Round 8 - Broncos vs. Rabbitohs - Post Match Discussion

Kahu is someone who can offer that game breaking ability by the looks of it but the only time he'll get a go in first grade is when Hodges is out, which is lame because he only comes in when we don't have our best player. Would love to see Hodges and Kahu side by side. Maaaannnnnnn I want Yow Yeh back :crying:

Kahu had some good glimpses. That break.

Inglis was like a Dad playing with his son.

Andrew McCullough would be a decent hooker if he would stop kicking the ball, passing the ball and going himself
You're wrong, Griffin knows best. In Griffin's mind, Macca is better than Smith & Farah combined, Macca is not just a top 5 hooker in the game, he's the BEST hooker fullstop. No one compares to him, his defence, his passing game, his short kicking game, his try assists, his running games, his support play, just everything is flawless.

We need a Fullback who supports up the middle of the ruck and who can ball play. Norman's support play is ridiculous. It doesnt exist. At least when Hoffman plays FB you feel as though we could score off an offload. I'd be inclinded to put Hoffman back at FB. At least he shows heart.

Hannant did 15 runs and 40 tackles hayseed, it's a bit harsh to say he was MIA.
I would prefer he didn't do that much work if it meant he wasn't taking naps in the ruck throughout the game. If he wasn't on his back and was instead in the defensive line we probably wouldn't have been caught short and Souths mightn't have scored. Thaiday is guilty of it as well, it's ridiculous that they were on their backs more in defense tonight than the guys they were tackling.

We need a Fullback who supports up the middle of the ruck and who can ball play. Norman's support play is ridiculous. It doesnt exist. At least when Hoffman plays FB you feel as though we could score off an offload. I'd be inclinded to put Hoffman back at FB. At least he shows heart.

Hoffman has 16 tries at fullback from 62 career games at the position. I don't know about you but he sure as hell doesn't strike me as being somebody who will help us score off an offload.

Gillett played himself into Origin jersey IMO with a couple more of those performances.

I think a few flashes of brilliance shouldn't make the selectors ignore the Deficiencies in his game. His defence at times leaves a lot to be desired and could cost you an origin game.

I'm inclined to agree, he reminds me too much of Hayne, just doesn't display any energy. A guy like Hodges who's over 30 always seems to play likes he's full of energy.

It just looks like Norman is always at 80%.

I seriously wouldn't mind Norman being dropped for Kahu at fullback and Maranta being dropped for Kemp. It will never happen though because Griffin never drops anyone.

This is why he was rated in the juniors though. You know the saying.. "good players make it look like they have all the time in the world."
The reason why he looks like he has time on his hand is he is completely lost on what he wants to do with ball. He drifts across the field shaping to pass.. the defense stands back but eventually swallows him up. He may look dangerous for that one second but he never does anything with the ball except gets tackled with it. I don't think I have ever seen him dart through a gap with enthusiasm

We were beaten by a far better team simple as that other than that spurt before halftime I always though Souths had a grasp on the game. Really missed Justin tonight our attack didn't look as dangerous and threatening. Thought we put in a great effort though as we didn't let them run away with the game and fought to the end. Was very dissapointed when some of our 'supporters' left for the gates with 15 minutes to play, cmon if you are a fan you stay to the end.

Everyone talks about how good the rabbits forwards pack is but really all they have is the two burgess brothers. Teomhasn't done much since being there and McQueen only rarely does well. We should have been able to beat them. The only reason that isn't an issue is that the burgess bros break lines and consistently poke their heads through.
I just have to pull you up on Te'o and McQueen. They have a job to do and that job is to defend and run the ball hard. We play a different style than we have ever played before and we don't play them as hole running forwards, yet. They do their jobs extremely well and to see how far McQueen has come from being a QLD cup player to cement his first grade spot. I always rated him as a backrower over centre or winger and Madge is getting the best of out him.

On the Burgess brothers. Yeah they pop their head through the line, that is their job. Yet you have not seen how far George has come in just over a year. He was so raw when he first came and was playing in NYC. His size always made the contests in NYC a bit of a miss match but he has worked extremely hard to get his fitness up to NRL standard.

Plus don't forget we are without 2 very important forwards in Crocker and Lima. Though our replacements are very good up and coming future stars of the game.

I just have to pull you up on Te'o and McQueen. They have a job to do and that job is to defend and run the ball hard. We play a different style than we have ever played before and we don't play them as hole running forwards, yet. They do their jobs extremely well and to see how far McQueen has come from being a QLD cup player to cement his first grade spot. I always rated him as a backrower over centre or winger and Madge is getting the best of out him.

On the Burgess brothers. Yeah they pop their head through the line, that is their job. Yet you have not seen how far George has come in just over a year. He was so raw when he first came and was playing in NYC. His size always made the contests in NYC a bit of a miss match but he has worked extremely hard to get his fitness up to NRL standard.

Plus don't forget we are without 2 very important forwards in Crocker and Lima. Though our replacements are very good up and coming future stars of the game.
What's the deal with Lima, just injured?

I thought Crocker was dropped for being shit and the younger blokes are playing better footy.

Shoulder injury from the rep game. I also thought he had a family death last week but could just be rumours.
Good to know, from what I've seen he's a pretty damn good bench prop and would be in the top 17 each week, so didn't think he'd be dropped unless it was injury.

Maranta can **** right off.

Gone back to that flat attacking structure again, the Bipolar Broncos are back :sleep:

Griffin = Henjak.

Both have/had 'threatened' to drop players, but never does/did. (hence why players are leaving, as they want a chance at 1st grade)

Henjak dropped Steve Michaels after a 54 pt drubbing but u r right, Henjak=Griffin and both will end up with the same # of premierships whilst Broncos coach.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Kev_Guz
  • Skyblues87
  • Allo
  • Wolfie
  • Stix
  • Robboi_321
  • Broncosarethebest
  • GCBRONCO
  • Strop
  • bb_gun
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • BroncoFan94
  • Gaz
  • Cavalo
  • broncsgoat
  • heartly87
  • Fozz
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.