PRE-GAME Round 8 - Broncos v Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah mine to but he got 1 over milf and is a bigger body in the 6 , just not sure if he's up to nrl standard.

I think the biggest problem with Tyson is he doesnt fix the problems in the halves that we have already in that he isnt really the game managing, organising half we are lacking. I think given a bit of time to develop he could be a decent NRL player. He is physically going to be a bit more solid than Croft, Dearden or Milford. Its getting that desperate we might be better off signing up Kelly and playing him alongside Hunt.

I think with Oates playing okay at the moment Herbie should shifted back to left centre, Mead to fullback. Isaako can have a shot at right centre.

1. Mead
2. Oates
3. Herbie
4. Isaako
5. Coates
6. Dearden
7. Croft
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. TPJ
13. Carrigan

14. Levi
15. Kennedy
17. Riki
17. Bullimor
I actually don't mind the look of that, Mead will actually return the ball with a bit if venom. Just not sure he can provide any ball playing, but in saying that Isaako doesn't provide any.

Isaako is a very strange one, has talent but always looks surprised when something comes off, so it's an accident. When he does try stuff it's the completely wrong option. So the bloke has no footy IQ at all. He is a winger, but worth a shot at centre. Moga had no brain for footy but often provided a bit for us there.

I would put Herbie at FB. Something needs to change on that right edge and I think TPJ needs to keep playing 80min and Coates probably can't be dropped, although his defence is abhorrent . Herbie has been good this season so doesn't deserve to miss the 17.

I worry about what giving Isaako the boot will do to his confidence but it's becoming clear he's not our long term FB. There's a good chance he will need to leave the club at seasons end as its in the best interests of both parties that he gets a fresh start elsewhere.

Mead seems to be Mr Fix-it right now and although he's limited in ability he does put in 100%. I'd have him in the starting side somewhere

1. Farnworth
2. Coates/Mead
3. Niu
4. Arthurs/Mead
5. Oates
6. ***** me
7. Croft
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Lodge
11. Glenn
12. TPJ
13. Carrigan

Levi, Bullemor, Asiata, Kennedy

Don't care who's on the bench as long as Riki and Isaako aren't there.

Somebody pointed out recently we look like side that was picked because they were individually great on field as kids/teens. It shows in the complete lack of skill we have all over the backline. We have no options as fullbacks go, our half's struggle to end a set or organise a play and our forwards are on dimensional. Sad the Broncos have allowed this to happen. Despite all this Milf is not an option because of his terrible form. He has the tools but refuses to use them even in ISC and that is what angers me the most.

I would put Herbie at FB. Something needs to change on that right edge and I think TPJ needs to keep playing 80min and Coates probably can't be dropped, although his defence is abhorrent . Herbie has been good this season so doesn't deserve to miss the 17.

I worry about what giving Isaako the boot will do to his confidence but it's becoming clear he's not our long term FB. There's a good chance he will need to leave the club at seasons end as its in the best interests of both parties that he gets a fresh start elsewhere.

Mead seems to be Mr Fix-it right now and although he's limited in ability he does put in 100%. I'd have him in the starting side somewhere

1. Farnworth
2. Coates/Mead
3. Niu
4. Arthurs/Mead
5. Oates
6. ***** me
7. Croft
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Lodge
11. Glenn
12. TPJ
13. Carrigan

Levi, Bullemor, Asiata, Kennedy

Don't care who's on the bench as long as Riki and Isaako aren't there.
Add Fledger too. Don’t know why he gets the hype as he’s a penalty magnet and is defense is average for NRL level (maybe great for under 10’s, maybe?)

I think the biggest problem with Tyson is he doesnt fix the problems in the halves that we have already in that he isnt really the game managing, organising half we are lacking. I think given a bit of time to develop he could be a decent NRL player. He is physically going to be a bit more solid than Croft, Dearden or Milford. Its getting that desperate we might be better off signing up Kelly and playing him alongside Hunt.
No he won't but Dearden or Croft are all we got in that department, he would partner either one of them.
For me maybe Dearden back to cup with milf . The calls for hunt aren't warranted, if he can't help souths there's no way he can make a difference for the Broncos.

As Len once said between the cracks you will eventually see the light. Constantly changing the players into new positions will not build any trust in the defensive lines. Last night shows how much we missed Alex Glenn in defence. Last week we showed with equal amount of ball we can compete with the best. To give your opponents 20 % more ball you are never going to win. I think they got 5 six agains in a row and that period killed off the game. Kevvie should straight away hook the player involved and or get in the refs ear like Smith did. Otherwise Adkins and co will keep doing it. There were some nice signs there last night but we lost our way. I’m also wondering what the other coaches bring to the table to help Kevin. Poor Kevvie seems to spend too much time with the media putting out bushfires. Can the club get in someone to deal with the usual suspects in the media to allow Kevvie to work with the young team. He needs help and his temper tantrum’s aren’t going to help matters apart from releasing his frustrations. Bring in our friend who coached the cowboys and then the Titans and get a better defensive coach.

Hate to say it but the broncos might be the next club that’ll need gus to come in to do a review

Make it fucking happen. Say what you like about the guy but his footy IQ is one of the best in the game and he has the footy business sense to match it. Where Penrith are at right now is absolutely 100% on Gus' time there. How many of their team are their own juniors who came through the ranks together?

Let Gus loose on this club and I'd bet my fucking house we'll have a premiership before 2030.

Would love Gould at the club. Unfortunately I think he doesn’t like us.

No he won't but Dearden or Croft are all we got in that department, he would partner either one of them.
For me maybe Dearden back to cup with milf . The calls for hunt aren't warranted, if he can't help souths there's no way he can make a difference for the Broncos.

He isnt pulling up any trees with his form, but i could see him maybe bringing a calmness and focus to us as a team. We would probably basically be carrying him like the Rorters did in the GF just for his knowledge and experience. Its another one of those where we probably dont have anything to lose giving it a go for a couple of games.

He isnt pulling up any trees with his form, but i could see him maybe bringing a calmness and focus to us as a team. We would probably basically be carrying him like the Rorters did in the GF just for his knowledge and experience. Its another one of those where we probably dont have anything to lose giving it a go for a couple of games.
Seriously, what other options do we have ?

Dearden isnt working, Croft isn't working, Milford isn't working.

All of the players we deemed to be the 'answers' haven't worked out, so why not give Hunt a run.

Yep, our season is a steaming pile of shit already so we might as well try something.

Make it fucking happen. Say what you like about the guy but his footy IQ is one of the best in the game and he has the footy business sense to match it. Where Penrith are at right now is absolutely 100% on Gus' time there. How many of their team are their own juniors who came through the ranks together?

Let Gus loose on this club and I'd bet my fucking house we'll have a premiership before 2030.
And he’s not worried to tell the fucken truth... although in saying that he does have some very fucken stupid ideas

Didn't 1910 say he's been tragic in defence

And he’s not worried to tell the fucken truth... although in saying that he does have some very fucken stupid ideas

When you talk as much as he does, eventually something useful will come out amidst all the rubbish

Hate to say it but the broncos might be the next club that’ll need gus to come in to do a review

he did a review on the Dragons, but i'm pretty sure they ignored it ... Hell, they hired Griffin as coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Financeguy
  • Aldo
  • Brocko
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • IceWorks
  • theshed
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • Allo
  • Skyblues87
  • Lozza
  • Bucking Beads
  • Battler
  • davidp
  • RolledOates
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.