Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Good effort by the Broncs .
Moga improved his game . Made space for his winger and made a cpl of try saving tackles on the line .

K Nick looking better also . His combination with Gillette nice to see . 1st few weeks of his trial he has done good .

I wonder what Uncle Wayne was saying to Milf just before they went back for the 2nd half . Looked like a pretty stern moment with Wayne gripping Milf`s shoulders and talking very seriously .

T

Taylor1921

QCup Player
Apr 18, 2014
The first try to the Rabbitohs, watch Jennings. Wasn't looking at the ball, jumped into Mead. And that was a try but I've seen similar ones all year, that have been denied just because the chaser was not going for the ball. Don't know how that wasn't cited tbh.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
I'm not sure about the fiddly bits in the rules of the game, so I don't know 100% if Moga's was a try or not. To my eye, there was enough evidence to say Milford didn't ground the ball in goal (I know some people won't agree with that). You can see that the ball wasn't on the ground before it was obscured, and that it didnt get any lower once it was. So no try at that point, and I think tackle completed if you're anywhere else on the field.

The ball comes out, and from what I saw, it wasn't passed by Milford, it was pushed out by the Rabbits. This is the bit I'm not sure on technically. Is it a strip in attempting to ground the ball? I don't know if it's play on there or not, or a penalty for a strip.

There's no penalty I don't think. You are allowed to strip in attempting to stop a try ( I'm pretty sure)

badyon

badyon

QCup Player
Feb 8, 2014
Macca is putting up superhuman numbers in defence.

Flipside is the last 5-10 mins in each half his service becomes very ordinary.

His long passes - greater than 15m - like the pass to Milf for the field goal - are just zero energy, and it is fatigue.

We need the bench utility to come on and spell him, or, at least, take over the dummy half. The last 5 mins of games you can guarantee Macca will do something ordinary out of dummy half, something needs to change up here.

Mitch06

Mitch06

NRL Player
Jan 23, 2014
Macca is putting up superhuman numbers in defence.

Flipside is the last 5-10 mins in each half his service becomes very ordinary.

His long passes - greater than 15m - like the pass to Milf for the field goal - are just zero energy, and it is fatigue.

We need the bench utility to come on and spell him, or, at least, take over the dummy half. The last 5 mins of games you can guarantee Macca will do something ordinary out of dummy half, something needs to change up here.
If he knew how to spiral pass he could still throw the distance!

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I caught that ball: Milford

Brisbane Broncos five-eighth Anthony Milford has vehemently denied any suggestions he knocked-on in the lead up to his match-winning field goal against the Rabbitohs on Friday night.

The 22-year-old appeared to bobble a pass on the ground before he stepped off his right foot and coolly slotted the one-pointer with his left boot to give his side a pulsating 25-24 win at ANZ Stadium.

Rabbitohs coach Michael Maguire questioned the 78th-minute incident, but Milford said it was a fair play.

"Controversial? What happened?" Milford quipped with media after the game.

"There was no doubt in my mind that I caught the ball for the field goal. I hit that not as sweet as I could, but the most important thing is that it went over.

"I caught it. If I dropped it then I wouldn't have hit it.

"I don't think it [Maguire's views] worries us too much. The most important thing is that we celebrated the Anzac game to the best that we could. It was another tough game for us – we left it to the dying minutes again – so we're just going to take the two points and run away with it."

The play itself held extra meaning for Milford who had missed a shot moments earlier, while he also let several opportunities slip late in the game in the Round 2 loss to the Cowboys in golden point.

"When that play the ball happened I just thought in my head 'just clear my head' and I just had that clutch moment in my head," he said.

"Robbie [Farah] was the only one coming hard at me on my right foot so I was lucky enough to chuck it on my left. All the practise at training comes off. I think every kicker out there practises on their opposite foot so I was just lucky enough to hit it as well as I could and it went over.

"That one was instinct. I prefer to kick it on my right and I wanted to make amends for my miss earlier.

"I put my hand up – I wanted to step up in that moment – and I was fortunate enough [to nail it]."

Milford also weighed in on the debate surrounding Tautau Moga's game-levelling try in the 69th minute when the Broncos centre scooped up a loose ball to score near the posts.

Milford appeared to have been held while attempting to ground the ball, only for the ball to come free allowing Moga to score.

The on-field ruling was that it was a try, and the Bunker couldn't find sufficient evidence to overturn it, although Milford was adamant that he had in fact grounded the ball in the first place.

"I honestly thought I got it down – I know that I got it down," he said.

"I think they stripped it out and lucky enough 'Tau' played to the whistle and he scored. I think it went up as a try and I don't think they found it conclusive that it wasn't a try. We got the four points and that's all that matters."

The Broncos playmaker wouldn't bite on rumours about his future at the club, telling media that any possible contract extension was up to his manager.

"The contract stuff is left to my manager and the Broncos. They're sorting it out and they're still talking so I'll just leave it to them."

http://www.nrl.com/i-caught-that-ball-milford/tabid/10874/newsid/105937/default.aspx

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The last 2 paras of that story sort of worry me

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
You know, that's twice now we've had natural right-footers switch back and pot a field-goal on their left peg.

It's fucking impressive, and I feel like if JT or some other media darling did that, we'd never hear the end of it. Yet, I haven't heard a peep about Kahu or Milford's goals.

Seriously, try a drop-kick with your unfavoured foot, it's hilarious how unco you'll look and feel.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
So what can the NRL do here... tell Souths they can't play at ANZ because they have fucak all supporters and they have to play in the park until they get more. Sure the NRL has problems, but what the **** are souths doing to get their fans to the game. None of the usual excuses apply here... weather fine, decent kick off time, kids don't have school tomorrow, Burgess let off at judiciary, playing decent opposition. **** it, how about the clubs get off their arses and promote the games, instead of just raking in the money guarantee that ANZ offers its tenants, regardless how many turn up to watch. Don't souths have something like 35000 plus members??

This. For all their bluster, people love being seen in Rabbitohs gear but can't be fucked attending games. Which is what pisses me off about the RLPA and clubs wanting more money - they just want handouts instead of actually promoting their club and the game.

The membership numbers are a pile of shit too. A few clubs offer "sponsor" packages where people can buy anyone, kids, fucking dogs, whatever, cheap memberships so it's not unheard of for people to just buy 10 or 20 of those for Christmas presents. Great initiative, but they're counted (albeit as I ticketed members) and Souths are one team that offered them.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
There's no penalty I don't think. You are allowed to strip in attempting to stop a try ( I'm pretty sure)

Yes you are, but if you do the ball then becomes live and it is play on. A point that the commentators failed to mention.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Kodi is interesting. He seems like a genius at picking out edge forwards running lines through the defence and has a fantastic short ball in general, but his long passing looks worse than McGuire's or Blair's.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Kodi is coming up with some nice touches, but he goes missing far too often. Anthony Milford and Darius Boyd should link up with him more often to try and put the defence in two minds.

That kick early in the first half maybe a contender for the worst kick of the season. The Broncos need to be conscious of it and Nikorima will have to do some extras to try and eliminate it out of his game.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Just not convinced by Kodi. Cant put my finger on why, i just feel he is lacking something to establish himself.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Just not convinced by Kodi. Cant put my finger on why, i just feel he is lacking something to establish himself.

Maybe lacking the confidence born of experience for mine, together with a rather awkward, shallow attacking structure which puts more pressure on our halves to pull rabbits (cough, cough) out of hats. At the same time, as others observed, he is trying to use our right edge and doing it rather well. So hopefully, the long kicking game and more involvement will just continue to evolve with the more games he plays.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
G. Burger facing four games.

1492832091874.jpg

But it's not his go.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Sutton's ruling on the Gutherson knock on in the Eels vs Panthers game just confirmed that Milford did not knock on last night because Milford took possession of the ball with the fingers from both of his hands before the ball touched the ground.

Now Maguire can shut the **** up.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • bb_gun
  • Foordy
  • RolledOates
  • Brocko
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Bucking Beads
  • BRC088
  • MasterWright
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.