Round 8 - Broncos vs Bulldogs - Build Up Thread

draggx said:
Honestly i think Griffin has this team playing better than they have since 2006, And yes better than WB's last few seasons.
+1

We played some pretty nice stuff in 2008.

draggx said:
Honestly i think Griffin has this team playing better than they have since 2006, And yes better than WB's last few seasons.

Far too early to say that IMO. Wait and see how we go around origin time.

ningnangnong said:
We played some pretty nice stuff in 2008.

Yeah, but we don't have Denan Kemp now so we can't expect to play that kind of footy again.

The Rock said:
draggx said:

That is absolutely ridiculously pre-mature. We're 7 rounds in. For all we know we could lose the next 10 games straight. Let's assess this team in about 10 weeks.

How is it pre-mature to say we are better than we have in along time? I never said its our best season or anything i simply said we are playing better than seen from the team in along time.

draggx said:
The Rock said:
draggx said:

That is absolutely ridiculously pre-mature. We're 7 rounds in. For all we know we could lose the next 10 games straight. Let's assess this team in about 10 weeks.

How is it pre-mature to say we are better than we have in along time? I never said its our best season or anything i simply said we are playing better than seen from the team in along time.

We were playing better last year before Locky got injured. We are a different beast this season though. Lets see what happens during and after origin.

No changes to the team that played the Tigers.

The Rock said:
draggx said:
[quote="The Rock":10b79ksk]
draggx said:

Fair enough, mis-read.

But I still disagree. Our form at the moment is very good, but just remember that there has been 2-3 games during our winning streak that were extremely average. Our form in the past 2 weeks has been brilliant though, but over-all over the 6 week winning streak I'd say it hasn't been the most impressive winning streak.

The winning streak of late 2009 was epic. Same with late 2008 we showed some amazing form.[/quote:10b79ksk]

Given the players we now have, the changes in the club, a new coach, so many young players, I think our form this year is simply outstanding.

I think we all of a sudden have a very small premiership window due to a variety of factors. Namely a weakening of the other contenders (Dragons and Storm) and what seems to be near competition best attitude and character that Griffin has instilled. I agree with sentiments that we are going as well (consistently) as we have in a long while.

Our defence ensures we will be competitive in every game, if that is the case then IMO Locky gives us the edge on the other contenders.

I think we all of a sudden have a very realistic, yet small premiership window sure to shut once Lockyer goes. We are the real deal this year.

Yeah I was discussing that last night with a mate actually.

This year we have a chance of a premiership where as I can't see us winning the comp next year or perhaps even the year after.

Nah. Hes just getting old. We auld farts get back pain now and then. Nothing a gin and tonic, matlock marathon and a good dose of ABC talk back radio can't fix

Same with late 2008 we showed some amazing form.

Against who?

We lost to the Warriors and Dragons and barely beat the Wooden spooners.

We started that season much better than we finished it.

Yeah, but we don't have Denan Kemp now so we can't expect to play that kind of footy again.

Michael Ennis*

Bulldogs have named their best line up of the year by far.
Very strong team.

Going to be a tough game.

The Rock said:
broncospwn said:
Very strong team.

They certainly have. Goodwin is out which is a shame, I don't really rate the bloke any more. Michael Lett is a better wing option, real good speed on him. I'm worried about Morris/Lett so Hodges and Yow Yeh better keep up their good form.

Hodges and Yow Yeh can shut them down. Hodges is a naturally good defender and shouldn't have much trouble with the lesser Morris, and Yow Yeh has been making sensational decisions when to come in and shut down the play.

Coxy said:
The Rock said:
broncospwn said:
Very strong team.

They certainly have. Goodwin is out which is a shame, I don't really rate the bloke any more. Michael Lett is a better wing option, real good speed on him. I'm worried about Morris/Lett so Hodges and Yow Yeh better keep up their good form.

Hodges and Yow Yeh can shut them down. Hodges is a naturally good defender and shouldn't have much trouble with the lesser Morris, and Yow Yeh has been making sensational decisions when to come in and shut down the play.

Love his timing on making the big hits as well, He has come along way and hopefully we lock him away for awhile.

The Rock said:
broncospwn said:
Very strong team.

Goodwin hasn't displayed any good from since 09, he's far too casual and his goal kicking this year hasn't been great either. Lett is a gun player, he may not play well on his firstgame but he's very fast and is a great talent.

Morris/Lett combination will be dangerous but I reckon Hodges and Yow Yeh are better and will sort that out. Hodges is one of the best defensive centres in the game and Yow Yeh makes some very good decisions as well.

What I'm worried about is Idris against Reed and Copley in the air, not going to be confident when they bomb it down that way. Tolman isn't a threat IMO, he just makes huge stats but that's mostly because he plays 70+ minutes per game most props who play that game time will make 150+M and 20+ hit ups.

It might sound like a broken record because it keeps getting said every game but this is definitely our hardest game so far and Melbourne will be even harder the week after.

Active Now

• Robboi_321
  • Manofoneway
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Locky24
  • jd87
  • GCBRONCO
  • Nerd
  • Strop
  • Skathen
  • Stix
  • Alec
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.