Mar 5, 2008
Lockyer got away from Parker fairly quickly. lol

I think Parker was going to explode.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
There should be video refs to check on the video refs calls.

lets just do and "ask the audience (in this case crowd) type of things when they get referred ... they couldn't get anymore wrong

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Bad start hurt us badly but the effort and commitment was nothing short of outstanding. Very disappointed to lose those calls at the end were terrible. That was not an intentional strip and you can strip the ball in a 1 on 1 tackle.

There has to be an INVESTIGATION

88to2006Glorydays

88to2006Glorydays

NYC Player
Jul 9, 2013
The set of six before Hunts lame attempt at field goal was a fucking disgrace. Hunt and Macca showed zero leadership and organisational skills. That was exactly how not to set up for a field goal. Amateurs!!

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
We had chances to close that game out and didn't take them.

The refs didn't help us though.... Just sayin.

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
Firstly I'm proud of the effort from the boys to come back from 14 down, they could've just given up and let it blow out but they didn't.

But my god, just when you think NRL refereeing cant get any worse they somehow manage to reach an all time low, absolute joke.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
How do you **** up a 1 on 1 strip call? Just fucking how??

B

BroncosFan_Corey

QCup Player
Nov 2, 2013
The set of six before Hunts lame attempt at field goal was a fucking disgrace. Hunt and Macca showed zero leadership and organisational skills. That was exactly how not to set up for a field goal. Amateurs!!

Granville would have put us in better position in my opinion.

M

Mortician

NYC Player
Jul 23, 2011
The set of six before Hunts lame attempt at field goal was a ****ing disgrace. Hunt and Macca showed zero leadership and organisational skills. That was exactly how not to set up for a field goal. Amateurs!!

Exactly! This is what pissed me off the most. We had that game won with a field goal in great position but they fucked it up royally Unbelieveable.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I'm open to discussion on the Ben Barba to QCup comment, but I'm sold, I've watched him every time he's been on the screen for the last month, he's running the ball back at quarter speed, and he only runs the ball back 1/3 times, every other time he passes to one of the wingers for the hit-up, then he spends 2-3 tackles with hands on hips, catching his breath behind the play.

When it comes to him touching the ball in attack, it's usually flat footed, and followed up with a pass well before the line to a player who's not even running on to the ball, all of his kicks over the last month have been virtually shit as well.

The only aspect of his game at the moment that I'm enjoying is his try saving tackles, the rest of his game is well below average compared to everyone else.

- Shit coach
- Shit halves
- Still not recovered from ankle surgery
- No confidence

You can pick any of the 4 reasons above, or maybe all of them, for his lack of form.

Benefits to playing Queensland Cup for a few weeks: Get away from our shit halves and shit coach, score some tries, get some confidence in his ankle and in himself.

I'd love to here some analysis from people who think he's playing well enough to retain his spot in the team, just for a different perspective.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Refs were horrible. I think there's a blunder of a call they made but potentially I have the rules wrong.

Souths got a line drop out in the second half where Reynolds grubbered through. He ran past the most advanced team-mate and that team mate tackled us in goal. However, this occurred inside the 10m. Referee said to us that Reynolds ran his men on side but I could have sworn last week a penalty was given in the exact same instance because you can't run someone on side inside the 10. Anyone know the right ruling?

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
But my god, just when you think NRL refereeing cant get any worse they somehow manage to reach an all time low, absolute joke.

Even Sterlo & Fatty thought the refs were bad in some calls.

88to2006Glorydays

88to2006Glorydays

NYC Player
Jul 9, 2013
We can't whinge about the strip penalty. It was a strip every day of the week. Was it intentional? No but his hands/arms were effective in dislodging the ball.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I'm open to discussion on the Ben Barba to QCup comment, but I'm sold, I've watched him every time he's been on the screen for the last month, he's running the ball back at quarter speed, and he only runs the ball back 1/3 times, every other time he passes to one of the wingers for the hit-up, then he spends 2-3 tackles with hands on hips, catching his breath behind the play.

When it comes to him touching the ball in attack, it's usually flat footed, and followed up with a pass well before the line to a player who's not even running on to the ball, all of his kicks over the last month have been virtually shit as well.

The only aspect of his game at the moment that I'm enjoying is his try saving tackles, the rest of his game is well below average compared to everyone else.

- Shit coach
- Shit halves
- Still not recovered from ankle surgery
- No confidence

You can pick any of the 4 reasons above, or maybe all of them, for his lack of form.

Benefits to playing Queensland Cup for a few weeks: Get away from our shit halves and shit coach, score some tries, get some confidence in his ankle and in himself.

I'd love to here some analysis from people who think he's playing well enough to retain his spot in the team, just for a different perspective.

Simple: take him out of the side and our movements in the attacking 20 are handicapped beyond measure. Hunt is only good for 1 or 2 good plays in the attacking half at the moment. The rest is bung average.

L

loc

Apr 25, 2014
It was ruled a no try and i didn't see enough evidence to over turn that call. But that's just my opinion.

There was definitely no evidence at all. The Souths player contacted with Hunt, so the decision should have just stood as no try. But guess what? This week they were listening in to the TV audio and Peter Sterling went on about inside shoulder rubbish and the video referee when explaining the decision had no idea what he was saying. Infact the script went like the try was awarded because....oh shit .....why did I give that try...shit shit shit....i know i wrote down sterling's words...oh yeah because it was inside shoulder yadi yah..bunch of total utter garbage. If he wasn't listening into the channel 9 commentary, there is no way that try would have been awarded. It's a total utter farce. The Ben Hunt stripping penalty was also a total joke. SBurgess just lost that ball in the tackle.

Last edited:
Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
It was ruled a no try and i didn't see enough evidence to over turn that call. But that's just my opinion.

That's how I saw it, obviously we lost the flip of the coin the video ref used to decide which button to press.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • GCBRONCO
  • Big Del
  • Santa
  • bazza
  • I bleed Maroon
  • thenry
  • Mr Fourex
  • Harry Sack
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.