Round 8 - Broncos vs. Rabbitohs - Post Match Discussion

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I think Glenn and Gillett are getting 80 minutes at present just to keep a good partnership with the centre and half they defend beside. Only reason I can think of them always getting 80 minutes. It'll be interesting to see if that changes at all when we are at full strength. Stagg and McGuire on the bench could see Thaiday play more time in the backrow which would lead to Gillett getting a spell.

S

Shifts

Apr 11, 2013
Does griffin ever look at this forum? He needs to fucking understand that maranta should be replaced by kemp, there's no other way to put it, give kemp a fucking go for a couple of weeks to see how he performs, the right side partnership of hedges and kemp is a lot better than maranta, kemp also has so much speed, ffs griffin needs to read this forum

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
The forum needs to watch more Kemp, or the lack there of.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The thing holding Kemp back at this stage is that he hasn't put together a string of good performances together. He has had a hamstring injury and was ill last week. I'd love to see him get back in the side but he will really have to earn it IMO. I wouldn't mind seeing Kahu wing it instead of Maranta but I am not sure how Kahu goes on the wing.

S

Shifts

Apr 11, 2013
Griffin is just a spastic IMO, we have zero speed in our team, last night the rabbits made an 80 meter run before getting tackled whereas of kemp was there and hodges we would've caught them after 30 meters, griffin needs to add a player with speed

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Parker is an amazing player. Griffin has years of experience as a coach at many levels, I wouldn't question his use of Parker. If he wanted Parker to adjust some areas of his play, he would have already done so.
Nah, we should follow BHQ "the sky is falling on our heads" knee jerking, and start swapping players all over the shop, because the broncospwns of this world know better than the professionals at Red Hill.

seriously, this type of rhetoric only makes you look petty...

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Nah, we should follow BHQ "the sky is falling on our heads" knee jerking, and start swapping players all over the shop, because the broncospwns of this world know better than the professionals at Red Hill.

seriously, this type of rhetoric only makes you look petty...
Who are these players that I want to swap all over the shop, when did I say the sky was falling?

The petty argument is saying we shouldn't have an opinion because the professionals at Red Hill know better, if that's the case there shouldn't be any questioning of any decision made by the coach or the players.

Last edited:
Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Who said you shouldn't have an opinion?
You missed my point, which was that if I'm going to react to you the way you react to other people's opinion about your ideas (ie the sarcasm you used to belittle Jeba's opinion), that first sentence would be the result. :winky:

Having said that, most of us here have been rambling for most of the season like headless chickens about players needing to come in the team, others needing to go out and buying everything that moves, not to mention the coach needing sacking. If that's not knee jerking, I don't know what is!

I mean, there is a big difference between constructive criticism, and say... starting a thread wanting the coach sacked for example. :001_tt2:

OXY-351

OXY-351

NRL Player
Oct 1, 2008
The result was what I expected (I actually tipped the bunnies to win by 14 points, suck shit Tom Waterhouse, you just gave me a lot of money) and I think it showed where the broncos are at this year. They are close enough to being able to match it with the top 4 sides for periods of the game, and on their day if all went right (penalties, refs decisions etc) they could probably beat them, but overall they are just a cut below the genuine premiership contenders in 2013.

Most players seem to defend well for the game, but then they'll be let down by one or two other teammates who make some shocking decisions in defence, and let a try in undoing all the good work of others. And in attack, the Broncos just don't seem to have much at all imo. If the second man play to Hoffman doesn't come off, they seem out of ideas. They just don't seem to come up with many creative plays that ask questions on the oppositions defence. It all seems like a lot of one out running.

Earlier on in the season I thought it would be touch and go as to whether the Broncos would make the finals at all. I think they've shown enough form recently to suggest they probably will make the 8, but unless something drastic changes, I don't think they'll go too much further than the first 2 weeks of the finals.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Our spine just lacks creativity. Hunt is the only one who seems to play what is in front of him when he comes on at Hooker. Prince is capable of it but he is being held back by age and lack of confidence in his body IMO.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Does griffin ever look at this forum? He needs to fucking understand that maranta should be replaced by kemp, there's no other way to put it, give kemp a fucking go for a couple of weeks to see how he performs, the right side partnership of hedges and kemp is a lot better than maranta, kemp also has so much speed, ffs griffin needs to read this forum

images_zps24aa0be4.jpg

LOL......if Griffin were to listen this forum we'd be seeing a different team run out every week.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Our spine just lacks creativity. Hunt is the only one who seems to play what is in front of him when he comes on at Hooker. Prince is capable of it but he is being held back by age and lack of confidence in his body IMO.

I think the thing with Prince is he's also used to being the main organiser........both himself and whatever team he's in are better off when he's calling all the shots.

I'd still like to see him in the 7 jersey.....

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Who are these players that I want to swap all over the shop, when did I say the sky was falling?

Try reading back through some of your game day posts and the message will become clearer......:winky:

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011
Andrew Vs Ben...

One week it's "Hunt was awful coming off the bench, keep Macca out there for the 80 minutes". The next week, "Hunt was awesome coming off the bench, he adds spark which Macca cannot provide".

I don't even know who the better of the two are anymore, they keep having mixed weeks where one is superior to the other. Last 2 weeks is a good example. Pretty sure everyone was complaining in the Tigers game how garbage Hunt was and this week are praising him.

Make your minds up.

I didn't intent to rant, just pointing it out. Not having a go at anyone either.

M

Manifesto

QCup Player
Jun 5, 2012
Andrew Vs Ben...

One week it's "Hunt was awful coming off the bench, keep Macca out there for the 80 minutes". The next week, "Hunt was awesome coming off the bench, he adds spark which Macca cannot provide".

I don't even know who the better of the two are anymore, they keep having mixed weeks where one is superior to the other. Last 2 weeks is a good example. Pretty sure everyone was complaining in the Tigers game how garbage Hunt was and this week are praising him.

Brilliant summary. Hunt is a fantastic talent, but is wasted as a bench hooker, considering that hooker is not even he proper position, and that is showing with his inconsistent performances. His mixed performances are probably due inexperience with the hooker role and lack of polish/opportunity with his halfback skills. He should either be starting halfback or go back to Q Cup to play halfback. Macca can be either brilliant or downright terrible, and this year has been relatively terrible. He needs to feel threatened. Like many people have said already, he is too comfortable in the team and needs to feel that he is playing for his position. I think Baptise should come onto the bench to provide this competition.

hayseed

hayseed

QCup Player
Feb 20, 2013
I'm not sure who you're replying to but I didn't say that, he just isn't fast enough and doesn't offer anything for a cross field kick.

I have :winky:

And The Beatles have sold more albums then I ever will, whats your point?

Don't print on here what u wouldn't say to his face. It makes u look like a fool. Most of your posts are excellent and very enjoyable to read but when the bogan is unleashed, it then turns into utter garbage. Whilst I concede that 90% of RL fans wear that unfortunate tag, this site has always been above that with some very articulate and knowledgable posters, there are few bevans of course, namely the ones who can't spell nor punctuate but nobody pays attention to them anyways. U might want to fashion yourself with the likes of nopatience, Coxy, Beads, Mr. Fourex etc who all provide constructive criticism and keep their emotions in check and r easily the smartest contributors to this site. I agree that Maranta is struggling but he is just a kid trying to make his way in first grade and seriously, who would u replace him with???? DK? He is barely good enough for Q cup Berryman? Not in this lifetime Kahu? He still favours that knee and atm is slower than Dane Tilse. Mitch Rivett? Now vertigo, u r just being ridiculous. BTW, I hate the Beatles almost as much as I hate bogans.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Who said you shouldn't have an opinion?
You missed my point, which was that if I'm going to react to you the way you react to other people's opinion about your ideas (ie the sarcasm you used to belittle Jeba's opinion), that first sentence would be the result. :winky:

Having said that, most of us here have been rambling for most of the season like headless chickens about players needing to come in the team, others needing to go out and buying everything that moves, not to mention the coach needing sacking. If that's not knee jerking, I don't know what is!

I mean, there is a big difference between constructive criticism, and say... starting a thread wanting the coach sacked for example. :001_tt2:
BP had a sarcastic dig at me for saying Hala should play more minutes implying that I was pretending to know better than the coaching staff and I simply returned serve. I don't remember belittling Jeba btw, unless you meant to say BP there.

People are frustrated with the decisions management make and are voicing that, I think Hunt hasn't been given a fair go, you think he has, I think Macca gets it too easy and has no real pressure on his position, I think Baptise also doesn't get a fair shot at FG and I think Maranta should be replaced down the track because I think he offers nothing. I'm not saying the sky is falling but I will say it when I think things could be better.

Melbourne haven't lost a game in a long time and dumped Duffie when he had a bad game against us. Every team drops player for poor form or to give someone else a chance but Griffin has never dropped anyone but fringe bench forwards since he started and me voicing my opinions in that regard is not me saying I know better than the coaching staff because that's a ridiculous argument, that's like someone criticising an iPhone and returning with "You obviously know better than the Apple management team who have made 150bn in profit!", it's just a poor way of disagreeing with someone.

Unread

Active Now

• Battler
  • Mustafur
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Organix
  • BroncoFan94
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.