Round 8 - Broncos vs. Rabbitohs - Post Match Discussion

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011
Kahu should of scored near the end of the game (Not talking about the break he made). We're on souths line there is a gap on Kahu's right, he gets the ball and fucking pauses for like 1.5 seconds and decides to go left, poor vision on his behalf. However as everyone has said, he played well tonight.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
The way I see it, Kahu looks way more talented than Maranta. He should get the wing spot next week.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Yeah, but they're not... they're just giving him the same time each week. I'm assuming he'll play more minutes around Origin though.

He played more minutes tongiht surely. 10 hit ups in one go is a fair chunk for a player like Hala.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Kahu should of scored near the end of the game (Not talking about the break he made). We're on souths line there is a gap on Kahu's right, he gets the ball and ****ing pauses for like 1.5 seconds and decides to go left, poor vision on his behalf. However as everyone has said, he played well tonight.

Yeah, he didn't handle that well. Not so much poor vision, I just think he didn't expect the ball and he was like WTF? Lesson to learn: always expect the ball, and always have a plan. It's not 20s, you can't stand there and think about who you're goingto run around.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Well then gradually up his minutes! I can't see that happening.

In order from his first game this year.

12 minutes
13 minutes
11 minutes
roughly 13 minutes again.

I'm sure he's fit enough to do 10 in the first half and 10 minutes in the second half. I don't know if he started in QCUP From round 1 but he's had about 5-7 games in a row now, he's not fresh off a knee injury.

He needs more minutes but to give him more minutes you've gotta take minutes off someone else. It won't happen especially when McGuire is back.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Credit to Souths, they did the job they needed too, much like last week, winning in just after half-time.

Seriously can't stop raving about George Burgess. His impact as a young rookie playing prop is insane. I can't remember seeing a player at just 21 having as amazing an impact at prop.

As for us, it's really not too bad a result, I was expecting to lose without Hodges and we actually did well for the most part. I think the most disappointing thing though is that it's the same kind of shit repeating. Like Maccas' fucked up little kick from dummy half that almost always ends up behind Maccas.

Parker is such a great promoter of the football, but we just don't get the advantage from it that other teams would. We need to support him more. And by we I mean Corey Norman.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Kahu should of scored near the end of the game (Not talking about the break he made). We're on souths line there is a gap on Kahu's right, he gets the ball and ****ing pauses for like 1.5 seconds and decides to go left, poor vision on his behalf. However as everyone has said, he played well tonight.

Stuck out like a sore thumb. "who? Me?

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
He played more minutes tongiht surely. 10 hit ups in one go is a fair chunk for a player like Hala.
I can't remember the exact time he came on but man we could have used him in that last 10 minutes.

He had a massive workrate in the short minutes he played tonight, I can't wait for him to reach his potential.

Griffin is way too conservative as a coach, he doesn't think outside the box or take risks, that's fine but you need to strike a balance. Look at McGuire, he dropped Asotasi without a second thought, ditto Crocker. Griffin won't drop anyone, heck I don't remember Griffin every at any point since he's taken over the Broncos drop a player for being out of form, not once, correct me if I'm wrong BHQ'ers.

coreyh88

coreyh88

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2012
Norman's support runners were constantly over running him. Or standing horribly with no speed. Right side was quite a bit better tonight but Goodwin kept shutting them down.

Twiztid

Twiztid

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2009
Hala has played **** all minutes this year. Burgess has played 50-60 minutes consistently. His fitness base is much bigger.

Compared to how George was when he first came to us and played NYC. He really has come a hell of a long way with his tank. I think it just comes down to how good Madge and Troy are at getting the best out of the players, something we have lacked for years.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Lack of support really shits me. Twice Ben Hunt made scurries from dummyhalf and had an opportunity to offload but nobody was with him. Parker too, as Ari pointed out.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Parker didn't make as much impact running the ball as he usually does, but he once again topped the tackle count and provided offloads. He's such a great player. But he's nearing retirement. I'm thinking they might turn McGuire into a the same type of lock, a workhorse.

Though to be honest, Parker did have a couple of bad defensive reads in the first half. Luckily they didn't score from them.

Last edited:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Parker is a great competitor but gee, unless he throws a brilliant offload, he's a momentum killer on the line.

M

mArKuS

BRL Player
Mar 23, 2008
I can't believe no one is complaining about the refs! Marantra is useless. I don't know how people are praising Kahu either. He had some defensive laps in the first half and could ran when he was out in the open (I know he had injuries but wing nxt wk???) I'd prefer Kemp! Macca need to learn to pass the ball! Holds onto the ball way too long. Too many shit dammies as well!!

At the end, we keep getting shit calls from the refs. Bullshit penalties. Can't beat the shit ref!

hayseed

hayseed

QCup Player
Feb 20, 2013
Beaten by a better side but we are not that far off, Wallace had his best game in 11 mos but it still needs to be better, Parker was a machine as usual and Hala was a powerhouse, it is a shame that his dimwitted coach doesn't know how to properly utilize him.

Sammy had a rare shocker and as usual Hannant goes MIA when the going gets tough, Maranta continues to suck and Gillo has had better nights. Obviously we are not contenders in any way shape or form but there were enough positives out there to keep me interested, I won't slit my wrists just yet.

Who in the **** let Souths back in the competition anyways?

Broncs1459

Broncs1459

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2012
Parker is a great competitor but gee, unless he throws a brilliant offload, he's a momentum killer on the line.

Was too involved tonight. Think he was pushing for Origin selection but he needs to focus on quality over quantity.

Unread

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Organix
  • Astro
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Dash
  • Scorchie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.