[Round 8, 2021] Broncos vs Titans

To be a fly on the wall in kevies dressing room. I’d be that weird guy repeating whatever he says 😂

After 20 mins I was going to say **** Isaako off to funking Uranus, but he bought himself a little time now

I know plenty wont and dont agree with me, but i've never believed we should be a bottom 4 side. We have plenty of ability here and should be a lot higher up the ladder. We should have done better last year, and we should be doing better this year. Win this and we have a good springbooard for the rest of the year.
i think plenty do agree with you even the so called experts say the same thing.

its not the skilil set we are lacking its the mental toughness. and for how talented all our players are they are so very weak mentally and that is half the battle in professional sport.

the thing is every one of our players would excel at another club surrounded by differant players. but as a group they are pretty abysmal.

sadly i just dont see this group ever turning it around. there will have to be mass changes to make the team freel fresh its really the only solution when a team gets this low imo.

What happened to the whole red zone, blue zone huddles?

That was a crazy opening to the game. I thought the Broncos weathered the early onslaught and actually put together a quality opening set. Then I blinked and suddenly the Gold Coast were up 22-0. The defence was just awful from the Broncos, no line-speed, poor contact and they were defending as individuals. I called out Lodge specifically because of his awful kick pressure on Fogarty followed by that work around the ruck. I think it was too little too late but it's good to see Kennedy take his opportunity and in a loose game like this where he isn't going to get folded in two his second phase can be quite deadly.

The highlight has been the push to give the ball to Coates. It's been my biggest disappointment with the Broncos following the opening game, he's clearly great with some space but they rarely get it to him. Great play from Gamble and Pangai Jr to identify this and just get it to him.

Also I 100% agree with you Wolfie and to your point, that play from Gamble to just dive on the loose ball and work for a quick play the ball was the best play from any Broncos player in the half. Just smart play that showed some restraint which has been so sorely lacking from the playmakers for some time now.

However all that means nothing if they don't go on with it in the second half.

I love that we haven't used flegler or Bullemore yet. Those two could be MASSIVE inpact player. Flegler with his size ans Bullemore with his leg speed in this game is huge. Watch for those two fresh.

i think plenty do agree with you even the so called experts say the same thing.

its not the skilil set we are lacking its the mental toughness. and for how talented all our players are they are so very weak mentally and that is half the battle in professional sport.

the thing is every one of our players would excel at another club surrounded by differant players. but as a group they are pretty abysmal.

sadly i just dont see this group ever turning it around. there will have to be mass changes to make the team freel fresh its really the only solution when a team gets this low imo.

I think the mental side of a lot of it comes from a lack of experience to help the younger players out.

Serious question, do we knock over a field goal early on?

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • The True King
  • BRC088
  • johnny plath
  • FACTHUNT
  • Howie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.