PRE-GAME Round 8 - Broncos v Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's all a bit of fun aimed to take Dearden out of the side but Gamble/Croft would be a better combo than Dearden/Croft

Croft has been running the side lately and Gamble would be a better ball runner than Dearden
This is no sour grapes and it may not even be Dearden’s fault but a coaching directive - regardless, Dearden hasn’t provided anything this season. Putting someone who can tackle more effectively would actually improve the team. All they need to be able to do is get away a panicked 25m kick if Croft finds himself tackled on the 4th and we’re no worse off.

I actually think Asiata or Gamble are worth a shot there, as dumb as it sounds.

Interesting to see what Kev does with the backline more so than Dearden. The halves are just treading water until next season anyway. I could see an early release on the horizon with either Drinkwater swap (if he’s in Kev’s plans) or Hunt coming into first grade. Though at this point, might as well wait 3 more games and use the train and trial allowance after round 10. Likely Dearden maintains his spot until then, and it’ll give Milf more time in Q cup to create argument for his inclusion.

The backline is a mess. Herbie looked stunted on the right side of the field and Mead is no centre. You could also put forward a strong case to drop Coates after his performance last week. However what I may suggest is the following:

1. Isaako
2. Oates
3. Farnworth
4. Coates
5. Mead

Coates seems to love standing where the centre should be in defence as it is so might as well just chuck a winger outside him. Maybe sandwiching him between the decent communicator Croft and the experienced winger Mead will help him out. I do question if he’s smart enough to not be fooled by basic attacking structures though. It may even be an easier kick for Croft to aim at the centre rather than the wing in attacking plays, and it leaves enough space for Coates to bat the ball back. Just an idea. Also despite Mead being a fair bit smaller than Coates, he provides far better kick returns.

Trialing Coates at centre would also eventually allow for Isaako to shift to that wing and Niu or an import taking the 1 jersey next season. It also provides the succession plan if Staggs moves to 6.

Interesting to see what Kev does with the backline more so than Dearden. The halves are just treading water until next season anyway. I could see an early release on the horizon with either Drinkwater swap (if he’s in Kev’s plans) or Hunt coming into first grade. Though at this point, might as well wait 3 more games and use the train and trial allowance after round 10. Likely Dearden maintains his spot until then, and it’ll give Milf more time in Q cup to create argument for his inclusion.

The backline is a mess. Herbie looked stunted on the right side of the field and Mead is no centre. You could also put forward a strong case to drop Coates after his performance last week. However what I may suggest is the following:

1. Isaako
2. Oates
3. Farnworth
4. Coates
5. Mead

Coates seems to love standing where the centre should be in defence as it is so might as well just chuck a winger outside him. Maybe sandwiching him between the decent communicator Croft and the experienced winger Mead will help him out. I do question if he’s smart enough to not be fooled by basic attacking structures though. It may even be an easier kick for Croft to aim at the centre rather than the wing in attacking plays, and it leaves enough space for Coates to bat the ball back. Just an idea. Also despite Mead being a fair bit smaller than Coates, he provides far better kick returns.

Trialing Coates at centre would also eventually allow for Isaako to shift to that wing and Niu or an import taking the 1 jersey next season. It also provides the succession plan if Staggs moves to 6.
Coates is one of the worst defenders I have seen in first grade, absolutely shocking. Putting him at centre would make it worse, the kid can run but that's about all he offers.

Isaako swap with Farnsworth, that would be the play and maybe even chuck Coates back to ISC for some tackling practice.

No point playing Dearden now so just have him as 18th man, put Levi in as Hooker and make Turps the 5/8. He managed nearly a whole season in the half's back in 2019 from memory.

Coates is one of the worst defenders I have seen in first grade, absolutely shocking. Putting him at centre would make it worse, the kid can run but that's about all he offers.

Isaako swap with Farnsworth, that would be the play and maybe even chuck Coates back to ISC for some tackling practice.

No point playing Dearden now so just have him as 18th man, put Levi in as Hooker and make Turps the 5/8. He managed nearly a whole season in the half's back in 2019 from memory.
Do you remember how that back half of 2019 went?

Send him to the Storm to see if they can teach him how to tackle when it is 3 on 1

Sounds like Croft and Dearden trained with reserves today and Milford and Gamble will be the halves this weekend

Wake me up when it’s over. FIfita will be licking his lips.

FC54CBFC E6A2 44FD ACD2 F276A8C9A8AD

While it was ISC, Milford showed on the weekend what he can do when he can just focus on playing footy.

The worrying part is Tyson Gamble training in the halves with him. I can't say I've watched Gamble much but from what I've seen he's not going to be the type of player that can allow Milford to just focus on playing footy.

We'll see how it goes. Hopefully it goes well. Hopefully Milford being dropped has made him realize he needs to pull his head out of his ass.

I'm not holding my breath here...

While it was ISC, Milford showed on the weekend what he can do when he can just focus on playing footy.

The worrying part is Tyson Gamble training in the halves with him. I can't say I've watched Gamble much but from what I've seen he's not going to be the type of player that can allow Milford to just focus on playing footy.

We'll see how it goes. Hopefully it goes well. Hopefully Milford being dropped has made him realize he needs to pull his head out of his ass.

I'm not holding my breath here...
Maybe with Kev hearing that Tom was gone next year he thought “oh shit, I better be nice to Milf, I might have no other halves next season”.

I think for the first time since the Broncos entered the comp I'm not looking forward to their game. Sure I support the boys and want them to do well, but it is so fuckin painful and disheartening seeing the once mighty Broncos play like the new shitey Broncos.

Spare a thought for Kevvie. Man that poor guy must be so close to tears every week when he sees the cattle he has to work with.

I think for the first time since the Broncos entered the comp I'm not looking forward to their game. Sure I support the boys and want them to do well, but it is so fuckin painful and disheartening seeing the once mighty Broncos play like the new shitey Broncos.

Spare a thought for Kevvie. Man that poor guy must be so close to tears every week when he sees the cattle he has to work with.

Last week would have been incredibly hard for him, the week before he nearly coached the boys to turn over the unbeaten Panthers

Then the next week they nearly concede 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Allo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brocko
  • Skyblues87
  • bert_lifts
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncoFan94
  • Dash
  • Jazza
  • Wolfie
  • jarro65
  • winslow_wong
  • Volvo Driver
  • DrGee
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  • GCBRONCO
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.