vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been saying it for a while, I’d actually love to have Haas run wider when we are in the opposition 20. Not every set, but every now and then and in particular, stand 3 in at scrums.

Him on one side, TPJ on the other. They don’t even need to get the ball, just run a decoy line and draw in defenders. A smooth set play could work really well with those blokes creating concerns for the defensive line.

That's pretty much how the Panthers used Kikau for their second try, running a decoy, sucking in 3 defenders (exposing our shitty defence out wide) . In fact, that's the work Kikau does off the ball which adds so much to their attack out wide. Haas and TPJ would have a field day doing the same, or getting the ball close to the line.

On our defence out wide, it still really worries me for the Eels game. There was no numbering up, nobody organising the defensive line. The Eels will destroy us on the edges if we repeat this shit. Isaako needs to organise the defence and Kennar needs to be dropped and never seen again.

That's pretty much how the Panthers used Kikau for their second try, running a decoy, sucking in 3 defenders (exposing our shitty defence out wide) . In fact, that's the work Kikau does off the ball which adds so much to their attack out wide. Haas and TPJ would have a field day doing the same, or getting the ball close to the line.

On our defence out wide, it still really worries me for the Eels game. There was no numbering up, nobody organising the defensive line. The Eels will destroy us on the edges if we repeat this shit. Isaako needs to organise the defence and Kennar needs to be dropped and never seen again.
It was Kennar who batted the ball back to TPJ for his try and some of his carries out of our own end were top notch. I think you’re being a bit harsh on a winger being asked to fill in at centre.

It was Kennar who batted the ball back to TPJ for his try and some of his carries out of our own end were top notch. I think you’re being a bit harsh on a winger being asked to fill in at centre.

Well, yeah I am being harsh. If you are playing centre and against the top team, you watch what is happening, concentrate on your positioning, look at the play unfolding. Instead, Kennar simply waltzed up, fixated on Kikau and oblivious to what was happening on his outside. I don't care if he is a winger. If you play centre, you are not on the wing. Whether you are wing or anywhere, basic footie IQ says there there is as much play off the ball as with it so you exercise due diligence required in your position and look at the play as it unfolds, not ignore everything except the decoy.

As well, probably the main issue here is that there was nobody organising the defensive line, yelling at Kennar and Coates who was back near the try line while the Panthers developed their bleeding obvious overlap. For mine, this is one of Isaako's biggest weakness so far as FB, and Coates needs to wake up out on the wing in defence. There is no Gagai to save his arse.

Kennar is definitely a risk and a work in progress. He does a lot of good work but he does need a lift in a couple small but important areas. I like what he brings but his defence and decision making can cause anxiety.

I dont think if both players played at their maximum ability TPJ is close to the Coal Train. Big Dave should have been the greatest forward to have ever played the game. He literally had everything you want from a forward plus he could play make and kick. Bloke was a deadset freak really, he just didnt have any desire.

I dont think if both players played at their maximum ability TPJ is close to the Coal Train. Big Dave should have been the greatest forward to have ever played the game. He literally had everything you want from a forward plus he could play make and kick. Bloke was a deadset freak really, he just didnt have any desire.

Doesn't that remind you of someone

Canberra have run the Eels back into form...

We need to find a way to shut down Mahoney and Papali'i otherwise they're gonna roll us in the middle and on the edge

Not a good result for broncos I think... eels are a top 4 team so them coming in confident is not going to be great for us

perhaps they come in over confident and complacent and we can get a jump on them.... but it could also reinforce them with belief in their systems, which is exactly what a flat track bully wants.

will also be interesting to see how the NSWRL media spin this week’s narrative.

Game against panthers was all about panthers being a group of cocky young little ***** (siege mentality), but not sure how they spin a stock standard win by the eels.

We need to find a way to shut down Mahoney and Papali'i otherwise they're gonna roll us in the middle and on the edge
Papa killed us in round 1 off the bench.... I’d say the best way to shut him down at the moment is for Matterson to come back into the starting side.

Doesn't that remind you of someone
I too think Taylor had as much skill as Milford but unlike Milford there wasn't anything he couldn't do. No way could Milford ever be the most dominant forward in any match but there wasn't a match where Taylor couldn't be if he decided he would be. He could do that and still have playmaking when he felt like it. I remember WB hating him doing anything unscripted but Taylor should have just been let be. I always thought he'd win you more games than the opposite. I thought many pies ago that you'd just get him fit and tell him to do whatever the **** he likes and everyone else, follow the big kid around. So much fun with Dave.

The only player I would be omitting from this game is Flegler, who is at best an ordinary liability, even as a bench prop option. I would be replacing him with Kennedy and bringing Farnworth back in for Kennar who drops straight out. Dearden was definitely the weakest part of our spine on the night but he still tried his guts out, and deserves a chance to build on his combination with Croft. It's not like Isaako was anything better than solid either and nobody is calling for his head, even after the braindead kicks on the first tackle and the field goal attempt.

I dearly hope Kev doesn't hit the panic button and brings Milford back in. Between how the side performed last night and Lodge's comments to the media, he clearly doesn't command the trust of his teammates. Kev also needs to maintain the sort of passion that he showed in the pre-game rev up. That's the sort of verbaling this team needs to cop before every game until they can prove they can deliver what they did last night consistently.

1. Isaako
2. Oates
3. Farnworth
4. Mead
5. Coates
6. Dearden
7. Croft
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Lodge
11. Glenn (c)
12. TPJ
13. Carrigan

14. Asiata
15. Kennedy
16. Bullemor
17. Riki
Like this. Especially Kennedy in for Flegler. I would like to see Niu back in though. Mead is a competitor, but he's not a centre. Niu has had a week off, bring him back in is my call. He wasn't shocking or anything. I don't understand leaving a young centre out of the side for an old winger to play in his place. Let him be part of the resurgence.

Like this. Especially Kennedy in for Flegler. I would like to see Niu back in though. Mead is a competitor, but he's not a centre. Niu has had a week off, bring him back in is my call. He wasn't shocking or anything. I don't understand leaving a young centre out of the side for an old winger to play in his place. Let him be part of the resurgence.
Niu is a fullback, and is struggling defensively leave him in cup with Milf and Khunt for a month or so.

He would be defending that man beast Papali'i, so that's a no form me dog, unless we want to be down by 30 at half time. but a yes for Kennedy, he deserves a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Locky field goal
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Manofoneway
  • BroncosAlways
  • Ejbroncos
  • Fitzy
  • Nerd
  • Broncos Maestro
  • heartly87
  • ChewThePhatt
  • achievedrap
  • Tmac
  • Galah
  • Griffo
  • Big Del
  • johnny plath
  • Strop
  • Wolfie
  • Thelmus
... and 50 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.