PRE-GAME Round 8 - Broncos v Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can always get him back or find someone else. It's not like there isn't good fullbacks on the market.
Drinkwater, Dufty, Hynes just to name 3 that are gettable and wouldn't break the bank. Heck you could probably get them for the reported 500k paid to Walsh.
Walsh isn’t being paid 500k for three years. He was contracted to us this year and we ignored him. The 300k kicks in next year, 400k the year after, 500k the next. This isn’t big money for a fullback who sets up tries, barks orders and kicks goals.

Walsh isn’t being paid 500k for three years. He was contracted to us this year and we ignored him. The 300k kicks in next year, 400k the year after, 500k the next. This isn’t big money for a fullback who sets up tries, barks orders and kicks goals.
Says who , 1910 said otherwise.
Piakura is the one that increases.

Given 1910 rarely mentions figures, I'm inclined to believe him over Badel who would just use whatever figure made the Broncos look the worst for the story he was dribbling.

Walsh wouldn't have left for an extra 50k. His offer got doubled and fair enough, who wouldn't go for a new job for an extra 5k a week.

Given 1910 rarely mentions figures, I'm inclined to believe him over Badel who would just use whatever figure made the Broncos look the worst for the story he was dribbling.

Walsh wouldn't have left for an extra 50k. His offer got doubled and fair enough, who wouldn't go for a new job for an extra 5k a week.
Don't remember where I got that he's on a sliding scale, but it wasn't in the print media. Most of the newspaper reports describe it as $1.2 million over 3 years, which lazy journalists assume splits in three equally. It's 300, 400, 500. Or similar. Maybe it's 350 in the first year. Can't remember. It'll be posted here someone though. It was before the Piakura deal.

Dearden shouldn’t be anywhere near the side this week. Milford back in please. I watched the highlights of the ISC. He looked decent. Not at his best but IMO Milford at 25% is still far better then a 100% Dearden.

Well, if we stick to the up the middle, kick for the corners plan, I'd go

1.Farnworth
2.Coates
3. Kennar/Copley
4. Mead
5.Oates
6.Croft
7. Turpin
8.Lodge
9. Flegler
10.Hass
11. Riki
12. Pangai Jr
13. Carrigan

14. Levi
15. Bullemor
16. Kennedy
17. Asiata
18. Deardon.

Try to wear them out early, then bring on Levi and Asiata and leave him on. Turpin is dummy half in attack, halfback in defence until then. Make sure Fifita's tackle count is high. Get Kennar/Copley, Farnworth and Mead practicing kicking incase it is needed inside the first 20 mins.

Well, if we stick to the up the middle, kick for the corners plan, I'd go

1.Farnworth
2.Coates
3. Kennar/Copley
4. Mead
5.Oates
6.Croft
7. Turpin
8.Lodge
9. Flegler
10.Hass
11. Riki
12. Pangai Jr
13. Carrigan

14. Levi
15. Bullemor
16. Kennedy
17. Asiata
18. Deardon.

Try to wear them out early, then bring on Levi and Asiata and leave him on. Turpin is dummy half in attack, halfback in defence until then. Make sure Fifita's tackle count is high. Get Kennar/Copley, Farnworth and Mead practicing kicking incase it is needed inside the first 20 mins.
Flegler at hooker is a unique change! If he cant catch a ball, maybe he can pass?

Flegler at hooker is a unique change! If he cant catch a ball, maybe he can pass?
Was thinking more he plays better when he starts than off the bench.

I even considered Farnworth or Riki defending in 11, but playing dummy half, but have no idea what their play the ball speed is. And because Glenn doesn't do too much offensively, figured it would be a good place to start.

With Glenn's injury i'd love to see Piakura named - at least on the 21 man squad.
Barrett said he was NRL ready when the Bulldogs were trying to sign him so why can't we? Especially if it can stops a bench consisting of 3 props....

With Glenn's injury i'd love to see Piakura named - at least on the 21 man squad.
Barrett said he was NRL ready when the Bulldogs were trying to sign him so why can't we? Especially if it can stop having a bench of 3 props....
Out with a shoulder injury.

I'm not sure if Gamble will be available either.

There's mixed reports on the QRL website.

The match report suggests he stayed on the field and levelled the game.

The match centre says he came off around the 50-55 minute mark and it was Bryce Donovan who kicked the goal.

Dearden can play left right out, and definitely leave out Milford as well. Line in the sand is drawn and there's no going back.

1. Herbie
2. Oates
3. Isaako
4. Arthurs
5. Coates
6. Gamble
7. Croft
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Riki
12. TPJ
13. Bullemore

14. Levi
15. Kennedy
16. Carrigan
17. Asiata

18. Paix

28. Fleger (dick fingers)
29. Milford
30. Dearden

Yeah we don’t need to be picking Dearden anymore. Keep him at 18th man though so he won’t even get isc time. Bit harsh?

wouldn't work anyway ... if he plays less than a certain amount of minutes in the NRL he is permitted to play ISC. and because we typically play Thursdays and Fridays, the NRL game would be played first paving the way for him to play ISC

I know it's all a bit of fun aimed to take Dearden out of the side but Gamble/Croft would be a better combo than Dearden/Croft

Croft has been running the side lately and Gamble would be a better ball runner than Dearden

wouldn't work anyway ... if he plays less than a certain amount of minutes in the NRL he is permitted to play ISC. and because we typically play Thursdays and Fridays, the NRL game would be played first paving the way for him to play ISC
Wondered how that worked. It would be very bad for the 18th man to lose out on game time just to cover HIA.

Who isnt In favour of trying someone different at the back?

As long as we keep conceding a shitload of points we might as well try something different to at least put some scoreboard pressure on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Brocko
  • thenry
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • Jazza
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • Allo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skyblues87
  • bert_lifts
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncoFan94
  • Dash
  • jarro65
  • winslow_wong
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.