vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see this. I genuinely hope Milford plays ISC at fullback, I think playing at 1 is his best chance to get back into the NRL.
He’d have to wait for Niu to get injured to get picked at fullback for Souths.

I expect a much worse performance from them next week. They won’t be able to back that up after still losing. If we had of won that game I would have been very confident that we would win this game. We would have got a lot of confidence out of the win and we might have been able to carry it on into next week.

Because we lost I expect a very flat performance and I know what this team is like.

I really hope I’m wrong but if the last 3 years is anything to go by we come out and play like shit next week and Eels put a score on us. Eels to win by about 20 if the Broncos don’t aim up

Why did it take Kevvie 6 weeks to get stuck into the team? Should have been like that from the start IMO.

Why did it take Kevvie 6 weeks to get stuck into the team? Should have been like that from the start IMO.

Maybe but it could be that he didn't want to come across as another Seifail. He came in, gave the boys ownership of the team, it didn't work. He gave everyone a month to prove themselves or not and now he is starting to stamp his authority.

Basically,

Step 1 - Get the fun back
Step 2 - Unify and win them over
Step 3 - Work toward being competitive
Step 4 - Start to take over more and enforce accountability
Step 5 - Start to mould your squad and demand improvement

Maybe but it could be that he didn't want to come across as another Seifail. He came in, gave the boys ownership of the team, it didn't work. He gave everyone a month to prove themselves or not and now he is starting to stamp his authority.

Basically,

Step 1 - Get the fun back
Step 2 - Unify and win them over
Step 3 - Work toward being competitive
Step 4 - Start to take over more and enforce accountability
Step 5 - Start to mould your squad and demand improvement

Step 6 - Enjoy Pangai destroy Moses

No, this has been my thinking for quite some time. Haas has a good offload and is great on his feet and because of that he can create opportunities. If he is simply being used to batter a path up the middle those extra talents are wasted. Lodge proves you can run straight and hard and make metres, why not give him a partner for that narrow and specific task.

It had nothing to do with last nights game, I've wanted Haas terrorising halves and centres for ages.
Just because you have been thinking it for some time, doesn't make it less stupid.

Haas is a prop. Always has been, always will be.

Just because you have been thinking it for some time, doesn't make it less stupid.

Haas is a prop. Always has been, always will be.
In your opinion and we all know how often you get stuff wrong. I don't dispute Haas is a prop but so is Carrigan and TPJ, doesn't mean a prop cannot play halfback if the coach wants!

In your opinion and we all know how often you get stuff wrong. I don't dispute Haas is a prop but so is Carrigan and TPJ, doesn't mean a prop cannot play halfback if the coach wants!
A prop playing halfback would be a stupid idea. Much like the idea of wasting Haas on an edge.

A prop playing halfback would be a stupid idea. Much like the idea of wasting Haas on an edge.
Shows you just how dumb you can be. Instead of stupidly blithering on about how terrible it would be an intelligent adult would probably support their derision with a reason. Exactly why would Haas be wasted ? Lost metres you think?

The only player I would be omitting from this game is Flegler, who is at best an ordinary liability, even as a bench prop option. I would be replacing him with Kennedy and bringing Farnworth back in for Kennar who drops straight out. Dearden was definitely the weakest part of our spine on the night but he still tried his guts out, and deserves a chance to build on his combination with Croft. It's not like Isaako was anything better than solid either and nobody is calling for his head, even after the braindead kicks on the first tackle and the field goal attempt.

I dearly hope Kev doesn't hit the panic button and brings Milford back in. Between how the side performed last night and Lodge's comments to the media, he clearly doesn't command the trust of his teammates. Kev also needs to maintain the sort of passion that he showed in the pre-game rev up. That's the sort of verbaling this team needs to cop before every game until they can prove they can deliver what they did last night consistently.

1. Isaako
2. Oates
3. Farnworth
4. Mead
5. Coates
6. Dearden
7. Croft
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Lodge
11. Glenn (c)
12. TPJ
13. Carrigan

14. Asiata
15. Kennedy
16. Bullemor
17. Riki

Shows you just how dumb you can be. Instead of stupidly blithering on about how terrible it would be an intelligent adult would probably support their derision with a reason. Exactly why would Haas be wasted ? Lost metres you think?
He would be wasted because he is one of the best metre eaters in the comp, which is vitally important. He is also someone who struggles laterally defensively, which often is exposed, and would be exposed even more so on an edge. Did I mention that he is an amazing metre eater, and I'd prefer he wasn't used on an edge and only getting the ball occasionally. But you're right, he has such an amazing offload. The grand total of 1 he has made so far this year was elite.

I kinda went with it being such a bad idea, it didn't need to be explained.

Given the forward pack we have and the over abundance of props, trialling him as a second rower would be interesting. It certainly isn't the worst idea by any means. In fact, it is quite an enticing idea with his motor, size and speed. Certainly far more plausible than arguing Tuprin is a top 3/5 hooker.

Given the forward pack we have and the over abundance of props, trialling him as a second rower would be interesting. It certainly isn't the worst idea by any means. In fact, it is quite an enticing idea with his motor, size and speed. Certainly far more plausible than arguing Tuprin is a top 3/5 hooker.

I can only imagine the tries and busted halves with TPJ and Haas on either edge in their 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• matthewransom34@ic
  • Sproj
  • Financeguy
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • Santa
  • Thelmus
  • Foordy
  • Manifesto
  • Brocko
  • broncs30
  • Manofoneway
  • ivanhungryjak
  • mystico
  • jd87
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Griffo
  • Xzei
  • Mum-the-meatloaf
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.