vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
They used to get too carried away with the tribalism. Football imo is just a better product all round than RL. Suncorp is like a library compared to Football grounds in England.
I do appreciate it as a sport, a good team goal is something beautiful to watch, but too many draws imo. And to lose a gf to penalty shootouts is pretty shit.

I do appreciate it as a sport, a good team goal is something beautiful to watch, but too many draws imo. And to lose a gf to penalty shootouts is pretty shit.

Nothing wrong with draws. I've seen heaps of really entertaining games that ended up 0-0. I dont think every game needs a winner and a loser when we are talking about just a normal league season. The best team over 38 games wins the league. I think thats a better system than the NRL personally.

Totally agree about penalties. Its a shitty way to lose a game but i suppose its good drama. I cant stand golden point either tbh. Should just be extra time and if we dont get a winner its a draw.

This is probably gonna age really badly but I have a very sneaky suspicion we will put in our best performance of the year tonight. Given the refs performances the last few weeks though I am not sure it will be enough to overcome some "bad luck"...

If the the English game has atmosphere you need to experience a Rangers v Celtic game in Glasgow.

Mum and Dad would not allow me to go to the game unless I promised to wear an industrial crash helmet. Painted in team colours of course :happy:.

I've been to many Glasgow derbies. My uncle is from the Gorbals and he took us to quite a few when we were kids. He was Billy Mcneils gardener and he used to always give him tickets.

I've been to many Glasgow derbies. My uncle is from the Gorbals and he took us to quite a few when we were kids. He was Billy Mcneils gardener and he used to always give him tickets.
Well there you go! I thought those memories of the Old Firm games would far outweigh anything the English game has to offer.

Well there you go! I thought those memories of the Old Firm games would far outweigh anything the English game has to offer.

Its a very different atmosphere than anything else i've ever been too. I wouldnt say its better as such, but its easily the most intense. We dont have anything remotley close that i can think of over here. You can sense the real hatred between the fans. Its actually scary.

Its a very different atmosphere than anything else i've ever been too. I wouldnt say its better as such, but its easily the most intense. We dont have anything remotley close that i can think of over here. You can sense the real hatred between the fans. Its actually scary.
You're dead right it is/was dead scary.

I freaked out when I attnded my first GF in Sydney and there was no segregation of supporters going into the ground.

You're dead right it is/was dead scary.

I freaked out when I attnded my first GF in Sydney and there was no segregation of supporters going into the ground.

I dont like away fans sitting among the home fans. Its too nicey nicey. I think having them in their own area helps create a better atmosphere.

How is a pint of milk different then a Rangers/celtic fan?
If you leave the milk out for a week it develops a culture!

Dufc

I dont like away fans sitting among the home fans. Its too nicey nicey. I think having them in their own area helps create a better atmosphere.
For three seasons we had a Storm supporter would sit in front of us in the members stand (Only when they played us here). My brother-in-law, and my mate from Nottingham would give him pelters throughout the whole game. It was just so wrong having the 'enemy' sitting within our ranks. Havn't seen him in years.

Soccer sucks. It's only popular because everyone can play it at some level. The fans sing for 95% of the game to entertain themselves and have very little to get excited about for the majority of the game. Terrible sport, their fans are weirdos and the players are pretentious dorks. **** soccer.

Soccer sucks. It's only popular because everyone can play it at some level. The fans sing for 95% of the game to entertain themselves and have very little to get excited about for the majority of the game. Terrible sport, their fans are weirdos and the players are pretentious dorks. **** soccer.
This is literally the only true thing I've ever read on this board.

If the the English game has atmosphere you need to experience a Rangers v Celtic game in Glasgow.

Mum and Dad would not allow me to go to the game unless I promised to wear an industrial crash helmet. Painted in team colours of course :happy:.
Just watching one of their games on tellie shows me enough, that game is mental. Rangers vs Celtic has to be up there as the biggest derby.

It's genuine hatred, with a bit of religion thrown in the mix

Just watching one of their games on tellie shows me enough, that game is mental. Rangers vs Celtic has to be up there as the biggest derby.

It's genuine hatred, with a bit of religion thrown in the mix
As a nipper my uncle took me to the 1973 Scottish cup final. Rangers v Celtic. The crowd offical figure was 122,700. There was a riot where police rode in on horses to separate the fans. absolute pandemonium.

Greatest game in the world!

I tend to agree with you on the point where you say the players are all pretentious dorks. Back in the day it was a game for hard men, but it was slowly but surely rubbed out. Much like what is happening in at the moment in league.

We're already seeing players fake injury and laying down for very little reason other than to gain a penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Lurker
  • theshed
  • teampjta
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.