Round 8 - Broncos vs. Rabbitohs - Post Match Discussion

hayseed

hayseed

QCup Player
Feb 20, 2013
Maranta can **** right off.

Gone back to that flat attacking structure again, the Bipolar Broncos are back :sleep:

Why don't u tell us how u really feel? Ease up dude, it is just a game. Maranta will play more first grade matches than u will.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Why don't u tell us how u really feel? Ease up dude, it is just a game. Maranta will play more first grade matches than u will.
And Henjack/Griffin will coach more games than you if we're using that pearler of an argument.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
You're wrong, Griffin knows best. In Griffin's mind, Macca is better than Smith & Farah combined, Macca is not just a top 5 hooker in the game, he's the BEST hooker fullstop. No one compares to him, his defence, his passing game, his short kicking game, his try assists, his running games, his support play, just everything is flawless.

Sky.jpg

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Out of interest Jeba, do you have any critiques relating to Griffin? Is there any decisions he has made/makes that you don't agree with? Use of the bench, player selections, coaching methods, etc?

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Out of interest Jeba, do you have any critiques relating to Griffin? Is there any decisions he has made/makes that you don't agree with? Use of the bench, player selections, coaching methods, etc?

Not really. He's the coach, he knows better than me. And better than most.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Prince is terrible, Lachlan Maranta really is trying his best to get a spot on the wing for Norths.

Besides that, sucks to lose, but we put in effort. Need to work on some other attacking moves so when the shift out the back doesnt work, we have another play we can go to. Was impressed we got to half time with the lead. This was a good loss for us, doesnt hurt us too much as its only April. Lets hope Griffin can use this loss to address the flaws in our team.

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011
I thought that was Prince best game for us, sure he was shit in defense but we all were. Even manged to take down Inglis one on one.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Press Conference Report

Essentially, Hook reckons we lost the game 8 minutes after half-time. Thought our first half was good, but we were just too soft in the middle and allowed GI to do his thing.

Thaiday thought we weren't tough enough and haven't been tough enough for the past two weeks but were found out tonight. They tried hard but certain plays didn't come off for them. Sam specifically cited his charge downs and admitted with the first one he should have just kept his hands down.

Thaiday struggled when they were asked what it will take to beat a side like Melbourne, Manly and Souths.

Sort of hit him back a bit before he starting coming up with cliches revolved around building on it and such.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Lol, Maranta isn't to blame for that loss

I'm not sure who you're replying to but I didn't say that, he just isn't fast enough and doesn't offer anything for a cross field kick.

Why don't u tell us how u really feel?

I have :winky:

Maranta will play more first grade matches than u will.

And The Beatles have sold more albums then I ever will, whats your point?

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011
Ol Kempey isn't first grade material anymore, as far as I'm afraid. :sleep:

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
The lack of creativity is really our only problem. Souffs got on top of us in the forwards, which isn't surprising, their pack is massive and arguably the best in the comp. But it showed how little idea we had in attack when the forwards aren't poking through or sucking in as many defenders as usual. It's the same problem as last year. Of course Hodges being out didn't help at all, just his presence out there has an effect on both sides.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
As someone posted, we suck at support play. Big time. Just way too much one out crap without anyone except Parker, Hodges and Gillett looking to always offload .... to no-one.

We run too flat in set plays, and against a side that has such a good, fast moving, well drilled one-on-one defence as Souths we are sitting ducks

Norman really, really sucks when he thinks he can do it on his own. He has neither the footwork nor the speed but worst, he doesn't pick the right moment.

Where was the move with Prince > Gillett we saw the other week?

Mind you, not having Hodges is like Souths not having Inglis.

Seems to me that what the team does at training doesn't carry across to the game.

Last edited:
jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
As someone posted, we suck at support play. Big time. Just way too much one out crap without anyone except Parker, Hodges and Gillett looking to always offload .... to no-one.

We run too flat in set plays, and against a side that has such a good, fast moving, well drilled one-on-one defence as Souths we are sitting ducks

Norman really, really sucks when he thinks he can do it on his own. He has neither the footwork nor the speed but worst, he doesn't pick the right moment.

Where was the move with Prince > Gillett we saw the other week?

Mind you, not having Hodges is like Souths not having Inglis.

Seems to me that what the team does at training doesn't carry across to the game.

Something is really amiss with the attack.

There were numerous times last night where people didn't seem to know where they should be when were trying to put on plays.

I distinctly recall Macca swearing loud enough for us to hear it after he was tackled looking to pass to an inside runner (who never appeared)

Our attack needs so much work it's not funny.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Something is really amiss with the attack.

There were numerous times last night where people didn't seem to know where they should be when were trying to put on plays.

I distinctly recall Macca swearing loud enough for us to hear it after he was tackled looking to pass to an inside runner (who never appeared)

Our attack needs so much work it's not funny.

Yea verily - Hodges adds a lot of structure down the right side - sadly missing last night, but we shouldn't have to rely on 1 player to carry a team)

And our ruck speed truly sucks as well.

Oh, and with all the talk during the week about NOT giving the ball to Inglis, what did we do? Give the ball to Inglis time and time again, with predictable results. Grrrrrrrrr

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • rnabokov
  • Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.