PRE-GAME Round 8 - Broncos v Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is KHunt at training yet?

I'm not worried about Fifita, he showed us all last week he's good for a few flashy efforts inside the opponent's 20 but when the game is on the line and the Titans need a forward to get down and dirty between the 20 metre lines, he was nowhere to be seen

If we dominate them in the middle third like we did against Penrith, he won't be an issue

Mead has been dreadful too so glad he has been dropped. Blokes a winger at best and I hope to never see him in the centres again

Sadly, I agree. Whether that was confidence in inside/outside men or defensive structures failing, I'm not sure...
Defensive structures?

Chopping and changing again guarantees another drubbing (likely would have got drubbed without the changes).

Kev really needs to sort the halves out so he can start working on defensive structures
Changing every week doesn’t really give players time to start working on it as they have a new bloke in the line every week

Chopping and changing again guarantees another drubbing (likely would have got drubbed without the changes).
Might as well chop and change until you find something that might be competitive. Probably not possible with this roster though. The season is gone and the squad will look much different next year. I don't see a problem in trying a few things, it may even unearth a pleasant surprise or two.

Kev really needs to sort the halves out so he can start working on defensive structures
Changing every week doesn’t really give players time to start working on it as they have a new bloke in the line every week
To be fair his halves have pretty much have had shockers all season unless we are playing the dogs.
I'd prefer to leave croft there but I guess if you tell your players everyone is accountable you have to react., and I guess "in for a penny, in for a pound")
Dearden had to go. And croft rarely took on the line, kicked ordinary and at 25 struggled to lead the side in attack ( although they definitely tied to follow him)
Gamble at least is in form and milf played his best game for two seasons, admittedly against a cellar dwelling q cup team. If isaako plays another game like the last one I suspect he will be in q cup too.
Its a tough time to be coach.

To be fair, Fifita has been running through fucking everyone. Milf defended better after that.

That said, I wish Kevvie had stuck to his plan with milf in Qcup for longer.
Against the Titans Milford was defending on the right. His whole career basically he has defended on the left. No idea why he was on the right in the first place.

I must admit I'm a bit shaken by this. My confidence in KW that is. I'm going to keep trusting KW knows what he's doing but I would have thought you'd just get rid of Dearden and replace him with Gamble. I didn't see too much wrong with Croft's game(s) but I'm going to wait, along with everyone else and see how this pans out.

In all honesty I've not been this pessimistic about the team throughout the years since the team entered the competition. Hopefully this is exactly the cure and correct treatment for what ails the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dash
  • eggstar10
  • Sproj
  • Locky24
  • GCBRONCO
  • johnny plath
  • Cavalo
  • Justwin
  • phoenix
  • Dexter
  • MrMoore
  • RolledOates
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.