution next week.

Why did it take Kevvie 6 weeks to get stuck into the team? Should have been like that from the start IMO.
Maybe because you need to form connections with people before you can judge them. Siebold came in with a high and mighty attitude and it didn't rub them the right way, then he decided to try and shield them from the truth. The other extreme is the bloke currently coaching the cowboys, has come in with his hard tough guy attitude and rubbed everyone the wrong way including his best player.

Kev is smarter then that and has learnt from the best, there is reason everyone was looking right at Kev when he got stuck in. It's because they respect him, not just because his name is Walters and he won a bunch of premierships. It's because they like, trust and respect him, from the look of it they wanted him to be proud of them, next they will be willing to bleed for him. That's good coaching, you have to earn respect in this game, no matter who you are or what you have achieved prior.

A prop playing halfback would be a stupid idea. Much like the idea of wasting Haas on an edge.
Honestly could play TPJ as a seven these days, I honestly think he has best passing game in our team legit skills of an half all day.

I am convinced he is the most naturally talented forward I have ever seen, If he adds a bit of conviction to his game, they will name cities in his name.

Honestly could play TPJ as a seven these days, I honestly think he has best passing game in our team legit skills of an half all day.

I am convinced he is the most naturally talented forward I have ever seen, If he adds a bit of conviction to his game, they will name cities in his name.
I’d have to say that when it came to natural skill and ability, Dave Taylor was head and shoulders above any other forward I’ve seen.

When he was playing for St Brendan’s he truly was a 7 in a props body like the commentators always waxed lyrical about. He could run wide in the centres and even gaol kick, nailing them from the sideline.

When it came to rugby league, he could literally do everything, except apply himself in his professional career.

I don't think Turpin is more than serviceable as a hooker but he does have a few things that should give people pause.
1. Work ethic. He is the hardest worker on the field. Like macca before him he works damn hard. He has more zip than macca but is inconsistent in using it and his performance drops off dramatically in the last 20 minutes.
2. He is a team player. Ask him to play half? No problem. Need someone to guard a lazy prop? He's there. He lacks the game vision of better hookers but if you tell him to do something he will follow orders.
3. He's young. He still has time to be a better player and is showing that he can learn. There was kick for a 40-20 against penrith that was absolutely the right move. If he got it right we probably win but it still had them deep in a corner and took an amazing pick up to diffuse.
4. He's cheap. The money you save over better hookers allows you to look at quality fullbacks, second rowers or just keep the amazing young props we have.
I'm not saying a Harry grant or Brandon smith would not be welcome, but I wouldnt be thinking its them or bust either.

I’d have to say that when it came to natural skill and ability, Dave Taylor was head and shoulders above any other forward I’ve seen.

When he was playing for St Brendan’s he truly was a 7 in a props body like the commentators always waxed lyrical about. He could run wide in the centres and even gaol kick, nailing them from the sideline.

When it came to rugby league, he could literally do everything, except apply himself in his professional career.
Considering what he has done, I don't think Dave Taylor was at the level of what TPJ has shown, definitely close but TPJs skills with the ball that defy logic for a person who is basically our biggest player.

Doesn't even need to try to be the best off loader in the competition(easily has this title).

My brain tells me he did play halfback or 5/8 once. It could have been another giant but I remember something that silly.

My brain tells me he did play halfback or 5/8 once. It could have been another giant but I remember something that silly.
I could be wrong, but I seem to remember he got dropped by the Titans to reserve grade and he played in the halves for Tweed or Burleigh or whichever team it was, he had a monster game from memory setting up tries and scoring a few himself.

The only player I would be omitting from this game is Flegler, who is at best an ordinary liability, even as a bench prop option. I would be replacing him with Kennedy and bringing Farnworth back in for Kennar who drops straight out. Dearden was definitely the weakest part of our spine on the night but he still tried his guts out, and deserves a chance to build on his combination with Croft. It's not like Isaako was anything better than solid either and nobody is calling for his head, even after the braindead kicks on the first tackle and the field goal attempt.

I dearly hope Kev doesn't hit the panic button and brings Milford back in. Between how the side performed last night and Lodge's comments to the media, he clearly doesn't command the trust of his teammates. Kev also needs to maintain the sort of passion that he showed in the pre-game rev up. That's the sort of verbaling this team needs to cop before every game until they can prove they can deliver what they did last night consistently.

1. Isaako
2. Oates
3. Farnworth
4. Mead
5. Coates
6. Dearden
7. Croft
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Lodge
11. Glenn (c)
12. TPJ
13. Carrigan

14. Asiata
15. Kennedy
16. Bullemor
17. Riki
And once k hunt is ready, mead should be dropped

Considering what he has done, I don't think Dave Taylor was at the level of what TPJ has shown, definitely close but TPJs skills with the ball that defy logic for a person who is basically our biggest player.
He has a fairly good motor too. He's not Haas though and can run himself down like Turpin
Hug3245485 said:
I seem to remember playing in the halves for South's as a stop gap measure during a game but that was it. He sure had some skills, particularly that little grubber of his.
I think kasiano started a game for the bulldogs when literally everyone else was down and I think he's right that Dave Taylor was playing in the halves as a stop gap measure for South's in a game. Both blokes were pretty canny players though.
I don't see tevita being allowed anywhere near the halves, even as an emergency, but he could develop a "graham" style prop role. Certainly Asiata can do it and I'd love him and tevita to run together in games.

I thought our PTB were a lot better vs the Panthers building momentum for some attack, though one aspect I think we all want to see improvement is dummy half runs.

Turpin only 2 runs for 13 metres, definitely want to see more in this area but I feel Turps is a bit gassed from the defensive workload. He needs a sub.

And once k hunt is ready, mead should be dropped
I'm not fully convinced K Hunt will pull on our jersey again. Barring serious injuries to our halves I think he is just there to mentor the guys during mid-week training. Pretty much in the same mold as Petro mentoring the forwards.

I would like to see him play but he would need to spend a serious amount of work getting NRL fit and sharpen up his defence considerably before that would happen. His experience and leadership from centre would no doubt benefit our halves.

He has a fairly good motor too. He's not Haas though and can run himself down like Turpin
I seem to remember playing in the halves for South's as a stop gap measure during a game but that was it. He sure had some skills, particularly that little grubber of his.
I think kasiano started a game for the bulldogs when literally everyone else was down and I think he's right that Dave Taylor was playing in the halves as a stop gap measure for South's in a game. Both blokes were pretty canny players though.
I don't see tevita being allowed anywhere near the halves, even as an emergency, but he could develop a "graham" style prop role. Certainly Asiata can do it and I'd love him and tevita to run together in games.
Oh, I'd never be considering TPJ for anywhere but his current role. I am just struggling to understand why anyone would think it was a terrible idea to have Haas do a little less grunt work.

I'm not fully convinced K Hunt will pull on our jersey again. Barring serious injuries to our halves I think he is just there to mentor the guys during mid-week training. Pretty much in the same mold as Petro mentoring the forwards.

I would like to see him play but he would need to spend a serious amount of work getting NRL fit and sharpen up his defence considerably before that would happen. His experience and leadership from centre would no doubt benefit our halves.
Totally agree but I have raised my injury concerns here recently and KHunt will be a decent back up.

Oh, I'd never be considering TPJ for anywhere but his current role. I am just struggling to understand why anyone would think it was a terrible idea to have Haas do a little less grunt work.
I’ve been saying it for a while, I’d actually love to have Haas run wider when we are in the opposition 20. Not every set, but every now and then and in particular, stand 3 in at scrums.

Him on one side, TPJ on the other. They don’t even need to get the ball, just run a decoy line and draw in defenders. A smooth set play could work really well with those blokes creating concerns for the defensive line.

I’ve been saying it for a while, I’d actually love to have Haas run wider when we are in the opposition 20. Not every set, but every now and then and in particular, stand 3 in at scrums.

Him on one side, TPJ on the other. They don’t even need to get the ball, just run a decoy line and draw in defenders. A smooth set play could work really well with those blokes creating concerns for the defensive line.
Exactly. Haas will still make metres but I'd want to see a bit of rehearsal with regards to him offloading more. Everyone near him, especially Dearden would need to be alert and looking for the offload. You're also right with how much defence he'd draw to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • broncos4life
  • bert_lifts
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Footy Fanatic
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Bish
  • Morkel
  • FACTHUNT
  • Galah
  • Old Mate
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Manofoneway
  • The True King
  • Sproj
  • Battler
  • Mr Fourex
  • Broncosgirl
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.