PRE-GAME Round 8 - Broncos v Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love Gould at the club. Unfortunately I think he doesn’t like us.
Why would you want all the scrutiny.

Overhauling penrith when they were a joke is different to doing it here.

Seriously, what other options do we have ?

Dearden isnt working, Croft isn't working, Milford isn't working.

All of the players we deemed to be the 'answers' haven't worked out, so why not give Hunt a run.
+1. K Hunt is a no brainer. Hopefully his experience and attention created on him can help take some heat away from whoever the other half is.

It’s far too easy for teams to target rookies Dearden and Croft by running forwards at them all night. Every single Croft kick against Parra was rushed and shallow. We need to kick off the front foot after a big Haas/TPJ run and chase hard!!

Just really hard to win without a smart kicking game. We are diabolical in this department and dare I say we need Milf (yes he’s shit I know).

+1. K Hunt is a no brainer. Hopefully his experience and attention created on him can help take some heat away from whoever the other half is.

It’s far too easy for teams to target rookies Dearden and Croft by running forwards at them all night. Every single Croft kick against Parra was rushed and shallow. We need to kick off the front foot after a big Haas/TPJ run and chase hard!!

Just really hard to win without a smart kicking game. We are diabolical in this department and dare I say we need Milf (yes he’s shit I know).
I assume you haven't been on here for long because the prevailing wisdom on this forum is that you must play the ball at frantic pace every single time.

I disagree though and have repeatedly suggested that there are times when a slow ptb works in our favour. On the fifth tackle why don't we slow it right down, position our kickers and produce a well timed, precise yet unhurried kick and get the chasers set in a straight line. I'm sure if we took our time we'd achieve better results in the long run.

Of course, that's labelled insane around here.

Protecting the kicker is one of those 1%ers our players just dont do. You look at every other team and they have one middle forward blocking the markers, and another blocking shooters from the line. We have none.

Protecting the kicker is one of those 1%ers our players just dont do. You look at every other team and they have one middle forward blocking the markers, and another blocking shooters from the line. We have none.
This. All three of our kickers this season get swamped on the last. This lead to Dearden trying to stand deeper for a kick at one point last game but he just didn’t have the power to kick it far enough.

This. All three of our kickers this season get swamped on the last. This lead to Dearden trying to stand deeper for a kick at one point last game but he just didn’t have the power to kick it far enough.

In general, I reckon a good team has their kicking game well planned. They work out, and rehearse their positioning on the last tackle so that their kickers have time and space, and therefore the composure to execute their kick.

For me it's all about structures planned for when a kick is required. It's these structures which enable good 4th and 5th tackle options, time and space to execute, stuff we are still learning and still a long way to go, as we can see from the pressure other teams apply to our kickers who are rushed more often than not..

Um, it also requires that someone can kick.

I've managed to watch the majority of games this weekend and one thing that really really stands out is is literally EVERY other teams support play shits all over ours.

We have Hass, Lodge and Levi make breaks / poke their noses through and there is no one even close supporting. Every other side a player makes a break and is surrounded by team mate jersys.

If we are going to stand a chance in these games we need to take every opportunity we create. We can't do that if we can't be bothered to follow our big guys in support.

Im looking at you issako and Dearden.

I've managed to watch the majority of games this weekend and one thing that really really stands out is is literally EVERY other teams support play shits all over ours.

We have Hass, Lodge and Levi make breaks / poke their noses through and there is no one even close supporting. Every other side a player makes a break and is surrounded by team mate jersys.

If we are going to stand a chance in these games we need to take every opportunity we create. We can't do that if we can't be bothered to follow our big guys in support.

Im looking at you issako and Dearden.

It is probably why, regardless of whether they are ready or not, Herbie or Niu need ot be fullback, at least they'll support play.

I don't know what Kev can do here, but something has to be done. Isaako is not a fullback, but do we have an NRL ready player. Milf is busted and doubt we will get anything out of him back there.

We just lack dependability all over the park and it is worrying for sure.
Watching the Storm/Warriors and Walsh already looks a gun and more threating then Isaako.
Cant believe we let him go. He is gonna be special

Watching the Storm/Warriors and Walsh already looks a gun and more threating then Isaako.
I'm not disputing that he's better but he's done **** all today

He's looking quick and nippy, but he seems a bit light and getting tackled reasonably easy.

Pretty sure 1910 or someone indicated that Kevvie wanted him to play ISC possibly for the next 1-2yrs and then bring him in and earn his money.. those extra couple years in ISC would allow him to put on some kg's

Reminds me of Ponga with his speed. Putting the defence in 2 minds cause his speed worries them. Has a better passing game too.. surely cant do worse than what we have now
I agree, probably not worse than Isaako but he's at least a year from being ready IMO

But when he is, man it will suck to watch.
Can always get him back or find someone else. It's not like there isn't good fullbacks on the market.
Drinkwater, Dufty, Hynes just to name 3 that are gettable and wouldn't break the bank. Heck you could probably get them for the reported 500k paid to Walsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Financeguy
  • Brocko
  • Morkel
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • IceWorks
  • theshed
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • Allo
  • Skyblues87
  • Lozza
  • Bucking Beads
  • Battler
  • davidp
  • RolledOates
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.